Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I've played my first innings, batting in a T20. I had three of the stumpings I've been reading about. It doesn't seem like what I'd call a bug, more that by the time the animation for the shot has finished the keeper has whipped the bails off and there's no time to trigger a return to the crease. It feels realistic if a little frustrating mashing O while the batsman looks off into the sunset admiring his form like a golfer. A run out too where the batsman just didn't put his bat down despite having both feet in the crease.

Other than that, my initial reaction to batting is very positive. The shot variety is excellent, finding the gaps is easier. I was planning to go for a smoke at 10 overs and instead batted my entire innings. Now for a bowl.

Will be sorted! They are already tinkering away!

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow, I am loving this game so much! The overlay is very nice, and the stat fix is everything I wanted from DBC17. The only problem I am having so far is the stumping issue, and the fact that the AI doesn't seem to take singles when they hit it out into the deep, resulting in them losing the match. Awesome job everyone !

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Will be sorted! They are already tinkering away!
Wouldn't expect anything else to be honest. It was my first game on day one of the (official) release. I'm not one to throw a fit and say 'GAME IS BROKEN! REFUND ORDERED.'

To my first thoughts on bowling. It definitely feels like the margin for error has been reduced. This is good in my opinion. I'm gonna have to get good.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow, I am loving this game so much! The overlay is very nice, and the stat fix is everything I wanted from DBC17. The only problem I am having so far is the stumping issue, and the fact that the AI doesn't seem to take singles when they hit it out into the deep, resulting in them losing the match. Awesome job everyone !
Is competition/Tours stats updating bro???

saulman55

School Cricketer
Anyone else find the ai build there innings weirdly ? For example first ashes test i had australia on the ropes at 23/3 with anderson sendin the ball round corners. Steve smith was on 5 of of about 15 balls. He then hit 5 fours in a row... then several overs of nothing, then he hit another four or five boundaries in a row again and repeat. It feels like for four or five deliveries the ai are invincible no matter how good or bad im bowling

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Many of the Commentary for player names and team names are missing in Ashes. We use to have lot of names recorded in DBC17 and those are missing now. We cannot create own teams with names like Lions, Devils etc :(
It looks like Slater ddidnt had enough time to record all the player and team names :(

karanmadan

Club Cricketer
had my first shot at the game on easy mode. played a T20 as Australia. Batted first and put 236/7 on the board. England came out with intent. I had them at 55/3 but Thu managed to put up 216/8. I experienced one run out bug and one stumping bug that's been spoken about.

I tried replacing the main teams with the best created and it didn't seem to work. it had a mix of the new team and the default unlicensed team with some key players like Hardik pandya, rohit Sharma missing. anyone have any suggestions on how to get the best team sorted out?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
had my first shot at the game on easy mode. played a T20 as Australia. Batted first and put 236/7 on the board. England came out with intent. I had them at 55/3 but Thu managed to put up 216/8. I experienced one run out bug and one stumping bug that's been spoken about.

I tried replacing the main teams with the best created and it didn't seem to work. it had a mix of the new team and the default unlicensed team with some key players like Hardik pandya, rohit Sharma missing. anyone have any suggestions on how to get the best team sorted out?

Have you checked that the Get Best content you’re trying to download actually exists yet?

karanmadan

Club Cricketer
Have you checked that the Get Best content you’re trying to download actually exists yet?

That may just be it. will probably take a while for people to create and update. either way I'll continue to play as Aus or Eng until it's all sorted out. solid game so far. can't wait to get home and play some more.

Reactions: Pat

adnan333

Club Captain
Wow what a game each ball is enjoyable just need tour and competition stats up date and stump issue fix it thanks big ant

Alberts

International Coach
Wow what a game each ball is enjoyable just need tour and competition stats up date and stump issue fix it thanks big ant

Basically this, having a blast, the game is so much more polished. The single annoying thing for me is players taking their backfoot out of the crease in certain animations (front foot shots and leaves mostly), which can cause issues against the spinners, as well as strange looking animations of them suddenly running back in at other times. Fix that and the game is a solid 8 or 9.

Users who are viewing this thread