Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thinking about other games, how nowadays they will often have tutorials built into the first level or mission. It'll tell you the control to aim and shoot or run and jump and then you'll have a little element of that level where you are required to practice that. You could have a tutorial match, maybe just a 5 over game where it gradually introduces you to each control elements of batting, bowling and fielding. Maybe it could be a little contrived so that you lose at least one wicket as does the AI so that you can show off everything.

I think for people that are new to the game that would be more engaging than going into the nets or practice.

Yeah - I agree. There were definitely bits of that in DBC (I think?) but something that forces at least the basics and covers off the key terminology. Give a man a fish, etc.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I think they have to make clearer choices in how they cater for different expectations and experiences: at the mo it feels as If they are caught in a no mans land between wanting to remain innovative but then adding stuff like radars and button pressing and pitchmarkers like games of old. I do think a lot more could be done indeed to guide people step by step to master the controls: I have always felt that commentators are heavily underused in this regard......I would much rather hear the commentator telling me that I need to play forward to a full ball or why my shot choice wasnt ideal for that ball etcetera......and then perhaps have graphics lighting up the appropriate control movements. Tutorials would help in this regard as well and in my mind shouldnt be that hard to implement?

Yeah it could be done with commentary (although that's complex because it relies on the code knowing exactly what the right thing to do in any situation is, and why the wrong options are the wrong options. And those things are not always crystal clear, so you might end up teaching the wrong lessons.
But certainly the commentary could EASILY fix the biggest problem: people not knowing what a good score is, match situational awareness, whether they should be taking it easy or taking risks etc. That would be so easy to implement and I've now been saying it for 5 or 6 years.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah it could be done with commentary (although that's complex because it relies on the code knowing exactly what the right thing to do in any situation is, and why the wrong options are the wrong options. And those things are not always crystal clear, so you might end up teaching the wrong lessons.
But certainly the commentary could EASILY fix the biggest problem: people not knowing what a good score is, match situational awareness, whether they should be taking it easy or taking risks etc. That would be so easy to implement and I've now been saying it for 5 or 6 years.
I would love to have commentary specifically tailored to include tips and hints. Basically that is what a lot of TV commentary is nowadays, analysis of technique. There's so much time to fill in matches that I just think trying to create something realistic and not painfully repetitive would require putting people in studios for days.

I was playing with the comms off and listening to TMS the other night and it was just as good, cause they constantly go off on tangents. So instead make commentary as useful as possible. Have each commentator chip in on an area of the game: batting, bowling, fielding and match situation. Listening to TMS, it would be awesome to have someone chipping in to highlight any records, like when a high score is passed - more complex but a nice touch.

Unfortunately I don't know if commentary is good enough at the moment, in terms of accuracy. You might get incorrect information.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Be able to leave spinners without being stumped half the time. I know this has been mentioned by why the heck would they take the backfoot leave out from DBC 17. Is it some kind of company policy to regress after each title? Jest aside, I'm loving the bowling. Batting needs a lot of work. At this point, I've given up on career mode and asking for aesthetic changes as they seem to be falling on deaf ears.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would like to see a little attention paid to the women's side of the game. The graphic issues are horrible. Some hair styles clipping fully through hats, bad clipping of shirt and pants when leaning over (only on female models, not male), multi-colored shirt patterns are all messed up when wearing a jumper. And that is just to name a few.

They either didn't really test the women's game, didn't listen to the testers or weren't really bothered. Or so it seems from the outside.
I haven't played with the women's side much but, if this is true, it's a shame.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I haven't played with the women's side much but, if this is true, it's a shame.

Unfortunately it is...

Hair clipping through hat.

Uniform clipping present on female models, but not male.

Multi colored top, with and without jumper.

So either they saw these issues and decided that it was acceptable, or they just never saw it. I can't decide which I think is worse.

virtuosovidit

School Cricketer
A few suggestion for the future upgrades:

1. The Stadium Creator needs more customisation options:
  1. The option to add grass patches for the crowd to sit and watch the game.
  2. More roof and architecture options for the stands. The current ones are very limited.
  3. Ability to have the classical (non-digital) ad boards for certain stands.
  4. There's no media-box option either. This hampers the creation of stadiums where there's a prominent media box (Lord's Cricket Ground for example)
  5. The Pavilion options are a joke at the moment. There height's too small to be of any use in any condition. Pavilions in my opinion need to be much more customisable than that. Possibly have the option of stacking them over the stands.
  6. I don't know if it's possible to make a simple enough version of this, but I'd like to have a 3D editor where I can create 3D Structures of custom architecture to insert inside the stadium. For example, the pavilions at the Oval Cricket ground, or Lord's or Old Trafford. (I know it's asking a bit too much, but then who imagined we'd have a stadium creation tool in the first place!)
  7. The position of the Pavilions and dug outs (there needs to be an option to place them too!) should determine where the batsmen come from or go in the game.
  8. Sight Screens should be more elaborate than what they're right now. I find it hard to envision any stadium having the kind of sight screen that the stadium creator provides.
  9. Boundary ropes should be customisable too. Cricket Australia ropes in a game being played in India? Seriously!?
2. Custom Stadiums don't get the same treatment as the in-game options:
  1. The game doesn't zoom in to the scoreboard when paused, while playing a custom stadium.
  2. The stadium lights don't respond properly to the time of the day. They're either off, or on in full capacity, and they don't turn on in overcast conditions either.
3. The umpire creator is weird.
  1. It's pretty much like the player creator but It lacks basic options like the option to add sunglasses for an umpire.
  2. Umpires can't pick between a hat or cap either.
4. Gameplay:
  1. Sometimes I'd play a square cut and the edge would fly off to the covers. It should either go to the back of the batsman or to his right.
  2. Back foot batting seems restricted to balls that bounce to a certain minimum height. While that's true for a lot of circumstances, you can, and a lot of batsmen do hit the ball of the back foot at much lower bounce.
5. The Weather customisation option should be changed to a Season customisation:
  1. Weather is a good indicator of the match's current temperature and can dictate if the batsmen wear full sleeves or not, but Weather isn't an indicator of at what time the sun would set. The lights coming on at 6:30 or even 7:00 feel unnatural in a lot of conditions. But if one were to pick a certain season (say winters) it'd be a definitive indicator that the weather is going to be colder than usual and the sunset would be 5:30-ish, with the lights coming on much earlier.
  2. Time of the year / seasons can also determine if its more or less likely to rain.
6. Rain Delays should be shown with the covers coming on to the field and the players running for the pavilion instead of walking.

aspink3

Club Cricketer
Being able to play as one player outside of career mode (and ashes)

Thanks to career mode, I now have little desire to play other games modes using the full team. That said, I still want to make use of the other modes - world cups, test tours etc. I'd love the ability to do this in the career mode style by having the option to just use one player.

Hopefully this isn't too difficult to add in!

Pat

International Coach
I had put this up as feedback for DBC17 but I would like to request one quite major improvement that can be done in Career mode (maybe for next iteration). It is to do with the long loading times. It just takes too long to get to action (out in the centre) from the menus and the time it takes for loading is just way, way too long. Here is my quote from DBC17 days -

Don't know about PC, but on PS4 this is especially frustrating in Career Mode. Imagine you get out batting very cheaply, then you simulate the game and then starts the long wait times, it starts with "Loading Academy data.." and then few seconds later, "Loading Career Save File.." - it takes good 60 seconds or more from match completion to get through all those loading screens and then a screen that tells you your achievement and another to increase your skills and then you simulate to next match.

One suggestion I have is to give an option to directly simulate till the next match if the user wants. So in the above example, if I get out while batting and I wan't to play my next match, there should be an option / button which says "Simulate to next match", which will simulate the current match till it's completion and then directly load the next game. I feel this will improve the user experience while playing Career mode significantly!

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I've just seen AO Tennis player creator on YouTube, @BigAntStudios can add AOT hairstyles in Ashes Cricket academy too.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Suggestions for improvements:

1. Fix the batting bug (raised already) where the ball hits the bottom edge of the bat on a cut shot and goes 90 deg to square leg. Happens a lot esp against spinners
2. All us to download shoes. The default ones are ugly as hell.
3. Please fix the stumping bug - if you leave a shot against a spinner, your batsman will actually walk out of his crease. If you hit cancel run, he will HOP back into the crease by which time he's been stumped. Infuriating as hell. I would suggest that the animation be one where you step forward, shoulder arms, THEN ROCK BACK ON TO YOUR BACK FOOT. Thats how real batsmen do it.
4. You need to create a diff animation for ducking a bouncer. I tried ducking a bouncer with the default animation but the ball hit my bat which was behind my head and my batsman just stood there. You can't use the leave animation for a duck animation.
5. I noticed that on replays you can actually see cracks in the pitch..but from first person or behind the batsman view, its invisible.
6. When i select the invisible WK, it should only be invisible when right behind the stumps. It looks silly when facing a fast bowler to see the slip cordon and a translucent WK. This wasn't the case in DB14/17 I'm sure.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
6. When i select the invisible WK, it should only be invisible when right behind the stumps. It looks silly when facing a fast bowler to see the slip cordon and a translucent WK. This wasn't the case in DB14/17 I'm sure.

This one really bothers me in Career mode. I know it was not like that in DBC 14 (I skipped 17). Just another example of the lack of attention to detail that is unfortunately very prevalent in this title. It is sad because when it is good, it is the best of the cricket game I have played. Just so many little things that were obvious but ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread