Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

NathanScott45

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there an option to change both the colour and style of the grip. If not, would be great for a DLC. :)

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
People are expecting so much from this dead game!:spy

Thats what happens when the "other" game has so many features. They forget that this game has been made by people that class things such as drs not necessary to add. Even though its a permanent presence in modern day cricket.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I posted this a while back, very relevant now that they've confirmed a button without meaning.
But in all the games it has appeared in it did nothing apart from trigger a sound clip and animation - any time it was actually out, the game appealed for you. Continually mashing the appeal button had no negative impact - so it was essentially a noise button.

An appeal button itself would be negligible to add (the appealing code has to exist regardless, you're just forcing it to run with the button) - provided there's not other uses for the buttons at a given time that would make it difficult - the issue is adding value to it, it is obvious on almost all occasions when something warrants an appeal - so it's very hard to think how you would implement a button on its own - if you can just appeal anything, you will appeal everything - but if you attempt to factor in umpire annoyance, you need to think about how to add in enough user feedback to make a value judgement on whether it's worth pressing.

To add the feature is simple, to give the feature value beyond making noise is another thing. Would pressing the appeal button give you half a shout from the bowler, or would the whole team rise in unison? How harsh would you make the non-auto appeal, could you miss obvious wickets because you didn't hit the appeal button in time? Would appeals make umpires make the wrong decision - if so how do you balance that? What balances out the appeal button for the batting team?

The obvious response would be 'but you could turn it off' - but the same goes for a bunch of features. I always liked the idea of turning off fielding so that the game just did it - but AC09 made the catching good enough that I liked having it on. You don't build features by assuming the use of an off button, you have to try and make it compelling enough of a feature that people will want to use it.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I posted this a while back, very relevant now that they've confirmed a button without meaning.

Yeah...but to the casual gamer it still has the same appeal as the appeal button in BigAnt cricket, even though BA's implementation is way better!! They are just trying to cancel out the features in BA's game!!

But its still nice to know that they are trying to improve their game!!! Competition can do wonders....we just witnessed it :D!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Question to ask is what effect what this has in absence of DRS which will be added later on as per the developers. If its just a gimmick to compete with Cricket 14, it won't do the game any good. They should rather focus on refining the gameplay and bug elimination.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Question to ask is what effect what this has in absence of DRS which will be added later on as per the developers. If its just a gimmick to compete with Cricket 14, it won't do the game any good. They should rather focus on refining the gameplay and bug elimination.

I would assume its too late to implement DRS and Manual Appealing meaningfully in this game!! They are surely gonna be gimmicks which would be improved upon in their future releases!! They are just trying to make their 'Back-of-the-box-page' look as feature heavy as BigAnt....nothing else!!

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
To me it makes no difference if the game has got extra features added. I believe the delay was due to the game being unplayable, nothing else. If people are expecting tons of new features then they are naive.
What makes all the difference to me is how the customers have been treated. That's what will determine which game I play, and not if trickster simply add an extra feature or two.

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To me it makes no difference if the game has got extra features added. I believe the delay was due to the game being unplayable, nothing else. If people are expecting tons of new features then they are naive.
What makes all the difference to me is how the customers have been treated. That's what will determine which game I play, and not if trickster simply add an extra feature or two.

LOL! They are playing tricks.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looking forward to the next Q&A session (hopefully this Friday). Just hoping we get some positive news about the game for once and maybe just maybe a gameplay trailer in the next week or so as Mike seemed to suggest in his last video.

#faithinthefirth

Users who are viewing this thread