Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Thieves

Club Captain
You lost me at coke. Should have been a banana milkshake. x
Then you would have to set the beverage sliders at 20 and add a dlc to your meal.[DOUBLEPOST=1517208292][/DOUBLEPOST]
nah I like the movement it is un realistic but I like it the out swing ok but the in swing messed up
Lol true. I mostly bat so it does add to the challenge when the ball swings and turns like crazy. However, once this guy bowled a completely wide ball and it turned worse than a Shane warne delivery... messed up.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
The last few pages further prove EA weren't as bad as people said back in the day, they had distinguished looking tracks that all acted differently

Thieves

Club Captain
Thanks for th
Easy, loads of sports games have a basic and advanced control scheme. It means when your friend comes over (if you have any), you can hand them a controller and say. basically just press this button and we'll have a good time. Instead of having to give them 30 minutes to read through the control scheme, then play an hour of practice matches until they get up to speed. It makes perfect sense, it's just labelled poorly. See NBA 2K, FIFA, etc.

Just a thought, but perhaps it's more for human players? If driving ability is high, then maybe you are less likely to get out when driving as a human? Maybe it applies changes to the batting attributes when you play certain shots that the batsman is strong/weak with?

There is no Ashes in 2018, so there will not a be a game called Ashes 2018... There may be a game called BA Cricket 2018 or some such, but there is no Ashes licence to purchase until 2019 which is now 18 months away and the perfect amount of time for BA to work on another iteration and charge us all $99 for a few new mo-caps, face scans and minor upgrades.
thanks for the clarity. I don't take anything away from bigant. I think they've done a good job.

It would be nice to c them improve more on each title. I mean let's face it, for a ps4 game the graphics seem like a ps2 at times.

Unfortunately I see myself wasting money on every iteration of a cricket game that they ever make. I'm just hoping the ps4 sticks around for longer and that the ps5 isn't released anytime soon. Just got my ps4 pro last year and paid a hell of alot for it

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
The last few pages further prove EA weren't as bad as people said back in the day, they had distinguished looking tracks that all acted differently

Cricket is such a complex game, I'm not sure there is another game with so many variables that affect play. Throw in to that the sheer array of human interactions and it's no wonder no one has managed to crack a really good digital representation of the sport. The problem is, unlike football, baseball, ice hockey, etc, you can not strip out elements of the game and focus on the basics. I mean you can, but you'll only get half the experience.

In hockey, ice is ice and in football grass is grass. Yes there are some nuances beyond that that effect elements of gameplay, but as a whole, you can still have a reasonable simulation of the sport without modelling in changes to the playing surface. In cricket, the playing surface IS part of the game.

On the other hand, you have golf, where the playing surface has a huge impact on the game, however the ball remains identical throughout. So you model in some more detailed surface conditions, but the ball will always interact with them the same. In cricket, the condition of the ball IS part of the game.

You simply couldn't make an engaging cricket game without different surface conditions and evolving ball conditions. Even in it's simplest form (T20), the pitch will be different game to game, but also over to over. The ball is constantly changing over the course of 20 overs.

This is just 2 basic elements of the game. Factor in wind, humidity, dew point, seem position, bowler height, ball trajectory, ball velocity, batsman stance, batsman mentality, batsman strength, bat size, bat velocity, position of ball on bat, etc. it really is the quantum physics of sports simulation with each element interacting with each other element in a way not a lot of lay people understand.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You have obviously never played hockey. The ice changes throughout the period as snow builds up. It affects the movement of the puck a great deal. This is why the zamboni comes out between periods to clean it away. Also some rinks have harder ice than others which affects the speed of the game, stamina of players etc. There are many similar examples for football. Any time you play on an organic surface it has the potential for variables that will have an effect on play, in any sport.

