Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Yea something's out of whack. I think it's because the ball actually travels a lot slower than the stated speed. 130kmh is probably closer to 80 or 90. The pitch is probably the right length so naturally if you bowled at 80 or 90 you're not going to get the same carry through as a true 130kmh.

I think I worked out 130 should take about .5s to travel the length of the pitch. In Ashes Cricket it's probably closer to 1s. That means its probably only travelling at 100kmh. Fix the actual pace of the ball being reflective of reality and you'll probably see more bounce to the keeper naturally.

Last edited:

PotsnPans

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are others getting these stumpings when facing spinners where you leave it and the batsman steps out of the crease after? I could just about stomach the play and misses where the foot drags out of the crease, at least those feel mildly realistic. These ones seems to happen at even greater frequency.

I had that happening too. In the end I just started not pressing anything at all and letting the ball drift through to the keeper. Stopped it from happening.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Yea something's out of whack. I think it's because the ball actually travels a lot slower than the stated speed. 130kmh is probably closer to 80 or 90. The pitch is probably the right length so naturally if you bowled at 80 or 90 you're not going to get the same carry through as a true 130kmh.

I think I worked out 130 should take about .5s to travel the length of the pitch. In DBC it's probably closer to 1s. That means its probably only travelling at 100kmh. Fix the actual pace of the ball being reflective of reality and you'll probably see more bounce to the keeper naturally.
It's irritating... specially when bowl at 140kmh still Bowl takes one extra bounce before reach to keeper...

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Are others getting these stumpings when facing spinners where you leave it and the batsman steps out of the crease after? I could just about stomach the play and misses where the foot drags out of the crease, at least those feel mildly realistic. These ones seems to happen at even greater frequency.
I don't know it is bug or not... but I am happy to see in the game... I always put one step back, before facing the spinners...
If AI regularly/frequently get out on these type of situation, than only BA need to fix this... if not than, let it be in the game... it give realistic feel...

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
It's irritating... specially when bowl at 140kmh still Bowl takes one extra bounce before reach to keeper...
It can be tuned out with modifiers but then the bowlers are bowling 180+ which looks silly as well. The speeds should be scaled with the sliders IMO.

Also, having grade cricketers bowling 140 is a bit silly as well. Perhaps the bowling speed attribute needs to be scaled back as well.

Edit: the last point is a minor annoyance though. I just think it all fits together under the umbrella of balancing a few things in the game for the better

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't know it is bug or not... but I am happy to see in the game... I always put one step back, before facing the spinners...
If AI regularly/frequently get out on these type of situation, than only BA need to fix this... if not than, let it be in the game... it give realistic feel...
It is not remotely realistic or consistent that's the problem.

kulch

Club Captain
I'm not sure why the false pace of the ball has repeated from DBC17. Maybe they can't fix it

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I love the arrogant tosser on here will see[DOUBLEPOST=1515666459][/DOUBLEPOST]Love to 1v1 one someone at cricket would be fun

s0074845

Club Captain
they said it been in the works for three years they are a small company you need to do some reshearch[DOUBLEPOST=1515657691][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not been negative I just really feel they have abounded the game but hopefully I'm wrong
Mate why are you being so negative. They released the game which is more of an improvement from DBC 17. Yes it has its fair share of bugs. They have not said they won't fix it.

They are small company which needs to make revenue to pay salaries to all those developers including its CEO. So just fixing the bugs for just this game is not going to cut it. So they are spending time to develop and rollout other games which can get the more revenue or even sponsors for future titles. So nothing wrong.

Every one including beta testers are certain things will improve once the AO game is released as they might be able to allocate resources to get this game up to a standard

Just let's give them the time to do so. We don't want another rushed up patch which fixes something and then breaking something else.

New Year brings new hope for everyone!

Last edited:

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Mate why are you being so negative. They released the game which is more of an improvement from DBC 17. Yes it has its fair share of bugs. They have not said they won't fix it.

They are small company which needs to make revenue to pay salaries to all those developers including its CEO. So just fixing the bugs for just this game is not going to cut it. So they are spending time to develop and rollout other games which can get the more revenue or even sponsors for future titles. So nothing wrong.

Every one including beta testers are certain things will improve once the AO game is released as they might be able to allocate resources to get this game up to a standard

Just let's give them the time to do so. We don't want another rushes up patch which fixes something and then breaking something else.

Yeh your right I play a lot of the game I go on these forums to get answer and usually do that by click baiting and saying things so hopefully someone will give me detail

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Just let's give them the time to do so. We don't want another rushes up patch which fixes something and then breaking something else.

It's been less than a month since the last patch. Take off maybe two weeks for the Christmas holidays. Then take a weekeends off too. So it's basically been a week since the last patch.

Brought to you by watching too many episodes of Seinfeld.

Users who are viewing this thread