BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
By the way whats her name on ur dp?:yes

Colin. ;)

But we're off topic, so easing us back onto the thread at hand - another question for Chief, will the CROWD section/s in Ashes '13 feature a WAGS section, as is traditional in Cricket? Are you using motion-capture to realise this WAGS section in full HD realistic glory? ...also, will the WAGS section perform Gangnam Style when their relevant partner scores 100? Also, will the game have pigeons in the WAGS section?

Last edited:

ponnu_2012

School Cricketer
Chief: in the commentary section, is it possible to pronounce the name of the player/country automatically when we add a new name other than the recorded one? like a type recognition software? it will be funny to add any new comers in the team and the commentator says his name...

Storer11

Club Captain
Not sure if this is possible or not, but an idea to overcome the created players names not being announced during commentary, if the gamer has a headset or microphone of some sort they could implement the first and last name themselves by saying it.

This would be pretty effective (if the recognition software was accurate), but again I don't know if it is possible.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I think there would some video or podcast after the vote is finished....:yes

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
In IC2010, if the AI batted first, after the innings ended i had no way of changing who i want to open with even though i could alter the rest of the line up. Depending on match situation i may want to open with certain players rather than the default ones i chose before the match even started. Can you make sure we have that option?

ponnu_2012

School Cricketer
Not sure if this is possible or not, but an idea to overcome the created players names not being announced during commentary, if the gamer has a headset or microphone of some sort they could implement the first and last name themselves by saying it.

This would be pretty effective (if the recognition software was accurate), but again I don't know if it is possible.

But if it is with your headset/microphone it will affect the default commentary sound?? means, that name will be in your sound...

Storer11

Club Captain
But if it is with your headset/microphone it will affect the default commentary sound?? means, that name will be in your sound...

It should be picked up by software and then transferred into the commentators voice.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Technology that doesn't exist.

Pop down to your local Kmart and pick up a "Darth Vader" Helmet, converts your voice to sound like Lukes Dad... I imagine a Helmet that you place over your head that converts your own voice to sound and look like Danny Morrison.

...get on that R&D asap, Trickstar. :rolleyes

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Guys, while we wait for the podcast... I've (painstakingly) gone through the entire thread and linked a few Chief tidbits I've missed and updated the index with ALL his answers to your questions. Keep in mind, these are just HINTS at what might be included in the game and although there are plenty of vague answers, there's plenty to get excited about...

Here's everything that has been comprehensively covered by Chief up until now...

Chief Answers...

Note: Newest answers are at the top of this list, oldest at the bottom

Oh and... check the FAQ for the FACTS!

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This might be too early to talk about distribution but Chief, please take a look at some of the popular Indian gaming websites for distribution in India. Gaming websites and gaming stores like GamesInc, Game4u and Games The Shop (also have stores across India) and Flipkart.com have huge consumer base and would help sell the game and increase visibility of the product in India. You have a Xbox user base of half a million people in India and if you manage to sell a cricket game well and market it well here, you might possibly make good sales out of this market. At least I hope so.

In the past, noone has marketted cricket games in India at all. I for myself have seen how console gaming stores have cropped up all over the place in the country since the time EA last made a cricket game and a cricket game was last launched in general. I can assure you, at least on the side of console gamers in India that more than 90% of Xbox and PS3 users would be ones who buy original copies. The access to games now is far more than anytime in the past and cricket games in general should seriously consider India as a big market now. I would be curious to know how many copies some of the other sports titles sell in India.

Users who are viewing this thread