Best "Every other bowler," thread.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Spinner: Murali (Reluctantly) and Warne in his prime.

Fast: Glenn McGrath & Wasim Akram, I just found some of Akrams bowling amazing to watch.

Medium: Marcus Trescothick (Brilliant) and Jon Lewis (At the moment)

Chinaman: Garry Sobers

Chimp132

International Cricketer
Spinner: Murali (Reluctantly) and Warne in his prime.

Fast: Glenn McGrath & Wasim Akram, I just found some of Akrams bowling amazing to watch.

Medium: Marcus Trescothick (Brilliant) and Jon Lewis (At the moment)

Chinaman: Garry Sobers

has trescothic ever bowled lol ?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Right Arm Fingerspin - Bahjji. Control, can bowl fligh and flat, good turner, and aggressive.

Left Arm Fingerspin - Vettori. Could be Panesar, but Vettori has experience and the skill - quicker ball, tosses it up, can spin it a bit, accurate. Rafique deserves a mention, but he has fallen away a bit of late.

Right Arm Wristspin - After Warney, it's gotta be Kumble.
Jumbo gets bounce, spin, is accurate, and has got every variation available. Legend. Murali counts as Right Arm Wristpsin, but I like Kumble better. Murali is genius though.

Left Arm Wristspin - Limited in choice, either Dave Mohammed or Hogg. Both have good control, can flight the ball, have a nice googly and can bat a bit. But only one is still playing for his country, so Hogg it is.

Right Arm Quick - No one quicker and more lethal that Slinga Malinga.

Left Arm Quick - No one. Period. :p

Right Arm Fast Medium - Lots of contenders. Excluding McGrath, it's Pollock. Easily. Swing both way, control, had pace in the 1990s, slower ball, height, bounce and good batter.

Left Arm Fast Medium - Zaheer. Same as above, but without the batting.

Right Arm Medium - Collingwood is the best of the dibbly dobblers currently. Gets wickets, no matter how controversial. One could argue he slipped the umps a little something, but if it brings you wickets, then so be it...

Left Arm Medium - Are there any? Pathan is currently bowling at Medium, and since he is the only one I can think of who got a 5-fer in tests and ODIs, it's him.

Right Arm Rubbish - :p For those who don't fit above. And there can only be one man. One who bowls offbreak, legbreaks, swing and seam all in one. None other than Sachin. Wickets in every test country bar Sri Lanka, and fifers in ODIs, easily the best of the rubbish.

Left Arm Rubbish - Good old Gilo! But for completely different reasons, as be didn't bowl offbreaks, legbreaks, swing OR seam, but still took 143 wickets in Test Cricket and the first man to get Sachin out stumped! Take a bow! :p

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Fast: Shoaib Akhtar

Medium-Fast: Mohammad Asif

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
How can you pick them when they are both dirty drug cheating disgraces to the game?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Probably because Usy takes pride in his nations bowlers, and sticks with them through thick and thin. Although i dont like them one bit, for reasons more personal than drugs, id stick with Flintoff if he was in that circumstance, but us English dont need drugs to improve ;) We know we cant!

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
Correct, England U-19 stats floating around with those records.
He's got to be there.
Here he is bowling against WI in 2004, it's the 1st wicket, ignore the 2nd part of the video.
I think he did all the work with this wicket, don't you?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OiTTkJwqQ

Last edited:

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Right Arm Fingerspin - Still would be Saqi in my books. I saw his 5-for the other day with Sussex, and I feel he's back in touch.

Left Arm Fingerspin - Vettori. There are a few coming up, but you gotta give it to Vettori.

Right Arm Wristspin - Murali

Left Arm Wristspin - Hogg. There is hardly anyone else there so..

Right Arm Quick - Bond. Shane Bond.

Left Arm Quick - Zaheer Khan(?), Najaf Shah(?)

Right Arm Fast Medium - Pollock, than Asif.

Left Arm Fast Medium - Nathan Brackan! Again, Najaf, Zaheer and RP Singh can fit under Bracken.

Right Arm Medium - Collingwood than still Razzaq than Kallis.

Left Arm Medium - Vaas. Yeah, I almost forgot about this guy. :p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The way a leggie releases the ball is almost bang on how Murali does it BUT out of the front of the hand, so yeah he is probably and off-spinner, but a wrist spinner, which is dam confusing!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But an Off Spinner generally spins the ball from Off to Leg ~ Which means he is an Off Spinner.

I woulnt call him a Finger Spinner, because he is a Wrist Spinning Off Spinner.

..Man that was hard!

Left Arm Quick - No one. Period. :p

Ever heard of Wasim Akram? Possibly the greatest ever right arm quick.

Spinner: Warne - No explanation needed.

Fast: Glenn McGrath & Curtly Ambrose - Bowls on the same bit of turf day in and day out. Hit batsman, scared the living day light out of batsman and bowled some of the best spells of bowling in history.

Medium: Ummm..Steve Waugh? Because he is the only Medium bowler I have seen take Test wickets.

Chinaman: Bradd Hogg - Same as Matts reason.

Actually no, Andrew Symonds

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread