IPL Apr 8 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Maybe you might be right because the IPL is played immediately following the World Cup and not on fresh wickets. If we get wickets like the one where the England-SA, England-WI and India-WI were played in the WC, 160 should be quite enough. But I am guessing they could spruce up the wickets a bit to make sure its a high scoring match.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think the pitches would be much slower, because so many games have been played in Chennai during the World cup. 150-160 should be a good score.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And MSD starts this IPL with "Well of course" :p

----------

Jeez, Randiv in the XI. CSK gonna lose this.

----------

And Kolkata is playing just two foreign players, wow. I think it's the first match where a team isn't using all 4 slots of the overseas guys, isn't it?

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
They had 3 overseas available in Kallis , Morgan & RTD . But they have ignored Morgan it seems :facepalm
And all 3 IPL editions so far have seen the team that has batted first to go on to win the game .

----------

This is embarrasing really , drop RTD ?? :facepalm

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand why they wouldn't include Ryan ten Doeschate. He can bat and bowl. What else do they want?

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Murali disappoints once again.Pathetic batting shot that was...:facepalm

----------

Kolkata has a poor bowling line up.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Anirudha is coming into his own here and is showing immense potential here. I never expected this kind of batting from him especially when he is opening the innings. Barring that last top edge, he has batted beautifully

Southee, Morkel, Ashwin, Randiv and Jakati. A good solid bowling lineup. If Chennai can get to 160, we really have the resources to keep KKR down.

----------

Murali disappoints once again.Pathetic batting shot that was...:facepalm

----------

Kolkata has a poor bowling line up.

First match of the tournament, why do you jump the gun so early?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I too wish Anirudhaa is a major find. Its time we get a serious local Chennai find that could possibly play for India someday.

Yusuf drops two big catches today. Already one is hurting him big (that of Anirudhaa). Hope the luck continues for him with the bat too:D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
So far, a very good start for Chennai. Almost 8 runs per over without Raina contributing as much as we might expect him to do so far. Anirudhaa has been great with a little bit of luck too (for both him and Raina). If we can keep this run rate till 15th over, wont rule out a 170-175 score also.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Love the fact people are criticising CSK for ONLY going at 8 an over to start with. You really can't please some people can you, maybe it's because they haven't had enough times to get the sponsors voiced yet.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The Chepauk looks so beautiful with all those new stands and the colorful decorations. It didnt look as beautiful even in the World Cup. The new stands gives the stadium an awesome look.

Sensible, steady and excellent batting from Raina and Anirudhaa. The run rate is hovering near 8/over, and they are setting up for a major storm in the last 5 overs.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
MSD comes ahead of Badri. :thumbs

KKR has so much bolwing options. Still they have Shukla, who can bowl better than Ladda and Pathan. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread