Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
When appealing, I want a menu or question to come up, what are you appealing for? Catch/ LBW/ Stump/ Run out? at this point when you appeal i think the ump only considers one thing

villafan001

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
When appealing, I want a menu or question to come up, what are you appealing for? Catch/ LBW/ Stump/ Run out? at this point when you appeal i think the ump only considers one thing
An appeal covers all forms of dismissal in the laws, so it would be incorrect to do it this way (and probably waste another few seconds going through a menu).

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
An appeal covers all forms of dismissal in the laws, so it would be incorrect to do it this way (and probably waste another few seconds going through a menu).
In theory yes, but you can never appeal for a run out for example in this game. when you appeal for a run out the ump only considers caught lbw...

villafan001

Club Captain
In theory yes, but you can never appeal for a run out for example in this game. when you appeal for a run out the ump only considers caught lbw...
Interesting, can’t say I’ve come across that particular scenario - I would have thought the best way to amend it would just be to ensure that an appeal does actually consider run outs, rather than a menu, though?

I must admit I didn’t realise you could appeal for run outs, I assume the game simply “auto appealed” (like it does for outfield catches).

Alberts

International Coach
I really hope they improve the leaving in a future patch, at the moment it's about as barebones as it could be. There's one leave, and the leave it's useful against spin (as the player marches out of their crease doing it). There's no options to pad up, duck or sway exactly either, though the game contextually ducks in some cases.

I also hope they can improve players trying to keep their foot in the crease to the spinners. Right now they have a well grounded foot, then take it out for seemingly no reason, which leads to stumpings.

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Commentary needs to be improved.

Added one to the bug thread overweekend.

The commentators do not say the players names when stating good short or well played. There is just a blank.

Seems a shame as Slater is now on the comms. I find myself turning comms volume down or off as a result.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ability for a 3rd person (even the Shareplay oke ?) , to play as the Umpire through his view ?

Weird one , but its been suggested by a few of my mates as a good way of spectating games.

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Added one to the bug thread overweekend.

The commentators do not say the players names when stating good short or well played. There is just a blank.

Seems a shame as Slater is now on the comms. I find myself turning comms volume down or off as a result.

is the issue with downloaded teams or licensed teams? if it is downloaded teams then some of the created players do not have any assigned commentary name, that could be the reason for commentators not saying any name.

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
is the issue with downloaded teams or licensed teams? if it is downloaded teams then some of the created players do not have any assigned commentary name, that could be the reason for commentators not saying any name.
Licensed teams - Eng & Aus Womens teams

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Make AI more Stronger and smarter on Legend

1 - AI plays according to Target .
2 - AI should Take quick single make pressure .
3 - AI Should bowl more Variation on Legend and Hard to Play with High Rated Bowler .
4 - low Confidence make lower Rating for bowler and effect the batting and and bowling .

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
I hope BA Studios work in the competition designer. You can not choose grounds or stadiums for more than 3 teams tournament. The other thing that looks so unreal is the statistics in the tournaments that shows separate statistics for each group. If the competition is same regardless of the groups the statistics should reflect all of the player's performance playing in the tournament. Thanks

Gayan

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would be good if batting position could be separated into two categories in the academy; 1. Limited overs 2. first class/test as batsmen do not always bat in the same position in both white and red ball cricket, particularly applies for wicket keepers.

This would prevent players batting out of position in ai controlled teams in career mode. In my dbc 17 career mode when I came across South Africa in the white ball formats Quinton De kock was batting at 7 because his batting position in the academy is middle order. In my domestic games Niroshan Dickwella was opening in first class games had I not been capt of the Sri lankan team he would've been opening in tests too. If separated you could have dekock/ dickwella as opening in limited overs and middle order for tests. You could also have batsmen listed as top order in limited overs and middle order in tests as often happens , this way generated teams would be more realistic.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

It's a big negative on almost every review, but oh so hard to change that. I'm honestly not sure what you could do to fix it: I've said for a long time that perhaps the way to do it is make it a lot more instructional: have a system which chiefly keeps the player informed about the match situation, rather than ball to ball stuff. If you PR'd that as a huge feature (the first cricket game (sports game?) to focus on keeping the player a heads up on targets, what they should be doing etc. Explain cricket more. Maybe then people would get that it's so useful that it doesn't have to be seamless and entertaining and slick (although hey: strive for both!).

There's also another argument that, without that to pick fault with, they might find more other things to fault. I'd rather have a paragraph of the review saying "the commentary isn't very good" in the review - most people would read that and say "I can live with that", but might be put off if something else was there...

So hard.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
It's a big negative on almost every review, but oh so hard to change that. I'm honestly not sure what you could do to fix it: I've said for a long time that perhaps the way to do it is make it a lot more instructional: have a system which chiefly keeps the player informed about the match situation, rather than ball to ball stuff. If you PR'd that as a huge feature (the first cricket game (sports game?) to focus on keeping the player a heads up on targets, what they should be doing etc. Explain cricket more. Maybe then people would get that it's so useful that it doesn't have to be seamless and entertaining and slick (although hey: strive for both!).

There's also another argument that, without that to pick fault with, they might find more other things to fault. I'd rather have a paragraph of the review saying "the commentary isn't very good" in the review - most people would read that and say "I can live with that", but might be put off if something else was there...

So hard.
Yea I agree. People know themselves if it was a good shot or a bad shot, or a 4 or a 6. I'd rather be told something like "Australia now need 260 runs with 4 wickets in hand", or "The run rate is now at 7 an over". Stuff about the current/future state of the game that relies on the current state, rather than relying on what happened the previous ball and more chance of something glitching it up. Of course you could still have the basics, but it must be hard to determine if a 4 was a result of a good shot, or a terrible shot that got lucky. The player themselves will already know that. Adding some contextual things such as "If I were the fielding captain, I'd look for a more attacking field with only 2 wickets needed for victory", or "The powerplay is now in action. The bowlers will have to be careful now with only 2 fielders allowed outside the circle" is informative/entertaining but also gives you an idea about the situation of the game along with the tactics and rules of the game.

It must be an incredibly difficult feature to implement well, especially for a cricket game. It works for other sports games like football because half the time the commentators are just saying the players name, that it's a throw in/corner/goal. You get the odd bit of stupid stuff as well though like "This team has found it hard winning on the road" even though you've won every game of the season, etc. But on the whole, it works better in other games because it is so basic. You can't do that for a cricket game without it becoming extremely monotonous. "Starc to Root. No run. Starc to Root. No run."

Users who are viewing this thread