Ashes Cricket General Discussion

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
I dunno if you know as a beta tester but does line come into play when determining an edge? Maybe @francobaldo1 does as he's delved into that stuff with his tweaks.

In my mind defending balls wide of off-stump should be very risky when the ball is moving around. At least on higher difficulties.

Edges shouldn't just depend on the line and length of the delivery but also on:

1) Foot movement (LS)
2) Aim of the shot (ie RS)
3) Timing

So, for a ball that's outside off and swinging away, if the LS is moved outside off to cover the swing and also the shot direction is straighter (replicating showing of full face of the bat) the batsman should not edge it. However, for the same scenario, if the timing is early, the probability of edging it should increase. Similarly if the ball holds its line and as a batsman we have over compensated for the swing with our movement of LS (and again timing is early) the probability of getting an inside edge should increase.

Maybe BigAnt can work on this in the future versions of the game as any changes to the current gameplay code would require a lot of testing and since for the current game they have already got the gameplay right, they should (in my humble opinion) just focus on ironing out the bugs instead of changing the gameplay in any way

angad

Chairman of Consent
I had a fantastic day of test cricket. Bowling as Australia v England, pinned them back to 73/4 before Bairstow hit a stunning century, and they finished the day on 280/4. You can feel the pitch get easier, the life going out of the ball, the crowd getting subdued. I think it's the best evening of gaming I had since I shot Paulie in Mafia. Plenty of plays and misses, a few LBW shouts, an aerial sitter dropped. It is exactly the same as the opening day of a test series, I think the only problem is the bat pad being given out when not hit (I restarted the over), and batsmen not taking singles to deep fielders.

What I love about this game is, you get so engrossed in it that time really flies away. Happened to me many times where I have bowled more than 60 overs and not even realized it. In any cricket Game before this, I would get bored of bowling after max 20 overs.

When a cricket game can get you to bowl 60 overs on the trot without realising how the time flew away...there are no words really to describe how wonderful that game is.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What I love about this game is, you get so engrossed in it that time really flies away. Happened to me many times where I have bowled more than 60 overs and not even realized it. In any cricket Game before this, I would get bored of bowling after max 20 overs.

When a cricket game can get you to bowl 60 overs on the trot without realizing how the time flew away...there are no words really to describe how wonderful that game is.

This is the best part of this game. Bowling is so much challenging and fun. I started my first ashes game with batting and bowling @hardest and AI difficulty to legend considering in dbc 17 we can fold AI quickly around 200 runs. Believe me, i got the 1st wicket after England reached 286 with both openers reached 100 and finally, they declared 550/9 with almost 150 overs bowled and I never felt bored WOW!. I love the way AI plays in this game. Full credits to beta testers for their valuable feedback and time.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone got chance to captain their State team or National team or franchise team in their career mode ? What is the earliest age a player is likely to be considered for state or National captaincy. Any idea ?

Silverfox18

School Cricketer
Hey guys

Whoever plays online, is the batting just too easy? All my online games, each ball either goes for 4 or 6 or it's a dot ball. Nothing in between.

We didn't have this in previous versions of the game. Makes it just too casual. Frustrating actually. Any thoughts?

kulch

Club Captain
Has anyone got chance to captain their State team or National team or franchise team in their career mode ? What is the earliest age a player is likely to be considered for state or National captaincy. Any idea ?
On this subject im going to put selection difficulty on easy this time around. No point grinding out domestic matches with a higher average than the captain of Australia and not getting picked. The career is deeper with 3 day matches which is awesome but this also means more time at the crease for your club, state etc so it's time to ramp up the selection speed as long as I'm scoring runs in form I should be considered for national duties after a few seasons, not when I'm 26+

Rathish Kumar

Club Cricketer
This is the best game ever produced but some tweet and improvement needed pls fix the bug asap.
Six hitting is too easy
Stumping issue when spiner bowls
Need more edges carrying to slips and wk to make game more realistic
Al running singles issue
Two player coop more bugs, censored no player name
Back foot shorts like cut, pull , short ball mostly un playable
Even drives had to go in the air to point and cover mid on mid of region if timing is wrong
Al field position changes.
Stats has to be updated correctly
Update these bugs this Game ll be mind Blowing

guna24

Club Captain
Can you guys tell me if you could connect the ball with the bat properly in hardest level. No matter how soon I hit shot, the feedback meter just show as late miss.

Is it a bug or am I missing something.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Can you guys tell me if you could connect the ball with the bat properly in hardest level. No matter how soon I hit shot, the feedback meter just show as late miss.

Is it a bug or am I missing something.

Are you using custom settings?

ashescricketer

Club Cricketer
I just played this Nasveet guy ranked quite highly with no games? he needed 30 off the last 3 balls when suddenly the game quit. also he a custom team with the best players all rated 100 ... i would advise not playing him..although if youre any good you'll win

Attachments

• 20171122_010317.jpg
    20171122_010317.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 31

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, but you have custom batting switched on, right?

There's an issue GK and I have been banging on about since DBC17 where custom settings are way harder than vanilla. They are supposed to match but I'm afraid they clearly don't.

Switch custom batting off and try it. You'll probably hit the ball fine.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the "true" custom settings that match vanilla batting hardest are though.

I've been playing with timing on 65 and everything else on 100, but I would say that's harder than vanilla hardest.

guna24

Club Captain
Yeah, but you have custom batting switched on, right?

There's an issue GK and I have been banging on about since DBC17 where custom settings are way harder than vanilla. They are supposed to match but I'm afraid they clearly don't.

Switch custom batting off and try it. You'll probably hit the ball fine.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the "true" custom settings that match vanilla batting hardest are though.

I've been playing with timing on 65 and everything else on 100, but I would say that's harder than vanilla hardest.
Thanks Dude. Will try it.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My career mode keep shutting down now
I keep getting this error as soon I press Advance in career mode

CE-34878-0

Attachments

• 15113106622861103395146.jpg
    15113106622861103395146.jpg