Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Telling how you can "engage" and drum up interest in your next titles :

DBC17 : 64 Posts BEFORE it releases and then only 4....

Ashes Cricket : 47 Posts BEFORE launch...... and 6 after launch.

Now THATS "interesting" , and surely shows a "trend"

So BA use the Forums to get potential momentum and Customers for a new title , and then bugger off once launched.

And the people on here to be engaged represents what % of buyers of them game? probably less than 1%... just saying --- though shalt also have to factor in BA's own forum AND facebook AND twitter....

Kass D

County Cricketer
And the people on here to be engaged represents what % of buyers of them game? probably less than 1%... just saying --- though shalt also have to factor in BA's own forum AND facebook AND twitter....
Its not only the number of games sold among members. PC members are hard core. We influence others to buy the game as well. I personaly got 6 or 7 people to buy the game. Then i sold my copy for $60 yeaterdy hahaha

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its not only the number of games sold among members. PC members are hard core. We influence others to buy the game as well. I personaly got 6 or 7 people to buy the game. Then i sold my copy for $60 yeaterdy hahaha

I wouldn't get too hung up on the pc gamers being a draw for big ant. I appreciate they are the most dedicated fanbase (probably). But one this BA have consistently been clear about is that the consoles are their target market. An even smaller % of console users probably on here

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I guess we are a small proportion of sales and certainly low hanging fruit but I would say certainly the fanatics boost sales whether that's actively encouraging our friends to buy or more likely just through boosting the reach of their marketing through retweets, shares, comments and likes etc. that take things into others timelines.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And the people on here to be engaged represents what % of buyers of them game? probably less than 1%...

The total silence on the BA forums as well tells me that it has nothing to do with a measured response to potential customers on this site. It is a failure to interact with the community post-release on any medium.

https://forum.bigant.com/forum-26.html

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i didn't make many players in dbc17 as i used the crossover with dbc14.

having used the player editor more in ashes, i can say the hair choices are dog shite. absurd that there were more choices in 14.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
For only my 2nd time ever tonight, I saw a dismissal off a defensive shot. Guy plonks down his bat on the line of off stump, ball finds the edge and gets taken at slip.

So it can happen!!

I'll get the video up when I can.

Apologies, please carry on with the patch/no patch discussion again now :)

As promised, 2 videos of AI bats getting out off defensive shots. Only 2 I've seen.

Apologies for breaking up the conversation about BA, please resume normal service again! :)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43 first one is particularly nice. shame this stuff can't be more prevalent.

Exactly this. I can generally make peace with some of the more annoying stuff about this game. I understand everyone has a different line in the sand, but I'm ok with a lot of the stuff. If I could just get more wickets from defensive shots I'd be a happier camper, instead of a moderately tolerating one.

Mondy

Club Captain
They (Big Ant) promised a patch for AO Tennis this week and, as yet, haven’t delivered. So if they’re struggling to meet that commitment we may not see an Ashes patch for months, if at all.

Dean johnes

Club Captain
They (Big Ant) promised a patch for AO Tennis this week and, as yet, haven’t delivered. So if they’re struggling to meet that commitment we may not see an Ashes patch for months, if at all.
The patch was ready but suddenly they have to patch the patch again so it's getting delayed I feel

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
And with that.... I'll be away from here for now. Not that i post much but it's just too much of a downer reading all the random made up thoughts. As Matt said before I can understand why BA staff don't post after going through this thread and many others. They could say everything under the sun and it wouldn't change a thing in many peoples minds. Just seems people only come on here to moan over and over. :wave

Alberts

International Coach
well if that is true (I don't know?) then these sorts of activities would have to increase sales by the 1000's or more like 10,000's for any developer to take notice surely?

There are developers who have crack 1 million sales who have credited this happened wholly to such platforms. It has a huge impact in many cases.

Users who are viewing this thread