Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Playing against Oman (lowest rated team in my game) as England. Made the worst pitch I could think of: Crumbly, Worn, Soft, Heavy Cracks. Currently they're 48-5 after the powerplay, which seems about right realistically.

It just doesn't make sense to me how different our experience are. When I bowl to good teams on good pitches they make good scores, bad teams on bad pitches make bad scores. If I knew nothing about other people's experiences and someone asked me what I thought of the ODI matches in this game, I'd have said that despite a few irks they are generally pretty good.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Seems like you guys are going to be forced to abandon the AI and play against a human player to get the feel of a "real" match....

So some bloke on the other side of the world with a duff connection can bowl slowly halfway down the pitch ball after ball, and then disconnect before he loses?

Spoobir

K2tBpcu.png

Well there you go. No stupid dismissals either, edges or bowled and one bat-pad only. Will switch and see what happens with England chasing.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing against Oman (lowest rated team in my game) as England. Made the worst pitch I could think of: Crumbly, Worn, Soft, Heavy Cracks. Currently they're 48-5 after the powerplay, which seems about right realistically.

It just doesn't make sense to me how different our experience are. When I bowl to good teams on good pitches they make good scores, bad teams on bad pitches make bad scores. If I knew nothing about other people's experiences and someone asked me what I thought of the ODI matches in this game, I'd have said that despite a few irks they are generally pretty good.

Yeah apart from the lack of AI mentalities which will never stop pissing me off, I've had 400 posted in an ODI, I've had 290 chased down. I've had teams out for 90 and 70. The works all on the same difficulty level. All really good.

Everyone else says they can see AI mentalities at work, but get loads of dodgy dismissals. It's highly strange.

Spoobir

They did indeed struggle. :p

5bDm7rC.png

I thought the LBW decision was a howler (to the point where I nearly didn't even appeal) and obviously the AI didn't review which they should have. But I checked and turned out it was clipping leg stump by half a millimeter. Not sure having more frontline bowlers would have helped considering the ones they had were only 40 rated anyway. :D

Part-Time Jaffa

School Cricketer
I can't get enough of manual fielding, been hammering away at it for the past week and the AI's running between the wickets has improved significantly - They take more singles and aggresive two's. Had my first full manual, direct-hit run out last session, fist pumps were at a large.

Waxx123

School Cricketer
Is there currently a glitch in the game where players eyes show up weird especially Academy players. I think I noticed it quite a bit from downloaded players.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I can't get enough of manual fielding, been hammering away at it for the past week and the AI's running between the wickets has improved significantly - They take more singles and aggresive two's. Had my first full manual, direct-hit run out last session, fist pumps were at a large.

I would love to do manual fielding but I just hate how it ruins the fun of a snick behind for me, that whole slow-mo business just takes the fun out of getting a lovely nick when bowling.

Chris Griffin

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Snake eyes. Seem to be common problem with some downloaded teams.

D

Deleted member 185125

Is there currently a glitch in the game where players eyes show up weird especially Academy players. I think I noticed it quite a bit from downloaded players.
Ps4 pro?[DOUBLEPOST=1516785098][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would love to do manual fielding but I just hate how it ruins the fun of a snick behind for me, that whole slow-mo business just takes the fun out of getting a lovely nick when bowling.
More than catching, the out fielding seems difficulty to get a hold of.

Hester

County Cricketer

I would bet that a good team on that same bad wicket would get a good score too. Seems pitch wear/condition is just visual (although even the visual elements don't show half the time)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would bet that a good team on that same bad wicket would get a good score too. Seems pitch wear/condition is just visual (although even the visual elements don't show half the time)
Usual issue of everyone's downloaded teams have different ratings, everyone's skill level is different etc etc.

Part-Time Jaffa

School Cricketer

Yeah this is true. Gets very annoying too when you clean bowl someone and then the game will go into slow-mo mode while your slipper catches the deflected ball off the stump lol
Would be great to be able to turn off the slow-mo stuff for edges and catching but still have the involvement with manual fielding everywhere else. Feels so rewarding when you cut off a forceful stroke and you have to be a lot more conscious of your throwing. Will stick with it for the fact the AI will turn the strike over more often and it is far more engaging.

Users who are viewing this thread