Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

all content in now in with the exception of a new team which 505 Games will make an announcement about shortly...

That's interesting tidbit, I can assume you must have obtained a new license during the release date extension??

Great news Mike, everyone needs a weekend off work as I need one soon also.:(

So a new licence team has been added, maybe new Zealand or India.
Good luck as I will be still buying the game come November.

----------

That's interesting tidbit, I can assume you must have obtained a new license during the release date extension??

Yeah he released a small bomb right there, some good news is very welcome. PS How about your NZ team Biggs ?

I think it's highly unlikely to be India, if it even is an international team. More likely South Africa, I doubt NZ would warrant much interest in the UK... which is their main market. I haven't really been following much of our NZ A team...

Depending on the funding could be India... Dropping a wad of cash to get some more positivity. Could be a good move. (wonder if they can play woth DRS?)

South Africa possibly more likely. Don't see why they would add another non-international team unless it was a team of retired ashes legends, not contracted to any board so they could license individually

If a international team yeah South Africa would be a good choice, India would cost to much. PS Good to talk positive about ashes 2013. ;)

----------

Give us a clue Mike, Please.:D

Facebook, 9 minutes ago:

We have the Ashes licenses for England & Australia but all other national teams in the game are generic as we don't have the ICC license to cover them.

So it's not international.

Maybe some sort of World XI?

Last edited:
Facebook, 9 minutes ago:

So it's not international.

Maybe some sort of World XI?

Made up of just players from England, Australia and those universities they ran the competition for? I can imagine the test lineup:

1) Alistair Cook
2) Chris Rogers
3) Trevor from Northcote

Licences may end up killing this game in two ways.

1) Relying on an Ashes licence to sell a game, rather than actual features and gameplay. You've licenced the faces but kept the bodies generic. Tell me, which is more important? You are looking at the back of the bowler's head outside of cutscenes and the batsman is under a helmet.
2) The heavy restrictions imposed, meaning you can't edit the Australian and English squads, so the game will go out of date rapidly.

That's very true - whether poor negotiation from 505 or over-protection from CA/ECB or general short sightedness on both sides, the licenses here become a negative to the gamer. (I'm sure they remain a positive to the publisher as it will help sell.)

@Mike, I am sure you earned your weekend off. Have you actually sent any assets to 505 yet, or are they still being generated? (i.e. do you wait till they're all done before sending them, or do you send them as and when they're done?).

Also, as we are pretty close to reaching the outer limits of surely anyone's definition of "early" September, when will the feature reveals start?

Only one extra team is a bit odd - otherwise Australia A and the England Lions would be a good way of expanding out the team options.

Hi Guys, Sorry for being quiet over the last few days as I actually had the weekend and yesterday off for a change.
I'm certain that is well deserved.

2) The heavy restrictions imposed, meaning you can't edit the Australian and English squads, so the game will go out of date rapidly.

To follow up on this, here is the Australian squad as of August 2, according to Twitter:

Haddin, D. Hussey, Hastings, Johnson, Starc, Doherty, Bailey, Khawaja, Smith, Hughes, Maxwell, McKay, Quiney, Beer, Harris, Hilfenhaus, Warner, Cowan, Bird, Pattinson, Wade, Clarke, Lyon, Cummins, Forrest, Siddle, Watson, Paine, Agar, Henriques.

There are 30 players there. Given how different the 2020, ODI and test teams have become, it's almost certain that there will be players outside of that list getting a game over summer. Heck, whilst writing that I just realised that Fawad Ahmed is not there. Trickstar will likely come out and say "it's okay, we can patch him in" but what if someone else rises up quickly after Christmas?

Nathan Coulter-Nile? (played a 2020 even I think)
Joe Burns?

@whiteninness:

I think what we need to understand is that Trickstar/505, while the development of this game, did not see Big Ant coming up with a game for competition, let alone such a strong one (as it seems).

Thus, the game looks very weak. However, AC 09 was similar in aspects such as team players, Ashes series-centric, etc. and was good at that time. (I did enjoy that game)

I feel, once they have a look at what Big Ant have done they maybe able to come up with a much improved game, one that can compete with DBC.

I think the next iteration of this game is the one to look out for.

Only one extra team is a bit odd - otherwise Australia A and the England Lions would be a good way of expanding out the team options.

Yeah, that'll be it... an A team or Lions squad, make better use of the official players. Either that, or they've secured a domestic team or something?

did Aus play the Lions when here? if so they maybe already had them and are adding in Aus A

or maybe it'll be Ireland!

In Soviet Russia, Cricket licenses YOU

Users who are viewing this thread