Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A couple of questions for the Beta testers...

All of the updates I have seen seem to be related to game mechanic issues, and that is great. Fixes are badly needed. However I have seen no mention of issues with graphics.

Are you assigned what to test, or do you just play what you want and report what you find? I ask that because the female models didn't seem to be tested the first time around (LINK). Have issues like the one in the link been addressed at all?

Also smaller "lack of attention to detail" issues, like errant decals on gloves and pads of unlicensed male teams, has that been addressed? I am sure Llewellynf is quite familiar with those from his custom team experience.

I want game mechanics fixes as much as anyone here, but the little issues with graphics that should have been seen and fixed the first time around are what really frustrates me. It makes the female side of the game, a big selling point in upgrading from DBC14, quite terrible.

D

Dutch

Has someone left a '0' off the target run rate for the death overs? Set to 1 instead of 10.
Yeah it is weird: up to and including the sixteenth they are fine: it was a good match: I had some control with spin, picking up a few wickets and keeping the runrate down.....in the sixteenth they smash the pace bowler about and pick up 18 or so off the over....game on.....42 off 24....game on.......and then two test match type overs....and then 15 off the last one including the near six........its very very nearly there.....just that last little speed bump.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
I have 2 questions:

1. Is there any way to avoid the stutter? I have tried both with v-sync enabled and disabled. (My GPU is GTX 1070ti)
2. Game crashes during interactive replay when the HUD is locked on the wicket keeper. Is this a known bug or is it because I am doing something wrong?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah it is weird: up to and including the sixteenth they are fine: it was a good match: I had some control with spin, picking up a few wickets and keeping the runrate down.....in the sixteenth they smash the pace bowler about and pick up 18 or so off the over....game on.....42 off 24....game on.......and then two test match type overs....and then 15 off the last one including the near six........its very very nearly there.....just that last little speed bump.
In all seriousness, and without making huge assumptions or having any knowledge of making games, I can't help but feel it must be something simple like a bit of errant coding. Like on the last game, almost without fail, in the 25th over of an ODI the AI would go ballistic but only that over. You can see quite obvious changes in how the AI bats in ODI, slowing down considerably in my experience after the powerplay - I guess they ramp things up towards the end but I can't remember them lasting longer than 40 overs against me.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
In all seriousness, and without making huge assumptions or having any knowledge of making games, I can't help but feel it must be something simple like a bit of errant coding. Like on the last game, almost without fail, in the 25th over of an ODI the AI would go ballistic but only that over. You can see quite obvious changes in how the AI bats in ODI, slowing down considerably in my experience after the powerplay - I guess they ramp things up towards the end but I can't remember them lasting longer than 40 overs against me.

I have seen something similar happen in Ashes, where randomly in the middle overs of an ODI they will suddenly hit 30 runs off an over.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer

@Dutch Same problem was faced in Childshthings cricket game but CEO Mr Chris Child Solve the AI Chasing And share his logic for Last over for One day ... "If AI require more than 3 runs per ball then AI will go for huge hitting 4 or 6 , Same repeated to next ball"

D

Dutch

@Dutch Same problem was faced in Childshthings cricket game but CEO Mr Chris Child Solve the AI Chasing And share his logic for Last over for One day ... "If AI require more than 3 runs per ball then AI will go for huge hitting 4 or 6 , Same repeated to next ball"
And that for only 22 euro’s each year.....sorry I find Cricket Captain the most expensive roster update in gaming history....but I get your point.....

D

Deleted member 185125

@Dutch Any feedback on batting animations? ( Cut shots, prod shots etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
And that for only 22 euro’s each year.....sorry I find Cricket Captain the most expensive roster update in gaming history....but I get your point.....

I am regular Buyer of CC :) hope But Details of Stats and ranking system , career mode of Cricket Captain series to be replicate in future Ashes series

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Have a strange find on this night match stutter lag issue.

If u remove the floodlights from the ground,
And play late night games , the stutter is no more there.
Without the floodlights also there's plenty of light to play the night games , very strange and must b looked at.
The above all is Cheked on PS4 pro

Here`s hoping that they can now nail this one , knowing that the Floodlights causes the Nightime stutter...

Kass D

County Cricketer
I dont know if some one have already asked this but cant BA change the DRS rule where if its the umpires call challenging team dont lose the review. Not as important as fixing the AI playing test cricket at the end of a T 20 but it would be nice if its added as well

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I dont know if some one have already asked this but cant BA change the DRS rule where if its the umpires call challenging team dont lose the review. Not a game as important as fixing the AI playing test cricket at the end of a T 20 but it would be nice if its added as well
This is an option if you created a new MATCH TYPE, but you cannot edit the MATCH TYPES already in the game ;(

Users who are viewing this thread