Ashes Cricket General Discussion

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's a tricky balance. If you bat first you want to see the AI with the field spread in the last few overs, but if you're chasing then a more aggressive approach would be better. You don't want to have 1 run to get and see the AI with fields that have easy singles.
Agreed. But if you have to chase at a run rate of more than 10-12 in the last 2-3 overs, it would not be wise to keep the field up... maybe i am unable to express myself well enough but i guess when you play the game u will agree to what i am saying...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Agreed. But if you have to chase at a run rate of more than 10-12 in the last 2-3 overs, it would not be wise to keep the field up... maybe i am unable to express myself well enough but i guess when you play the game u will agree to what i am saying...
I get what you're saying. It was a big issue in limited overs matches on DBC 14 and 17 and really frustrated me, but it was largely fixed in the last patch.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I get what you're saying. It was a big issue in limited overs matches on DBC 14 and 17 and really frustrated me, but it was largely fixed in the last patch.
It is certainly not as bad as earlier versions of dbc14 and 17, infact the field placements are more or less fine..will get a better idea once i play more.. i am just saying that in limited over games especially in last few overs, the field should be spread.. in most cases aggresive field is not required for new batsman.. i will try and save some photos and videos to elaborate more in the next few days

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
That is why most sports games are crap online. People will play in the most un-sportsmanlike way they can - if it helps them. This is not strictly an Ashes Cricket Online issue.
But at the same time, The whole point of batting is to play the appropriate shot when it calls for it. You cant just ask for a front foot pull because people are bowling too many bouncers.

I mean seriously, what the actual f. The whole point of cricket is exactly to play the shot according to the ball.

And, more to the point - there IS a front foot pull in the game. (For now.)

Guys , I cannot understand why you treat a simple request like this , circling around one of the most dedicated Online Players like a bunch of School Bullies , slinging insults.

C`mon , we are better than this.

I know his wording was off , calling it a bug , but the Problem still persists.

The Timing Windows on the Lower difficulties becomes too big(easy) for us guys that has played this game since 14 , hence we have to stay on Legend to try and Balance it out. Otherwise massive unrealistic scores become the order of the day.

BUT , the Bouncer/Yorker routine , is unfortunately a reality online , although in our League you sort of try and "coach" it out of the guys , but there is a very fine line when it becomes competitive.

What my personal suggestion would be is :

a: Either move the short ball indicator a few milliseconds earlier to assist in "picking" it up ever so slightly earlier.
b: Alternatively , allow a Setting/Slider that we can enable/disable/adjust for this to be done Online (Would do wonders for our Leagues) , much in the same vein that it can be adjusted Offline

Just my Two Cents , fire away !

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Guys , I cannot understand why you treat a simple request like this , circling around one of the most dedicated Online Players like a bunch of School Bullies , slinging insults.

The Timing Windows on the Lower difficulties becomes too big for us guys that has played this game since 14 , hence we have to stay on Legend to try and Balance it out.

BUT , the Bouncer/Yorker routine , is unfortunately a reality online , although in our League you sort of try and "coach" it out of the guys , but there is a very fine line when it becomes competitive.

a: Either move the short ball indicator a few milliseconds earlier to assist in "picking it up ever so slightly earlier.
b: Alternatively , allow a Setting/Slider that we can enable/disable/adjust for this to be done Online (Would do wonders for our Leagues) , much in the same vein that it can be adjusted Offline

My take is this: if you play online, you either make gentlemen's agreements about that, or you take what you get and deal with it.

Taking what you get, it's up to you to handle what your opponent chucks at you. If that's an exclusive Yorker bouncer mix, if you really can't pick the lengths and play the feet accordingly, you are playing in too tough a difficulty. Take the beating like a man and improve, or go to a lower difficulty.

Asking the game to allow you to premeditate a foot and stick on it is ludicrous - the challenge of cricket is exactly that of picking length, line and speed. What next, asking that timing is also magically fixed so slower balls and effort balls can't catch you out?

If the balance of timing windows is not right - too easy below legend and too difficult on it, that's a different discussion. Same for online sliders.

Coming in calling out non existent bugs, claiming it' killed the online community of a game that hasn't released yet, and challenging anyone pointing out those 2 facts to a 1v1 "bro", is gonna set you up to have the piss ripped out of you.

