Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I am not saying the game is bad or buggy (apart from minor glitches,edges issues and stats bug) but I am talking about career mode with huge potential but unfulfilled application because of the rush release due to Ashes ?, will the dev care about developing the career mode so as to fulfill its potential ? The base is so strong , I mean all the AI players stats get updated , AI players develops/regress/switch teams/goes on to play international cricket and whats not , but the primary problem are as follows.
1)Players age are weird and they never age up , had a 0 ,7 , 11 year old playing in my team for about a decade and they are still the same age.
2)Game records the AI players stats but there is no way to view them apart from in match pop ups.
3)Having separate attributes for inswing,outswing,leg cutter and offcutter will really help in having distinct AI bowlers giving the game a whole lot of immersion.
4)More variation in pace like some skiddy bowlers , some hit the deck kind of bowlers will again create immersion.
5)Proper and performance base development for your career player and AI players.

Thats all I wanted in career mode to be more immersive , I am sure with such a strong base setup this will not be harder to implement.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@TemPSaad
I see what you are concerned about. You are talking from DBC14 and DBC17 experiences. Let’s hope for the best. They may concentrate on these improvements once the gameplay issues (like stumping issue, AI not taking singles, deep fielder moving in) are sorted out.

We can’t expect all what you mentioned to be included in this version of Ashes, improving the career mode is a process, so may be they shall keep adding features to this game and keep some for future iterations. Ashes 2019 in England with World Cup !!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
@TemPSaad
I see what you are concerned about. You are talking from DBC14 and DBC17 experiences. Let’s hope for the best. They may concentrate on these improvements once the gameplay issues (like stumping issue, AI not taking singles, deep fielder moving in) are sorted out.

We can’t expect all what you mentioned to be included in this version of Ashes, improving the career mode is a process, so may be they shall keep adding features to this game and keep some for future iterations. Ashes 2019 in England with World Cup !!
Considering the dbc14/17 career mode , it's a huge improvement it's just the finishing touches which are missing draining the whole experience

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Please add preferred Fielding position option in player skills with options like
Slips
Inner circle off side
Inner circle leg side
Outer circle off side
Outer circle leg side

This may not be possible in Ashes cricket but please think of it in next iteration.

varunschuey

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone please provide a simple list of the major bugs and game-breaking flaws in Ashes Cricket?

Based on the quality of BigAnt products in general, the history of cricket gaming and several bug related threads.......it is evident that there are major bugs in this game.

For the ease of potential buyers and users who cannot read through hundreds of pages, it would be great if someone can post a simple numbered list. Thank You!

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
@varunschuey For a potential buyer, you seem to be more keen on knowing about the bug list than the features list.
And your topic of the thread is so damn tempting for new ppl to look into.

My answer to your question is that every major bug (not jus Ashes) is patchable, jus that we need patience and support the developer.

Last edited:

Wilburella

Banned
AI field placements and ridiculous number of wides from short balls/general accuracy of the AI bowling are my only issues

Wilburella

Banned
For example (and this is normal), after 29.2 overs I am 2-124 but their has been 28 extras including 17 wides and 8 byes.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Can someone please provide a simple list of the major bugs and game-breaking flaws in Ashes Cricket?

Based on the quality of BigAnt products in general, the history of cricket gaming and several bug related threads.......it is evident that there are major bugs in this game.

For the ease of potential buyers and users who cannot read through hundreds of pages, it would be great if someone can post a simple numbered list. Thank You!
It surely does not have as many bugs as dbc 17. But still there are similar annoying issues like poor AI field placements, poor running between wickets, ball going through the bat every now and the, lack of edges, easy six hitting, weird front foot pul shot on fuller deliveries, incorrect career stats in some cases etc.. next patch is critical.. i think most of the issues should be sorted in the next patch... i guess one should wait for the next patch and then decide.. though i have a good feeling about the next one. Fingers crossed

varunschuey

Club Captain

Talk about taking out of context........read the full post and also realize that other people have a life and dont spend 18 hours a day on this forum....read the post properly.....

"Based on the quality of BigAnt products in general, the history of cricket gaming and several bug related threads.......it is evident that there are major bugs in this game."

varunschuey

Club Captain
It surely does not have as many bugs as dbc 17. But still there are similar annoying issues like poor AI field placements, poor running between wickets, ball going through the bat every now and the, lack of edges, easy six hitting, weird front foot pul shot on fuller deliveries, incorrect career stats in some cases etc.. next patch is critical.. i think most of the issues should be sorted in the next patch... i guess one should wait for the next patch and then decide.. though i have a good feeling about the next one. Fingers crossed

Hmmm.....to sum it up.........not as pathetic as DBC 17 but still lots of bugs and issues as expected from any BigAnt product. In addition to all the other issues, not sure what to say about a developer who cannot get a basic thing like stats corrected in the game especially after the previous game was bashed for this reason and numerous patches claiming to have fixed it on DBC 17 and then a brand new Ashes Cricket having the same issue....LOL!

varunschuey

Club Captain
@varunschuey For a potential buyer, you seem to be more keen on knowing about the bug list than the features list.
And your topic of the thread is so damn tempting for new ppl to look into.

My answer to your question is that every major bug (not jus Ashes) is patchable, jus that we need patience and support the developer.

That is because the Bug List is always much much bigger in BigAnt products than the feature list! Hahaha :)

And talking of patching.....they are still patching the DBC 17 stats issue......poor guys give them more time........hey but they were also busy developing Ashes cricket......maybe they will fix it there.....but hold on the stats issue is still there in Ashes Cricket.........but come on they will patch it......hehehe.......one of the features must be Comedy!!

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
That is because the Bug List is always much much bigger in BigAnt products than the feature list! Hahaha
If so, then you may very well show no interest in @BigAntStudios products.

I was also not happy with DBC17, but I feel that it shouldn’t let one make discouraging comment on @BigAntStudios the only company who makes cricket games and that too Cricket games rated as best up to day. Yes there are bugs, when most ppl rate BA as best cricket game producers, it should let you know how complex the game is to be made within a limited budget (due to limited viewership unlike FIFA or PES)

Finally as a prospective buyer, asking about gameplay and bugs is okay, but to put a sarcastic comment about the bugs in DBC17 and Ashes is not a good gesture.

Users who are viewing this thread