Ashes Cricket 2013 E3 Game impressions

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It will be because it's a members only section of the site, their 'E3 2013' forum is protected from guest viewing.

Oops I didn't know that the link is not visible for non-members, my bad. :facepalm
Will check with Sam if it can be turned on for public viewing. There is too much of EPIC stuff their when it comes to console wars :D

dadarocks

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
So, that's it - a very dirty game played by the the 505/trickstar games/ whoever, just making hay while the sun shines.....:noway

I suspect that the game's condition is way too pathetic as Sam said, and they'd've released it if it was something just playable (remember, AC09 was far from perfect and crashes were encountered despite of brand new PCs - from Barmyarmy's review) . And the fact that the commentary too wasn't there - I won't be surprised if they delay it till maybe December or something....

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Wait.... so you're telling me a guy with the username badb0y9124 got it wrong?!

This is what shocked looks like...

Only weak pussies call themselves a "badboy"....

If you're 'bad' in a cool, confident way, you don't tell anybody that you're bad. You just be 'bad'.

Gah. This is what I've come to when no new cricket games release...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Clutching at straws for something to talk about, really, aren't we?

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maybe Ashes 2013 is going the Cricket Life way.More negatives about this game.I lost all the ideas i had to buy this game. :mad

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
Ok that E3 section should be visible to everyone now. Anyone doubting the source can check it. As for the game, no hopes really :facepalm

Karachi

Associate Captain
Based on the reviews it seems like a real pathetic game. They cannot be expected to overcome the graphical & gameplay deficiencies in just one month - or even two months. I am not wasting my money on this at all.

If the 505 & Trikstar guys are following Big Ant's details & screenshots they should put their game away & hangup their gloves for this year. If they still want to pursue the project they should just divert all the new stuff they are talking about (if its any good) to IC'10 & release it as IC: Ashes Version' 13 for PC.

If ECB & CA have media monitoring cells - with someone monitoring discussions on cricket games on the internet - they should withdraw their license. If possible it should be handed over to BA.

Params7

International Cricketer
At this point, we really shouldn't care about the visuals and graphics. If it resembles a PS2-era game then so be it. The physics and gameplay itself is what matters. If they can get that off to a solid start in this new engine, visuals are something they could easily improve upon with every iteration. But no pretty graphics and polish in this world will make up for broken gameplay and mechanics.

Junior963

School Cricketer
as far as i am concerned i wont say which game is better until i have played both although big ant might be more visually appealing thus far it would suck to find batsmen pulling yorkers

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
At this point, we really shouldn't care about the visuals and graphics. If it resembles a PS2-era game then so be it. The physics and gameplay itself is what matters. If they can get that off to a solid start in this new engine, visuals are something they could easily improve upon with every iteration. But no pretty graphics and polish in this world will make up for broken gameplay and mechanics.

Gameplay is of course king, but I am not prepared to put up with PS2 era graphics in a modern game that I've paid good money for.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gameplay is of course king, but I am not prepared to put up with PS2 era graphics in a modern game that I've paid good money for.

agreed - these people have been making cricket games long enough now to ensure graphics are up to 2013 standards

Users who are viewing this thread