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer

Guys, chill!!! the only reason why i have mentioned that thing on bug reporting section is, i just didn’t want to create a separate thread for it, as it was just our request and not a bug.. being a hardcore cricket fan, we pretty much know it’s not how cricket is to be played.. Yorkers on back foot and bouncers on front foot is absolutely unrealistic, we pretty much know it.. but the only reason is, almost all the players in the online leagues follow a simple tactic of bowling Yorker-bouncer combo.. in legend mode, you hardly get time to change the footwork as you cannot be able to see the ball length colour prior to the release. So for each and every delivery, you have to premeditate in order to connect the ball.. here you don’t know when your opponent is gonna bowl a bouncer or Yorker.. so for example, by expecting a bouncer if you premeditate in back foot, if suddenly he bowls a Yorker, you will lose the wicket.. likewise if you premeditate in front foot, and if he bowls short deliveries, you cannot connect it.. here what people used to do is, they bowl continuous bouncers / short balls.. so by thinking to save your wicket if you keep on playing in front foot, you cannot be able to connect the ball at all.. so at one stage, when you wanna score, you will try back foot, and suddenly he drop in few Yorkers and you’ll lose the wicket.. of course you can try to judge the bowler’s mind and play, which is what we are doing, but we feel we are playing more of a mind-quiz game than a good cricket.. hence wanted to post a REQUEST (not a bug).. to see the impact of this in action, you may check the following video of a recent online match which was played today between two of our guys..

Hmm, may be why not play a game with any of us or check the online leaderboards in Dbc14 and Dbc17! Cheers!

No one from our group has said this. Sorry.

Not just us! Literally no could judge the length against pacers in online legend mode without premeditation, mainly against the Yorker-bouncer tactics.

Sorry dude. We don’t have any ego to play in lower difficulty. But concerned as the shots (shot timings etc) in the lower difficulty will be very easier.

Seriously, couldn’t control my laugh.. just because of asking for the option of playing pull/hook/cut against the bouncers in front foot in legend mode, you guys think we are some school kids who want an arcadish hit-every-ball-to-six type of gameplay..? lol.. since dbc14, we always..... always.... played in the legend mode.. we are just requesting if anything possible could be added to avoid the premeditation thing.. Thats it. Even if our request gets denied, we are just gonna live with this premeditating-reading bowler’s mind and gambling thing, than switching back to any lower difficulties. Peace!

it's not a bug. you aren't good enough. get better. there IS a front-foot pull in the game anyway.

difference is i know i'm shit.

FYI, I'm not the one who was batting on this video. I'm the bowling opponent :facepalm :p

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
With PC release in December, no academy released this time around, how difficult will it be to create team kits and logos on consoles? I havent created anything on my console for any previous titles, I have always used Academy for creation. What are your views @Llewelynf @blockerdave ? You are more experienced in terms of creation. I know @Llewelynf has the PC version but I think until the PC version is released I do not think many will be able to create as good creation using console or I may be completely wrong.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
With PC release in December, no academy released this time around, how difficult will it be to create team kits and logos on consoles? I havent created anything on my console for any previous titles, I have always used Academy for creation. What are your views @Llewelynf @blockerdave ? You are more experienced in terms of creation. I know @Llewelynf has the PC version but I think until the PC version is released I do not think many will be able to create as good creation using console or I may be completely wrong.

I don't know much about the logos mate. I only ever made very basic shapes. I imagine anything complex would be hard without importing an svg which needs pc[DOUBLEPOST=1510688745][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dave are you and Llewelynf working on retro stuff now?

I made Gooch. I think mainly our current status is we have a plan to have plan...

asheswonder

Club Captain
Well time enough people still waiting for the game, some people don't have much patience in this forum from the looks at posts flying about

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't know much about the logos mate. I only ever made very basic shapes. I imagine anything complex would be hard without importing an svg which needs pc[DOUBLEPOST=1510688745][/DOUBLEPOST]

I made Gooch. I think mainly our current status is we have a plan to have plan...
Exactly my thoughts, since @Llewelynf had PC version, his work as usual was spot on. Without the PC version I do not see much creations coming out just based on Console as its too complex and difficult using console alone.

This means until the PC version comes out many awesome creations apart from LLewelynf's will have to wait. I remember KarolKarol, Munkeymoro if I spelled it right? I am really hoping @rajsvm gets his creation right.

I would suggest @rajsvm to create one player first whenever the PC version is out and get feedback from @blockerdave , @Llewelynf, @SnowyCasanova who have created few things. If they think you have done it correctly you go ahead and create the others using the same method. His faces were accurate but I can take a little off faces for a linked well created players.

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer

The Timing Windows on the Lower difficulties becomes too big(easy) for us guys that has played this game since 14 , hence we have to stay on Legend to try and Balance it out. Otherwise massive unrealistic scores become the order of the day.

a: Either move the short ball indicator a few milliseconds earlier to assist in "picking" it up ever so slightly earlier.

Please don't waste your time. If we have any suggestions or requests, lets just tell the developers. Let them decide what to do, what not to do! no use in talking about the online legend mode to the one who haven't even touched it! it would be utter waste. Good luck for the upcoming South African leagues. Game is pretty good. Lets enjoy and have fun!!!

Last edited:

estmsm

Club Captain
There should be a fast forward option in order to skip the slow paced change of dates in between seasons. It almost takes forever.

Users who are viewing this thread