jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Suggestion:

Under Academy Players for each player we have properties like his identity , Role , Batting style etc .like wise we can one property as ‘Format’ with options as below:
1. ALL (Player plays all formats of the game)
2. LONG FORMAT (First Class & Test matches only)
3. LIMITED OVERS FORMAT (List A ,ODI , T20 & T20I only)
4. SHORT FORMAT(T20 & T20I only).

This way we can control players playing specific formats only , according to the property value set squads should be selected.
Note: We need not have an option for ODIs alone ,the player who plays ODI cricket will be playing T20s as well.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Career Lineups SQUAD SELECTION Suggestion:

I have one idea and approach to get different lineups across formats in CAREER MODE.

Case 1: When you have batting line ups assigned for the Domestic & International Teams.

After initial start of the career mode, For Domestic & International Teams I will load line ups assigned under Teams - Batting Lineups.

Domestic Teams Batting Lineups with Playing-XI and bench strength can be created with naming convention as: FIRSTCLASS,LISTA,TWENTY20.
International Teams Batting Lineups with Playing-XI and bench strength can be created with naming convention as: TEST,ODI,T20I.
T20 Leagues like IPL , CPL, PSL etc Batting Lineups can be created with naming convention as: TWENTY20.

The same naming convention to be used for all the teams which will be falling in any one of the above categories.

Below example will tell you the way I want to implement this.

I have started my career player for Victoria Team and International Team as Australia.
  • Now when Career Mode starts all the teams will be loaded with lineups assigned under respective categories above involved in Career mode except Club Teams.
  • I will be playing my club cricket , simultaneously international cricket will be in progress with out me involved in the lineup.
  • The logic is to choose the assigned lineups as the start point, then on after couple of matches the internal logic starts of form based selections , dropping of players, retirements etc.
My approach to replace players would be :

Batsman will replace a batsman , Bowler will be replaced by a bowler and so on.

Point to noted:

When i get selected for domestic team or international team , if I am a Top Order batsman I should NOT be replaced with highly rated player in the team ex: Steve Smith.
Instead I should be replaced with low rated player having my role. Same goes for all the roles.

Benefits of above approach:

1. You will get your assigned lineups initially , by the time play domestic or international at-least 80% squad remains as per your choice.
2. Different lineups across 3 Formats can be implemented.
3. Easy to replace a player with another player of the same role.

Case 2: When you do not have batting line ups assigned for the teams.

Not all users would be interested to assign the lineups OR not all the teams will have the lineups assigned.

Then in this case when you search with (FIRST CLASS,TEST etc) you will get NULL values. Below logic can be used to overcome this scenario.

1. One way is to keep your squads(across formats) created internally which is hidden to the users and use them.
2. Use the same logic which is currently available in the game.
3. It will be purely based on users interests to create the lineups for their respective teams if they wish to see the better lineups for their teams.

I am not sure of how challenging it would be for @MattW @BigAntStudios , since the feature is already there to assign lineups to the teams I would feel this approach would be easy to implement.

This is just my suggestion. Your opinions, suggestions and comments appreciated. We all together can derive a logic to get better lineups across career mode.
DBC14 has the feature of picking the assigned lineups and implementing it in career mode. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Suggestion:

Under Academy Players for each player we have properties like his identity , Role , Batting style etc .like wise we can one property as ‘Format’ with options as below:
1. ALL (Player plays all formats of the game)
2. LONG FORMAT (First Class & Test matches only)
3. LIMITED OVERS FORMAT (List A ,ODI , T20 & T20I only)
4. SHORT FORMAT(T20 & T20I only).

This way we can control players playing specific formats only , according to the property value set squads should be selected.
Note: We need not have an option for ODIs alone ,the player who plays ODI cricket will be playing T20s as well.
Yes we suggested something like this for DBC17 late in the game, not knowing that Ashes was coming ;) maybe they take the suggestion now ***hoping***

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
adding xp points not happening in ps4 after latest patch so that must be fixed soon

Ashes 17 Is reallygreat just few things it will be the best
1.Ai does not take singles.
2.Outfielders position they r standing too inside the boundary rope option missing. Up normal back.
3.Few cut shots going straight to logoff.
4.Stumping issue in spin bowling.
5.Frame rate drops in ps4.
6.Missing batting broadcast camera in nets training strange but it's there in tutorial.
7.Gameplay modifiers working on online mode
Thanks a lot for a game like ashes hope the fix these in there next patch

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I hope you can include a way to customize the match engine engine which generates STATS , so you can create an era of your choices , lets say 1990s bowling era , post 2007 batting era or 1920s extremely low scores era.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Career Mode:

Once we get the captaincy we do select our lineups manually and change some 5-6 players from the existing lineup.
Every time we need to do this , my suggestion is once we have the authority to change line up then which ever lineup was last selected should be saved.
This will help us to avoid changing all the players every time and even when simulating games it would be easier too.

• Online tournament mode missing ashes 17 was there in dbc 14
  • Broadcast batting camera missing in nets training strange is there in tutorial.
  • Outfielders boundary position too inside option missing up normal back.
  • I will not call these bugs but these are missing links in ashes 17

kulch

Club Captain
Obviously too hard for ashes 2018. But for the next title, Fielding like RPIC/BLIC or ashes 2009. Much reward for taking catches with that green circle dynamic and pegging in a flat throw at the right end to stop an extra run or even create a run out. Imo Fielding needs to be fully manual. I'm pretty sure NES super international cricket had manual fielding. I could throw at either end, hold the D pad for a direct throw and take classic diving catches.
For this game I feel career mode needs variations in the sp earned based on performance. I hope this can be patched in

hoggy02

School Cricketer
Played a game today the ai needed 6 to win off the last ball and they blocked it.

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Played a game today the ai needed 6 to win off the last ball and they blocked it.

Yep, they need to set AI to aggressive when they are behind.

It should not be a case of them being aggressive equals AI instant 6’s but it should make them bat aggressively, bigger hacks, come down the wicket, take risks.

Because they need to press when behind the run rate and if they were more risky and aggressive it would open up to bigger hits, bigger missess and also more wickets being taken.

All are more interesting than a block on the last ball. If the AI took a mighty swing and missed I would say well played, connect on my bad delivery choice for 6? Well played. Get it all wrong and I bowl them, well played. Gash it for 2 runs? Hard luck, well played.

Last edited:

gideon_swrd

Club Captain

This is the one thing that still surprises me hasn't been fixed, after all the other improvements to the AI. I saw this happen in one of Mazd's videos as well. As a worst case naive solution which would still be better than the current behavior, the AI logic for the final over of a chase could be handled as a special case, and especially the aggression setting for the last ball depending on how many runs are needed. In short, if (last ball & runs reqd>2) then hit aerial shot :)

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
This is the one thing that still surprises me hasn't been fixed, after all the other improvements to the AI. I saw this happen in one of Mazd's videos as well. As a worst case naive solution which would still be better than the current behavior, the AI logic for the final over of a chase could be handled as a special case, and especially the aggression setting for the last ball depending on how many runs are needed. In short, if (last ball & runs reqd>2) then hit aerial shot :)
Remember, it's only been out for 1 week! I'm sure they are working on it - I imagine if the AI always hit the last ball for 4 or 6 there would be outcry as well - as there was in DBC 17 when the AI would tend to hit the last ball of an otherwise maiden over for 4 or 6 :)

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Remember, it's only been out for 1 week! I'm sure they are working on it - I imagine if the AI always hit the last ball for 4 or 6 there would be outcry as well - as there was in DBC 17 when the AI would tend to hit the last ball of an otherwise maiden over for 4 or 6 :)
ive found they still do hit the last ball to the boundary half the time, especially off spinners

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
ive found they still do hit the last ball to the boundary half the time, especially off spinners

Yeah I'll agree on this. It doesn't seem like a big issue or anything. But I've noticed it also.

Users who are viewing this thread