Ashes Cricket delayed until November

phil1987

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Common ppl give them a break I know Big Ant's cricket is ground breaking but maybe they will try to beat it by implementing great things to ashes 2013 ? or maybe I'm just dreaming :rolleyes

I find it hard to be sympathetic towards these guys the main reason why this game is not out on the market is most likely because it didn't pass submission regardless of what they try to say about not wanting to release because it was to bad.

They were more than happy to keep on taking in pre-orders days maybe even weeks after they knew a long delay would most likely be the outcome.

The thing that i find most annoying is that i have read in several places already now that we could have already been playing Big Ant cricket14 by now if it was not for AC2013.

They have cricket Australia and ECB licenses on these games which means big ant is most likely going to be unlicensed when the gameplay clearly proves it deserves to be the official licensed ashes game.

Don't mean to bash AC2013 but i have spent $180 on Ashes2009 and IC2010 and feel like i deserve to express my opinion on the poor handling of AC2013

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I have been waiting for this news for the last week or so, honestly is anyone shocked by this. PS Still if they need the time so be it but this must be there last chance with what fans are left and the cricket boards also.:spy

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As usual AC13 team wait 2 days before the deadline (in this case end of July) before announcing the delay. But good on them for owning up and pushing the release out to November than saying it will be out in August.

Is it just me or others also feel that Mike Fegan videos resemble hostage videos where the hostage has been put in front of the camera against his will to make a plea on behalf of his captors :( This whole saga has been pretty sad really and poorly handled to boot.

Last edited:

Mezzair

Club Cricketer
The thing that doesn't make any sense to me is that when the first FAQ video came out, they mentioned the game had gone into submission with Microsoft and Sony. Usually that is a two week process - then the game gets certified before going to manufacture.

I'm wondering if they actually did submit the game like they stated in the video.

Karachi

Associate Captain
As I said earlier in calling for them to do this, I think this is the right move. Any attempt to rush the game through for a release during this Ashes series was never going to make anyone happy.

While ideally they would have just said this back in June - I'm glad they have finally put the product ahead of the financial benefit a UK Ashes series release would achieve.

I very much doubt they can close the gap on Big Ant in any way - especially if they try to change plans about the game in reaction to it - but they at least shouldn't embarrass themselves.

I do feel for Mike having to take the level of personal abuse he does just for having the fortune of being the guy who has to break the news to people.

Very sensible & mature comments on the entire forum. I agree with you all the way.

Btw, Mike Fegan has created new personal Facebook account. He has no friends as of yet (This is true, but you can take it as a joke too).

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll be honest and blunt and try to be as constructive as possible

It feels like the brand has gone downhill since AC2009. IC2010 was ok but not much better. Can't believe the game shipped with totally broken online code

With AC2013, its gone completely downhill. Lack of communication, not showing product properly with bizarre screenshots, unprofessional vine clips, the lies with the release dates, etc. There is serious mismanagement. You guys were not even communicating properly with the retailer's. That affects the whole cricketing brand itself

Probably the only thing positive that has come out of this game is the delay itself. Hope you guys use the time properly and give us a better product

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think their main aim has always been to cash on ashes series, now with one ashes gone they are focusing on next ashes, and all this concern that they don't like their game right now is only because of presence of big ant cricket game. Had ba cricket game not been in the picture, ac13 would have released 21 june with whatever bugs it had, the way they did with ac09 and ic10.

evinthegreat619

School Cricketer
Guys you are missing the main point. This is a strategic move from trickstar as they will study the upcoming game and develop more features than the game to earn profit but it may also be a downfall as you guys said if Big Ant becomes the top notch in sales maybe we should wait for other developers like EA to make a cricket game which would spellbound Big Ant Studios. I am waiting for that special knockout move from EA!!!!!!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Guys you are missing the main point. This is a strategic move from trickstar as they will study the upcoming game and develop more features than the game to earn profit but it may also be a downfall as you guys said if Big Ant becomes the top notch in sales maybe we should wait for other developers like EA to make a cricket game which would spellbound Big Ant Studios. I am waiting for that special knockout move from EA!!!!!!

Are you saying AC13 team would be able to get their hands on BAC14 in September, look at the new features and implement the same within a week so as to hit the shelves by November :rolleyes I don't think so.

Even if they get their hands on BAC14 today, it wouldn't make much of a difference coz it's not "copy and pasting" features from Game A to Game B.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
November is fine. I will just cancel my next gen pre-order with games like black flag, battlefield 4, dead rising 3 etc etc so I can play this..............oh wait, no I won't! R.I.P ashes 13. I shall never know thee. :wave

evinthegreat619

School Cricketer
Are you saying AC13 team would be able to get their hands on BAC14 in September, look at the new features and implement the same within a week so as to hit the shelves by November :rolleyes I don't think so.

Even if they get their hands on BAC14 today, it wouldn't make much of a difference coz it's not "copy and pasting" features from Game A to Game B.

What I meant to say is Ashes Cricket 2013 can improvise their features than Big Ant Cricket seeing the varities of other features available what fans are asking. For example they can create pre shows and aftermatch press conference like NBA 2K13

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Glad they put financial benefit aside over brand image and future cricket games , I am pretty sure they will churn out a decent cricket game with flashy new features.

lol. Oh you! ;)
I think ross said it best when he said that if this game received its pass (or whatever thing it was) from microsoft and sony, it would have been released. It's delayed because it didn't get passed, simple as that. It won't be passed before the end of this series, and therefore they have to will till the aus series to start before releasing. This game isn't being made up to scratch to compete with big ant. If they cared what we thought as customers then they wouldn't have treated us like fools since June.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They have not cared about so many suggestions fans gave them since january like drs, but now since ba cricket got it so they got bothered and started having second look at their game features.

Users who are viewing this thread