Ashes Cricket General Discussion

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I will however mention that no, at this stage we've been unable to track down the underlying cause of that career mode skills issue, but work is still ongoing in to trying to find that out and resolve it.

Happy to know the status. Thanks for the response.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Depends, they are godlike at catching but terrible at stumping.

sorry yes I should have been more specific. I meant their reactions when diving left/right needs toning down

I found I get stumped ok though

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
sorry yes I should have been more specific. I meant their reactions when diving left/right needs toning down

I found I get stumped ok though

Yes you can still get stumped but mainly because it takes the batsman so long to get back into the crease. Possibly they were even made slow at stumping specifically as a counter-balance to this.

Preferably I'd rather see both batsmen and keepers get faster reactions in stumping situations.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Specially when running out. Even though they are close to the stumps they move away and hit the stumps. Bowlers too. This was perfect in DBC14.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yes keeper's Slow Stumping Reaction , Player against AI takes Easy quick Single that cannot possible in Real .

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I think we need to stop taking everything that @WealeyH @Dutch and @Llewelynf say as complete confirmation that something has or hasn't been done. I believe that they mentioned there were other beta testers working on other aspects of the game (or at the very least other beta testers). There may well be things that they aren't aware of or not at liberty to say.

They've been very generous with telling us anything to be honest as they didn't have to put the extra effort in to post what they know on here.

The brutal truth of it all is we'll find out next week....

The guy has a right to feel concerned about the issue, it's probably been ruining career mode for him and he's eager to know some help might be on the way. He's heard zero, despite asking a few times nicely. [EDIT]: It appears Matt has answered rather nicely to him, well done!

That's not exactly "taking everything that the beta guys say as complete confirmation" of anything. He's not saying the beta testers owe him anything at all either. We also need to stop shooting down legitimate concerns. Sure it's only a few days, but it's been months and some glaring issues are still total unknowns.

Still, try to hold me back as I sprint for my controller when the patch drops, as I know for certain that Test Match AI is going to be much better!

Last edited:

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
@Max Walker I wasn't saying he was wrong about asking for the issue. I get the irritation with issues as I have plenty of bugbears of my own.

I was more trying to imply the hope of just because nothing's been said it doesn't mean nothing's been done. :yes

Users who are viewing this thread