Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
116356d1385100438-ashes-cricket-2013-general-discussion-now-available-twerkit-small.gif
116356d1385100438-ashes-cricket-2013-general-discussion-now-available-twerkit-small.gif

This guy gets it.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From Mike Fegan's interview in May 2013:

(Talking about previous games)
MF:Everything was looking a bit tired as well and a lot of people were disappointed in some of the animations and so forth; we?d actually been using some of those animations going back to 2005. So we took all of that on board and that?s why we came to the assumption that we had to throw everything out.

PC: So when are you hoping to have the game released?

MF: Well the game is released next month.

PC: And you?re confident it will be released next month on the 21st?

MF: We?re very confident. We?re doing daily builds at the moment and are really pleased with how the game is coming along. The next few weeks are critical as we need to get the gameplay balancing right and we?ve also got to get a few of the bugs fixed, as all software has bugs unfortunately and we just need to minimise them as much as possible. So we?re pretty happy with things ? and we?ve been working on this game for three years so personally I?m looking forward to getting it out the door.

PC: I was asked about playable scenarios ? what?s going to make people want to play this game for a long time rather than just a few weeks?

MF: I think this time around we really focused heavily on was a lot of new features, particularly ?live pitch? where the pitch is changing over a period of time, and the way we set up the 28 stadiums in the game is that essentially we?re taking geographical data....so there?s a lot of nuances to the game that we haven?t had before and I think players are going to really enjoy it.

PC: I?m really excited about the game, I think we all are ? it?s a great buzz ? obviously you?ve got a competitor in Melbourne as well which raises the stakes a bit ? you must be really looking forward to release and getting it out and away?

MF: Definitely, I think competition is good just like the real sport. The guys down the road know cricket and hopefully they come up with a good game as well. But you know where we think we?re different is having those exclusive licences, the exclusive stadiums, we have over 200 kit items ? a bunch of kit manufacturers ? you know we have content in the game that they can?t do, but hopefully they crack the cricket game as well.

:facepalm:facepalm

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I can't believe that people wasted money on this heap of crap. It is a sad day for gaming in general when a game so crap is released.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Someone NEEDS to make a video of all these little tidbits....the umpire becoming a butterfly....the wicket celebrations by bowlers and wicketkeepers...the fielding rituals of staring at each other...the non striker bending down literally after every ball in a very "vulgar" manner...put them together with some catchy rap music and on constant repeat.....

I can watch it all day long.

^^^^^ This. I'm sure more "fun" animations will be discovered. A music video montage would be great. Maybe worth 20 bucks for comedy value alone!

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I cant even continue my trolling and pretend this is good anymore. I didnt buy it but im not sure i need to...

You sir is a hopeless troll. :cheers But good that you understood.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
This game is a perfect example of bad project management, its not just about technical faliures. I think the main person at fault is the project manager, even if a team faces difficulties during a development cycle it is the project manager's job to still keep the team together with the help of risk analysis and planning. If they already had risk planning they probably would have a back up solution to all problems but instead what they did was they delayed the release from june to november but really delaying a game is not a solution to any problem.

smasta

Club Captain
:facepalm After seeing these videos, I don't know what QA process has been followed for this CRAP( I doubt if there was any process at all). I can live up with some bugs (to be addressed in future) or little bit animation flaws as I know that everyone do not understand all the fine details involved in Cricket Game, but this is absurd and I can not imagine their QAs do not know what a VIDEO GAME should be and look like.

I am thankful to all PC members who took all the pain to post these videos and their reviews and saved my 20 bucks :cheers also amazed how they survived playing this CRAP (can't say it game) for such a long time (more than 10 min :eek:) ... :lol

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Their QA was done in India, they know Cricket but were probably just asked to do compliance.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I have seen bad games, I have seen unfinished gams but Ashes Cricket 2013 sets a new example in that category. "Dare you release a game like this"

smasta

Club Captain
I have seen bad games, I have seen unfinished gams but Ashes Cricket 2013 sets a new example in that category. "Dare you release a game like this"

1) Being from software industry, I would not have even let my clients/customers have a look at it.

2) Putting it in market for selling is completely out of question. It would be suicide for business.

Apparently it looks like they followed first point only. :rolleyes

Last edited:

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
1) Being from software industry, I would not have even let my clients/customers have a look at it.

2) Putting it in market for selling is completely out of question. It would be suicide for business.

Aparantly it looks like they followed first point only. :rolleyes

hahaha, Its more like something between Prototype and alpha.
I am a Game Designer, I would never like to see such a rape of any of my concepts ever. I don't know how the team itself can tolerate such junk being released after a production cycle of more than a year.

glenny134

Club Captain
I uploaded a short video to youtube...the game is clearly not finished but that does make you laugh when the keeper starts grinding on the batsman :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

adnamsa

School Cricketer
I uploaded a short video to youtube...the game is clearly not finished but that does make you laugh when the keeper starts grinding on the batsman :lol

How does the keeper catch that wicket at ~42secs? its at shin height and his hands are at his waist!!!

Users who are viewing this thread