Ashes Cricket delayed officially

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It's pretty insulting the way cricket game fans get treated by these companies who seem to have this attitude of doing us some huge favor just by deciding to make a game.

nahid

Club Captain
cricket is the second best sports in the world but still no value !! other games are sooooo advanced ,, its freaking 2013 .. idk i just get so mad when i think about those BS

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's pretty insulting the way cricket game fans get treated by these companies who seem to have this attitude of doing us some huge favor just by deciding to make a game.

Unfortunately, that's a symptom more of the lack of sales and money to be made outta the product than it is the developers fault. It's also in part the end result of the product getting heavily pirated in the past and developers not making a lot of money out of producing the game... In short; There's just not a hell of a lot of money to be made outta cricket gaming, unfortunately. It is and will be for quite some time, a niche sport.

Hopefully, in the future... someone can prove that all wrong. Maybe Ashes 2013 will... Who knows...

007avenger007

Club Captain
No gameplay video... no trailers... no final screenshots... THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PAY MONEY FOR?
they didn't give you a damn screenshot except for some WIP photos...
imagine buying a car where the only thing the company tells you is that it drives well and shows you some development photos...
I don't mean to offend anybody but whoever has pre-ordered this game as of now is either rich enough not to care or extremely gullible...

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Matt is the 1%

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't mean to offend anybody but whoever has pre-ordered this game as of now is either too rich to care or extremely gullible...

I'm buying it because it's a cricket game. 505 could have released it without any screenshots or trailers and I would still buy it just purely because it's a cricket game.

007avenger007

Club Captain
I'm buying it because it's a cricket game. 505 could have released it without any screenshots or trailers and I would still buy it just purely because it's a cricket game.

That's just blind trust IMO... how can you be so sure this game would be better than IC 2010? Let's say this game is worse than its predecessors (again talking hypothetically) would you buy it if u already knew that or would you just stick to AC 09 or IC 10... Would you pay the devs for being lazy?

----------

I paid $20 for it, if that's 'too rich to care' I suppose I am...

i worded that wrong... edited it... i think my point comes across well enough now...

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Biggs, dont feel like getting into talking about piracy in the subcontinent. but I think the only way to fight it is to make a high quality game and market it properly. Fifa is really popular in India and actually turned into one of EA's biggest market from what i hear. And football as a sport is pretty much dead in India. Make a good game and people would actually like to buy ot legally i believe. Buy it once legally and suddenly they will realize the pride of owning something authentic legally and they would do it again.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
The FIFA titles are AAA titles and Ashes Cricket isn't. Football (Soccer) is massively more popular than Cricket. That's the main difference, much more money and resources involved therefore vastly more return on investment...

It's all numbers, man.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That's just blind trust IMO... how can you be so sure this game would be better than IC 2010? Let's say this game is worse than its predecessors (again talking hypothetically) would you buy it if u already knew that or would you just stick to AC 09 or IC 10... Would you pay the devs for being lazy?

Yep I would still buy it just out of curiosity.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The FIFA titles are AAA titles and Ashes Cricket isn't. Football (Soccer) is massively more popular than Cricket. That's the main difference, much more money involved...
Which is why it is very interesting that we're about to get a cricket game from a company whose other sports titles are even more niche - AFL and Rugby League, both with less widespread support than Cricket. If anyone can make it work, a company that has made a series out of local sports should be it.

i worded that wrong... edited it... i think my point comes across well enough now...
Put simply, I've spent enough over the years on bad cricket games so I don't mind taking another risk - Trickstar delivered what I think is the best game currently available with their last release - that's enough for me to put money down for this one.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
The FIFA titles are AAA titles and Ashes Cricket isn't. Football (Soccer) is massively more popular than Cricket. That's the main difference, much more money and resources involved therefore vastly more return on investment...

It's all numbers, man.

More than money it is about the feeling people get from cricket titles. For years everyone has felt like nothing substantial has been added to cricket games. We are still using the bowling mechanics of cricket 97...batting has seen the most improvement but not enough to make a game stand out. AI has never been done right and each time it feels like AI is getting dumber. Even a casual gamer notices such things, the little advancement made. So automatically they lose respect for the game and start thinking of the companies as downright lazy. So ofcourse sales are going to suffer.

007avenger007

Club Captain
Biggs, dont feel like getting into talking about piracy in the subcontinent. but I think the only way to fight it is to make a high quality game and market it properly. Fifa is really popular in India and actually turned into one of EA's biggest market from what i hear. And football as a sport is pretty much dead in India. Make a good game and people would actually like to buy ot legally i believe. Buy it once legally and suddenly they will realize the pride of owning something authentic legally and they would do it again.

Trust me... most people over here don't know what "buying legally" is... Either it's going to a local retail store and buying a DVD/CD for <$1 not knowing that its already pirated, or downloading from a site... just go to AC 13's fb page and you'll see hundreds of people asking for "download links"(and most of them have indian or pakistani names)... what irks me even more is how they fail to realize that it hasn't even been released yet :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm....

Users who are viewing this thread