Ashley Giles

K

killa_stiky2002

Man I didn't know Giles used to bowl fast???
How was is action? Was he any good? And why did he switch to pie slow left?

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by killa_stiky2002@Jun 18 2003, 07:01 PM
Man I didn't know Giles used to bowl fast???
How was is action? Was he any good? And why did he switch to pie slow left?
I didn't know that either until I saw what you wrote in the other topic.Man that's strange!Maybe he changed because he wasn't good or didn't get wickets. :huh:

K

killa_stiky2002

Maybe he changed because he wasn't good or didn't get wickets

Is he getting now :D ?

This is an extract from his player profile.

With an angled approach to the crease climaxing in an energetic flurry of limbs, Giles does not have the most fluent spin-bowling action - possibly because he began life as a fast bowler. But he is accurate, finds some turn and even more bounce, and established himself as England's No. 1 slow bowler during the triumphant tour of Pakistan in 2000-01. As his confidence grew, so did his repertoire, and the rip-snorting delivery that pitched outside leg and fizzed past Inzamam-ul-Haq's dangling bat on to the stumps at Karachi was the best piece of bowling by an England spinner since Phil Tufnell teased the Aussies at The Oval in 1997.

ArjunaH

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It doesn't really matter what action Ashley Giles uses he is a pretty useless spinner for England. He never ever takes wickets in tests or ODIs and the only time he comes in handy is in his rare token half centuries such as the ones against Zimbabwe. This guy should definitely be axed from both one day and test sides until he really proves that he is a wicket taking bowler. There are plenty of good young fast bowlers who are lot more useful than Giles to the England team. Man that profile talks so much rubbish. It elevates an ordinary, consistently underperforming bowler into a world class spinner. :karind:

Users who are viewing this thread