Ashes Cricket General Discussion

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It’s the consistent way they are written... ensure/do this/do that/ surely it easy to.

Things will be tweaked. Stuff won’t be added.

I can’t repeat this any more than I have. At the moment attributes are working, It seems as if people choose just to ignore it.
It's a fair position to feel frustration but It's also important to realize that English isn't everyone's first language. For a global game like cricket, that's important to keep in mind. Sometimes the tone can be a bit sarcastic from both ends.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Yeah its a real controller breaker!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1520442807][/DOUBLEPOST]
I will give this a try later: I have a slightly higher ball speed but not way up there like some of you have. Will post a vid tonight If I get time: first real life!

If you have slightly higher (or much higher) ball speed, then does it still display unrealistic speeds ie, 169km/h, 172km/h etc? As this is something that's been stopping some of us adjusting the speed up or down as it just grates so much.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The issue i have and maybe it’s a trait of these kind of forums.

I have a lot of time for people who put a point across, suggest a tweak and discuss’s it.

Then there is a load of people, who say nothing, rock up and just state what they want. Add this. Do this. Ensure this etc.

The game will never have everything that everyone wants. Impossible.

But so far, just talking gameplay, we already have:

Better AI fields

Far Far FAR reduced last ball smash.

Mentalities that are now so noticeable and have an impact on the game.

Attributes that work

Pitch Wear back in the game and pitches changing in the way they act over the course of a match.

Better AI pacing...

It’s going ok...

Let’s face it, they could easily not patch it.

Wouldn’t be the first company to just leave it.

What do you mean by better AI fields. As in they change less often or existing fields used more smartly or new fields being used.?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Is there any chance they can make saving after each ball optional,find it very irritating and unnecessary.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If you have slightly higher (or much higher) ball speed, then does it still display unrealistic speeds ie, 169km/h, 172km/h etc? As this is something that's been stopping some of us adjusting the speed up or down as it just grates so much.
Just change it to the one you understand the least. If I've got it on kph I'm less likely to give a shit cause it's too much effort to convert it in my head. Although I only adjust the Minimum bowling speed.

andrew36

School Cricketer
Can the beta testers tell us what they have improved in the game play and what other features could be in the game
The beta testers are doing a good job
Just wondering will the academy get updated and improvements

gideon_swrd

Club Captain

I have a lot of time for people who put a point across, suggest a tweak and discuss’s it.

Then there is a load of people, who say nothing, rock up and just state what they want. Add this. Do this. Ensure this etc.

Better AI fields

Attributes that work

Pitch Wear back in the game and pitches changing in the way they act over the course of a match.

Better AI pacing...

It’s going ok...

Sounds like they should just release it - this is awesome! :-) What's left to work on? Anyway, totally understand to not rush this given the progress the beta team is making.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Better AI fields

Attributes that work

Better AI pacing...

It’s going ok...

Dear All,

The above fixes looks great and good enough to make it a release , if we try fixing anything on top of this then it might break existing also.

I am eagerly waiting for the current beta build to be rolled out as an official update to PC, PS4 and Xbox .

Once again Thank You @MattW @BigAntStudios and all Beta Testers.[DOUBLEPOST=1520487795][/DOUBLEPOST]As weekend is near it would be great if get it this week itself.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Dear All,

The above fixes looks great and good enough to make it a release , if we try fixing anything on top of this then it might break existing also.

I am eagerly waiting for the current beta build to be rolled out as an official update to PC, PS4 and Xbox .

Once again Thank You @MattW @BigAntStudios and all Beta Testers.[DOUBLEPOST=1520487795][/DOUBLEPOST]As weekend is near it would be great if get it this week itself.
That's right.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Well for me if the AI feild placements issue and AI shorter format batting approach is not sorted out. They just have to do that before patch release. Thats like core gameplay

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dear All,

Yeah I agree. If we have attributes mattering and pitches mattering, then get something out... And please keep a copy in case things go wrong again.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well for me if the AI feild placements issue and AI shorter format batting approach is not sorted out. They just have to do that before patch release. Thats like core gameplay

Wealey H mentioned better AI Field placements.

My point was assuming there will be another patches coming up in future, till then we can live with this patch. We cannot expect everything at one go :)

Users who are viewing this thread