Ashes Cricket General Discussion

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
1. How is six hitting? Is it balanced? Six hitting is far more balanced and much tougher to get it directly over the rope. Flat sixes are a treat to watch. Consequently, a lot more outfield catches too! This is a brilliant improvement!
2. How are AI Field placements in latest build especially in odi and t20? Much better than earlier but is still being worked upon to get them perfectly right.
3. Does ball still go through the bat frequently? None that I have been encountering recently.
4. What about the straight drive wrong animation issue? I haven't been experiencing this after the recent builds. Other beta testers can also comment on this.
5. Does backfoot cut still go to mid off? Only if mistimed. If the timing is decent, always goes to the point region.
That sounds freaking awesome.
One more thing.. have the beta guys been testing career mode... what about the career mode issue wherein Career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rated from 50+ rated after getting selected for english county or aus domestic.. any inputs would be gold

D

Dutch

That sounds freaking awesome.
One more thing.. have the beta guys been testing career mode... what about the career mode issue wherein Career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rated from 50+ rated after getting selected for english county or aus domestic.. any inputs would be gold
It has been noted, not fixed yet as far as I am aware.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@Dutch In the next match you play could you show us playing the ball to third man, both standard shot and slog shot?

Kass D

County Cricketer
Is it just me or dutch sounds like rose day by day.. oh i forget am also in hes ignore list. Jokes aside, fantastic testing and feedback i must say

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
!
2. How are AI Field placements in latest build especially in odi and t20? Much better than earlier but is still being worked upon to get them perfectly right.

yeah in Dutch’s last video when batting to spinner, AI was using field with 3 slips and a gulley!

Kass D

County Cricketer
I know this is a complex issue but i dont think its bit realistic if they have fields of 3 deep and 2 close attacking 90% of the time for spinners in test matches . Kinda in and out field's if you know what i mean

Kass D

County Cricketer
I know this is a complex issue but i dont think its bit realistic if they have fields of 3 deep and 2 close attacking 90% of the time for spinners in test matches . Kinda in and out field's if you know what i mean

For a example
If the AI bowler a right arm offie and the batsmen is a left hander
If the AI bowler comes over the wicket

2 close attacking will be
1st slip
Short leg

3 out fielders will be
Long off
Long leg
Deep cover

4 30yards will be
Short 3rd man
Square leg
Mid on
Cover

With this fields your attacking and blockading the boundaries as well. Its very realistic, but if the human player like to play the waiting game and bank on ball not spinning, can make few runs as well.

Last edited:

sajeednp

Club Captain
@Dutch
I tested this again today and its working. We are missing one option and it caused confusion.
@sajeednp @Thieves @Mohammed Sherry @Mayhem Fiasco @Xboxer
In the settings under controller settings we need to enable "VS Invert Batting" option. And once the game starts both players from their settings need to enable invert batting.
This worked for me for both standard and classic controls when playing on the same side in broadcast mode.
@sonimrajk are you talking about beta or current version as its not working for me

I am on PS4..

Last edited:

Mayhem Fiasco

School Cricketer
@Dutch
I tested this again today and its working. We are missing one option and it caused confusion.
@sajeednp @Thieves @Mohammed Sherry @Mayhem Fiasco @Xboxer
In the settings under controller settings we need to enable "VS Invert Batting" option. And once the game starts both players from their settings need to enable invert batting.
This worked for me for both standard and classic controls when playing on the same side in broadcast mode.

Just tried this and found no change at all, still having the same issue - incorrect inversion (as per what's displaying on the fielding radar) playing local co-op on the same team. Which is expected given that "VS" invert batting should only affect Versus, not co-operative?

I'm on xbox one, are you on console or PC?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Just tried this and found no change at all, still having the same issue - incorrect inversion (as per what's displaying on the fielding radar) playing local co-op on the same team. Which is expected given that "VS" invert batting should only affect Versus, not co-operative?

I'm on xbox one, are you on console or PC?
I m also on xbox one and it worked for me. Let me try again today and will upload video if it works again.

sajeednp

Club Captain
Now I am getting error message when dowloading teams as 'unable to download logo. Custom logo database is full'.. i have huge space on ps4 then why this message??

Users who are viewing this thread