Ashes Cricket delayed until November

Ricco_M

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sensible decision but probably the only road available to go down for them as the only way to claw back the severe damage done to the brand is through the quality of the game...although will an extra few months change this a great deal ?

Any competition is good as it keeps everyone on their toes and so I

also think this is great news for us cricket fans and gamers as it will allow BA team a good window of opportunity to get their game out there and established and good luck to them in doing this :thumbs exciting times ahead

angad

Chairman of Consent
I think they made the right move!! Also its impossible to compete with the beast that Cricket14 is turning out to be!! You just cant compete with it.....atleast not this year!

I do hope they come up with a decent game that they can later work upon and maybe give even stronger competition to BigAnt if and when both release their next versions in the future! As a consumer.....competition is always God sent.....always cherish it :D!

punjabi_mc29

School Cricketer
Yeah good on them for finally being upfront and honest with everyone. They've done the best they can do with the situation the way it is now.

Have to agree here and I'm not going to lie, I did feel some sympathy for Mike when I watching the update video.

But in terms of the November release date, isn't it a bit risky releasing AC2013 in November when you have next-gen consoles releasing during this time as well? I mean AC2013 is being developed for the current-gen consoles.

I'm aware that not everyone will be transitioning to next-gen consoles or they'll be playing on PC but just judging from the current pre-order sales for both consoles, I'd doubt many will purchase this game now.

Also, let's not forget Big Ant's cricket game ;)

angad

Chairman of Consent
Have to agree here and I'm not going to lie, I did feel some sympathy for Mike when I watching the update video.

But in terms of the November release date, isn't it a bit risky releasing AC2013 in November when you have next-gen consoles releasing during this time as well? I mean AC2013 is being developed for the current-gen consoles.

I'm aware that not everyone will be transitioning to next-gen consoles or they'll be playing on PC but just judging from the current pre-order sales for both consoles, I'd doubt many will purchase this game now.

Also, let's not forget Big Ant's cricket game ;)

Once you develop a game and build a solid foundation it will be easier to penetrate the market with your next game!! I guess thats what they are trying to do.....get in a decent game for this gen and then go all out with the next gen.

kenpat

Club Cricketer
This isn't an either or situation. I still reckon that almost all of us will buy both games.
I think he has garnered some sympathy with the video but he better not squander it this time. It is going to take from now till November to rebuild the trust and let's hope that both games will be stellar.

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
I think they themselves didn't believe they could do so many wrong things.:facepalm

Valuable lessons big ant has taught them(and I hope they learned):

Never announce release date before every hurdle to release the game is passed, and also if possible don't announce title name like big ant has done as Ashes cricket 2013 means a year 2013 release date and god knows what will happen if by chance they miss a 2013 release.... :(

By naming(temporarily maybe) their game cricket 14, I say big ant is prepared for the worst..:yes

Orangzeb

Banned
Common ppl give them a break I know Big Ant's cricket is ground breaking but maybe they will try to beat it by implementing great things to ashes 2013 ? or maybe I'm just dreaming :rolleyes

graham

Club Captain
Time to move on at least they have eventually come clean.
As i said before he looks stressed to hell, its his and the staff
jobs are going after this mess, and to many promises made to publisher
etc has again cost trickstar..
they have a hell of a lot work to do before november release :facepalm
Good luck Trickstar :wave

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
This delay news only reminds me how little I care for this game now!
It's like all my curiosity,excitement,eagerness for this game has slowly disappeared over the past month!!

----------

Common ppl give them a break :rolleyes
I agree, the most sensible thing to do now is forget about this game for now and shift your focus towards other more important things...:yes

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tell me something new.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am shocked to see the news of ashes2013 getting delayed in the USA IGN home page. WTH lol. And believe it or not, there are comments below it....COMMENTS for heaven's sake guys.

Users who are viewing this thread