Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah I'll agree on this. It doesn't seem like a big issue or anything. But I've noticed it also.

I think we should categorize as functional Or Domain bug.

Functional & Technical bugs:

Example of Functional Bug can be the above one and also AI not running when hitting the ball to deep players.

Example of Technical Bugs can be Crashes / Unable to download etc

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
Remember, it's only been out for 1 week! I'm sure they are working on it - I imagine if the AI always hit the last ball for 4 or 6 there would be outcry as well - as there was in DBC 17 when the AI would tend to hit the last ball of an otherwise maiden over for 4 or 6 :)

I meant the last ball of the innings, not the last ball of each over. Mainly, I meant the end of match situation can be treated as a special case for the AI

aspink3

Club Cricketer
Difficulty: Veteran (custom sliders between med & hard)

As I trudge off the field after a mammoth 370 from 293 in my second first class game, I can't help but feel so much needs to change to make Ashes Cricket a game I return to again.

Rated just 47, I received a call up to my English county following some impressive club performances; one of which was a 307* in the second innings of a three day club match. The thought of surpassing that score by some distance in the same season against first class opponents did not cross my mind.

Why was I able to accomplish this so easily? Bear in mind I only played on pro difficulty in previous editions and surpasses 200 just twice.

1. Bowling - Accuracy is nowhere near where it should be. The volume of full/short and wide deliveries mean no pressure is built throughout the innings. When they do bowl a good length ball, it often angles down leg side providing further scoring opportunity. Any 'good' deliveries can simply be defended or left without any need to score from them. Lets see some consistent bowling that builds pressure with the poor delivery thrown in on occasion.

2. Fielding - I'm not too sure what's happened with fielding positions on this game. Having read some of the reviews I believed fielding to be responsive to your playing style and reactive to scoring areas. For the majority of my innings, fielding consisted of a 'ring' with a fine leg. As a result, it was far too easy to guide any poor balls into the gap or over the top knowing it didn't need to be timed perfectly. Also, once I passed 300, the field reset to the aggressive 4 slips no point setting. I'd like to have seen a few boundary riders once set to make me think differently about which shots to play.

3. Batting - I actually started my club career with scores of 1,0,1. Once I figured out which shots to play, batting has become all too mechanical. There are far too many shots I can play knowing there's little or no risk in a dismissal. Not even the hint of an edge when i drive at a wide one outside off stump. Timing the ball doesn't seem overly important either when playing square of the wicket, it just tends to trickle away while the fielder runs through quicksand trying to reach it.

As for the fact that unbeaten 50's/100's don't even get registered in statistics or the SP points are the same regardless of performance, this game still needs much work to become one I can't put down. And believe me, that's exactly what I want and expect from this game!

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Add edit stats in acamedy just like dbc so we can fix hs and bowling figures

DanAllenGaming

School Cricketer
Trophy NEW CAP cannot be be unlocked on PS4

I would suggest making the trophy achievable via Simulation to avoid huge bug fixes

Thanks

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As for the fact that unbeaten 50's/100's don't even get registered in statistics or the SP points are the same regardless of performance, this game still needs much work to become one I can't put down. And believe me, that's exactly what I want and expect from this game!

Can you please confirm the bug and post it in the "Bug Reporting Thread" if it does exist? My understanding was the stats, especially in career mode, have been fixed but it looks like you are still facing the issues I faced in DBC 17 making DBC 17's career mode unplayable.

aspink3

Club Cricketer
Can you please confirm the bug and post it in the "Bug Reporting Thread" if it does exist? My understanding was the stats, especially in career mode, have been fixed but it looks like you are still facing the issues I faced in DBC 17 making DBC 17's career mode unplayable.

Yes I have reported this in bugs forum. I remember this issue in DBC17 being that averages were based on how many innings you had rather than dismissals. This seems fine here but just not registering in the 50's/100's stats

Wilburella

Banned
. Far too many wides and byes from short bowling especially early on.
. AI bowl too many short balls in general early on.
. AI bowling accuracy is rather poor.
. Batsmen react too late to a run. Often one batsmen makes his ground while the other still has 2/3s of the pitch to go.
. Leaving short balls on the front foot looks weird. Sometimes they will duck, but other times they leave it on the front foot and get hit.
. I often go to play a pull shot but will instead end up playing a weird back foot on drive.
. AI do not take enough singles

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
During rain delays if overs are reduced. Please show reduced overs number beside scorecard like below
12/1 3.1 overs (40 overs)
Also please adjust bowler max overs and powerplays and field placements accordingly.

D

Deleted member 185125

During rain delays if overs are reduced. Please show reduced overs number beside scorecard like below
12/1 3.1 overs (40 overs)
Also please adjust bowler max overs and powerplays and field placements accordingly.
Patch 1.04 had multiple rain stoppage and over reduction and was displayed on screen, however no changes in max overs and PP. Video below.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
two hopefully simple things to add:

-to make the "direction indicator" always visible when bowling, currently only appears after you move the stick for the jump and release.
It's the small indicator that appears on one of the 2 wheels. My problem is that i often lack precision with the controller, so i bowl
too much to the right/left, having the indicator visible would help a lot.

-when bowling spin, if no input is given then let a bowler walk to the crease for a dead ball. Currently it's only possible for fast bowlers

D

Deleted member 185125

Front foot No ball for spinners. (Probably have the same right stick movement as pacers)
Special deliveries/shots available only if confidence is high.( Doosra, switch hit etc)
Better fielding animations and gameplay. ( Especially outfield)
Improved AI field set and bowling changes.
Improved Commentary.
More licensed teams(makes a hell lot of difference)
Better camera angle available for batting and bowling gameplay.(Character details not that evident with the existing ones IMO)
More bowling/batting styles.

Users who are viewing this thread