Victoria50

School Cricketer
The ramp shot or scoop doesn’t go over the keepers head anymore hope it gets fixed
Gameplay needs to fixed and same with the catching
The academy should have more facial features eg have wrinkles or more skin tones to make faces realistic
To make players like brad Hogg and bravo are hard until it improves

bigmuzz

School Cricketer
hi everyone, sorry if this has been posted before but I'm a complete rookie here looking for some help please.
got this game a few days ago on PS4 and I can't for the life of me work out how people change their batting controls or how you get that mini map in the top right hand corner!?!?!
I'm struggling at the moment using dual sticks and L1/L2/R1/R2 for batting, how do you change it to 1 stick only & X/O/Square/Triangle buttons?!?
and how do I get the fielding map in top corner?
ARGH, can anyone help me at all please?!

D

Dutch

hi everyone, sorry if this has been posted before but I'm a complete rookie here looking for some help please.
got this game a few days ago on PS4 and I can't for the life of me work out how people change their batting controls or how you get that mini map in the top right hand corner!?!?!
I'm struggling at the moment using dual sticks and L1/L2/R1/R2 for batting, how do you change it to 1 stick only & X/O/Square/Triangle buttons?!?
General settings in the main menu...

Thieves

Club Captain
Firstly you need to update the game. I don't think the fielding map is available unless you get the latest version.

Secondly go to settings and change batting controls from standard to classic. This means that only your analogs will be in use.

Thirdly go to academy and select the get best option. Change everything to yes (you will need to change stats to yes as well) when asked. Afterwards yoy will have all the updated teams.

Next step is to mess around with the cameras. I prefer broadcast 1 for fielding and running. Batting camera on batting far or on fixed close. If you choose fixed close then make sure to invert your batting. If it's on batting far then you should keep it disabled.

Hope this helps.

bigmuzz

School Cricketer
General settings in the main menu...
cheers but General settings in my main menu have nothing at all relating to changing batting controls or adding a fielding map.
I think its because I need to update my game to get those.

Firstly you need to update the game. I don't think the fielding map is available unless you get the latest version.

Secondly go to settings and change batting controls from standard to classic. This means that only your analogs will be in use.

Thirdly go to academy and select the get best option. Change everything to yes (you will need to change stats to yes as well) when asked. Afterwards yoy will have all the updated teams.

Next step is to mess around with the cameras. I prefer broadcast 1 for fielding and running. Batting camera on batting far or on fixed close. If you choose fixed close then make sure to invert your batting. If it's on batting far then you should keep it disabled.

Hope this helps.
cheers for the reply, yeah there is nothing at all relating to changing batting controls from analog to classic in any of my settings tabs. I haven't had a chance to connect it to wifi and update it yet, I will get a chance later this week so hopefully these will pop up once I am done? (very crap internet in my area, takes foreverrr)

I've worked out all my preferred batting and bowling cameras, just wish I could work out the bloody controls! lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thieves

Club Captain
cheers but General settings in my main menu have nothing at all relating to changing batting controls or adding a fielding map.
I think its because I need to update my game to get those.

cheers for the reply, yeah there is nothing at all relating to changing batting controls from analog to classic in any of my settings tabs. I haven't had a chance to connect it to wifi and update it yet, I will get a chance later this week so hopefully these will pop up once I am done? (very crap internet in my area, takes foreverrr)

I've worked out all my preferred batting and bowling cameras, just wish I could work out the bloody controls! lol :)
It will definately work when you update the game. Internet is damn expensive in my country lol. Let me know if you are still having trouble after the update. Enjoy.[DOUBLEPOST=1517227948][/DOUBLEPOST]O
In the next patch Can we put the fielders
Where we want so I don't have the bowlers in the slips[/QUOTE

Only bigant will know the answer to that.

andrew36

School Cricketer
OK its hard to catch with bowlers
Can they fixed the ball from get old after 20 overs or can anyone tell me how stop it from happening

bigmuzz

School Cricketer
It will definately work when you update the game. Internet is damn expensive in my country lol. Let me know if you are still having trouble after the update. Enjoy.[DOUBLEPOST=1517227948][/DOUBLEPOST]O
cheers for all the info, I checked and the download wasn't as big a file as I thought it was gonna be so I hotspotted thru my phone. sacrificed some phone data but well worth it, all the settings work now! :)
now I can bat a bit easier hopefully my all-rounder can finally turn into a proper all-rounder! haha

Users who are viewing this thread