Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

akash s

School Cricketer
First up all it is to mention that The games is fantastic and brilliant for Cricket lover. It has all types of shots and Great game play and deep career mode.

Few suggestions for next patch -----

1. Outside fielders should be at boundary line so that single can be taken easily
2. Rain is coming on bright sunny day. This may be fixed.
3. Sometimes Keeper positioning is going wired.(In front of Stumps/ Facing Backwards )
4.Academy getting hanged sometimes
5. Frame issue
6. Square cut shoot needs to be improved.
7. AI team selection needs to be revamped.
8. More commentary names.
9.Cancelling the run and extra time to return for coming back to crease needs to be checked
10. AI field setting needs to be strengthened as it keeps fielders inside even after hitting lots of run in l lots of overs
11. Career Player we can introduce a column to count 'Man Of the Matches' / 'Man Of the Series'
12. Shot force/power needs to be fixed like every shot goes four or six
13. Pitches behavior needs improvement like pitches grassy needs to seam more and dry needs to spin more

Thanks Big ANT Team for giving us such a great game.

Last edited:

runner4life

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Biggie for me is the ball through the bat.

Clipping will forever exist in games. Yes.

But just a little less would be stellar

Gamerboy2723

School Cricketer
Before the new patch i would like to see the academy used and accessible like how it was for the dbc 17.
There is no one to assist me how to download the academy. There should be an easy tutorial on it.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@akash s , Thank You for creating this thread.

• I myself was thinking to create one thread for Suggestion or Features for upcoming patches or Future Cricket Games made by BigAnt.
  • I would request you to change the title to 'Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series'
  • Dear Every body lets not use this thread to have discussions instead we can use 'General Discussions Thread'.
  • We will just post our suggestions or features or if you have good some approach / methodology to implement something. This thread will be a One point reference to know big ant our ideas & suggestions.
  • Whole intention is to get a Best Cricket Game ever one fine day, this thread is not demanding anybody or asking to implement everything.
My Suggestions:

Career Mode:

1. Man Of the Series Award after each Series / Tournaments / Leagues can be introduced. This will be a booster and also becomes a motivation to perform better through out series in order to get this award.
2. Under Career Player Stats Column we can introduce a column to count 'Man Of the Matches' / 'Man Of the Series' received against that format.
3. Under Legend / Veterens difficulty AI should be bowling at more focused lengths toward Off stump line instead of bowling too many short balls or leg stump.
This will test the batsman patience in longer formats and medium formats ,it will not be easy to score runs.
4. WARM UP Matches can be added with country local team randomly before every tour , Stats can be counted under other column or FIRST CLASS / LIST-A. We need not have warm-ups for T20.

Last edited:

kulch

Club Captain
Can we swap L3 and R3 so that L3 is leave ball under the new standard controls and have R3 to check strengths of bowler. Hitting R3 to leave a ball when ur hand is on the face buttons is difficult.
Can we also add the seam angle dynamics that are on classic controls to new standard bowling controls?

Last edited:

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Before the new patch i would like to see the academy used and accessible like how it was for the dbc 17.
There is no one to assist me how to download the academy. There should be an easy tutorial on it.

It's not available for download yet.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I am not sure on how currently the algorithm is written to choose the fields as per match situations.

Below is my suggestion to use which fields and the ideal situations.

Tests:

Aggressive & Attacking fields:

When a batsman come to crease and did not cross 25 runs.

Balanced Fields:

Batsman playing between 25-75 runs.

Defensive Field:

Batsman playing between 75-100 runs.

Very Defensive:

Batsman playing above 100 runs.

ODI:

During Mandatory Power Plays and Start of the Innings.

Balanced Fields:

During power-plays which allows 3 players outside thering.

Between 10-30 Overs.

Defensive Field:

Death overs between 30-40.

Very Defensive:

Death overs between 40-50

T20's:

Balanced Fields:

Between 06-12 Overs.

Defensive Field & Very Defensive:

Death overs between 12-20.

Last edited:

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I am not sure on how currently the algorithm is written to choose the fields as per match situations.

Below is my suggestion to use which fields and the ideal situations.

Tests:

When a batsman come to crease and did not cross 25 runs.

Balanced Fields:

Batsman playing between 25-75 runs.

Defensive Field:

Batsman playing between 75-100 runs.

Very Defensive:

Batsman playing above 100 runs.

ODI:

Balanced Fields:

During power-plays which allows 3 players outside thering.

Between 10-30 Overs or Batsman is new at the crease.

Defensive Field:

Batsman playing between 75-100 runs Or Death overs between 30-40.

Very Defensive:

Batsman playing above 100 runs Or Death overs between 40-50

T20's:

Balanced Fields:

Between 06-12 Overs or Batsman is new at the crease.

Defensive Field & Very Defensive:

Well set batsman Or Death overs between 12-20.

That’s overly simplifying it though. Take into account batsman and bowler skill, match situation or conditions, and it becomes a hell of a lot more complex

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That’s overly simplifying it though. Take into account batsman and bowler skill, match situation or conditions, and it becomes a hell of a lot more complex

Exactly what I was about to say.

The multiple factors and cases at play are often contradicting in nature. And programmatically that is not an easy thing to implement.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Agreed , for Tests we can go based on batsman scores and Limited Overs cricket we can go based on overs I guess. Correct me if I am wrong.
I have re-edited my suggestion.

Pat

International Coach
Agreed , for Tests we can go based on batsman scores and Limited Overs cricket we can go based on overs I guess. Correct me if I am wrong.
I have re-edited my suggestion.

For limited overs it also needs to take these into factor at a minimum (I am sure I am missing a few) -

1. Number of overs left
2. Number of wickets left
3. Who is batting - an aggressive batsman or a tail-ender (are both tail-enders batting and if only one of them is a tail-ender, are you trying to give away a run at the start of the over to the main batsman or you bring up the field on the 5th or 6th delivery to keep the batsman away from strike in the next over)
4. How many runs are left to chase (if they have already put up a total) or how many runs the team is trying to restrict the opposition to (if bowling first)

It is not as easy as taking a variable and selecting a field based on the value of a variable.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
First up all it is to mention that The games is fantastic and brilliant for Cricket lover. It has all types of shots and Great game play and deep career mode.

Few suggestions for next patch -----

1. Outside fielders should be at boundary line so that single can be taken easily
2. Rain is coming on bright sunny day. This may be fixed.
3. Sometimes Keeper positioning is going wired.(In front of Stumps/ Facing Backwards )
4.Academy getting hanged sometimes
5. Frame issue
6. Square cut shoot needs to be improved.
7. AI team selection needs to be revamped.
8. More commentary names.
9.Cancelling the run and extra time to return for coming back to crease needs to be checked
10. AI field setting needs to be strengthened as it keeps fielders inside even after hitting lots of run in l lots of overs
11. Career Player we can introduce a column to count 'Man Of the Matches' / 'Man Of the Series'

Thanks Big ANT Team for giving us such a great game.

12.Competition/Tours stats not updating in earned stats hopefully that will be fixed.(If possible)

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Need below improvement

1 - AI should run Fast just as we press RT to make fast.
2 - Play According to Required Run rate .
3 - Rotate strike take Quick single .
4 - Last over not defend when require high run rate . either miss the shot of slog or make the shot .

Above improvement make the AI more sensible and realistic.

sajeednp

Club Captain
Hope big ant listening to all above threads and we expect to get a great patch from them

Users who are viewing this thread