Your Cricket Fast Bowling Thread

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
evertonfan said:
That's funny Zorax, I read exactly the same post in the Superthread from you. :p
Ever heard of this great new invention, called Copy? And it's complimentary invention, Paste? :p

manee

Chairman of Selectors
How important are situps in bowling fast? I remember this time last year I did LOADS of situps and got a back injury from them. However, the week it was healed I bowled very fast...then I had a break until the season started and was back to my medium pace.

rickyp

International Coach
situps arent a safe option when it comes to core stability, its hard to describe the exercises that are good, but those will just wreck your back. they wont realy make you bowl faster, they just give your back (how ironic) an extra coping mechanism

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Bowled decently today, only cross seam though. My sir says I only bowled four good ball the whole day, out of bowling like 12-13. He says if I were to bowl a whole over, 1 bad ball would be guaranteed :(
Need to work on being consistent. I need to bowl more that 2 and a half overs a day!!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Almost three years. What's this thread used for, tips I'm guessing :spy

There wouldn't be too many people on this forum I'd take advice from.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
How important are situps in bowling fast? I remember this time last year I did LOADS of situps and got a back injury from them. However, the week it was healed I bowled very fast...then I had a break until the season started and was back to my medium pace.

Oh manee. What must you think reading this post now. :laugh

I've given up trying to bowl genuinely quick. I get more wickets bowling stump to stump, and have come to the realisation that I'll never be out and out quick. I'm just happy picking up wickets at an average in the teens in my league =]

Eon

Club Cricketer
does anyone else have the problem when bowling an inswinging yorker that it will just miss leg stump. cause i will bowl a beauty that (i think because i dont aim a little furth outside off to make up for the extra time its in the air making it swing further) will swing from about a foot outside off and pitch in line with leg but keep going and miss leg stump... quite frustrating when i am bowling at a number 9 or 10 and i bowl 3 or 4 of these an over they have no clue what to do with it and it still just misses the bloody stumps

P

pcfan123

does anyone else have the problem when bowling an inswinging yorker that it will just miss leg stump. cause i will bowl a beauty that (i think because i dont aim a little furth outside off to make up for the extra time its in the air making it swing further) will swing from about a foot outside off and pitch in line with leg but keep going and miss leg stump... quite frustrating when i am bowling at a number 9 or 10 and i bowl 3 or 4 of these an over they have no clue what to do with it and it still just misses the bloody stumps

I used to have the same problem bowling Left arm over to a RHB. If you come a slightly bit wider from the stumps you can correct for over swing. However it becomes harder for me to be accurate .

Otherwise sometimes I try coming around the wicket and bowling a big inswinger from way outside off, but if this goes wide leg side then its usally byes as well :(

Eon

Club Cricketer
Yea i might try coming a little bit wider on the crease, but i think i might just need to aim a bit further outside off. I still have to work on the outswinger alot though, it tends to stick in the hand... and it goes in very short and sits up and bang boundry.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Time for a thread revival, TBH. Cricket season is fast approching, and this season, I'll be playing seniors, hopefully rep, and opening the bowling for the school team.

I've been working on my action and stuff today, keeping a straight front leg with a bent back leg, keeping my chest over my hips when I am running in, a good jump, pulling my front arm down faster and using a longer run up (from 11 steps to 18 steps). Generated some nice pace, now I need to work on getting the run up right, and the pace combined with accuracy, to go with the new action.

Excited.

Eon

Club Cricketer
What i did was out in a flat field... mark out my run up and run in with my eyes closed... and just feel my rythmn, I would do this for like 15-20 minutes. and my run up feels really good. (13 steps for me) I find that an odd number of steps usually feels better.. but thats just me. apart from that... just bowl, bowl and bowl... i go down to some nets close to my house... ill jog there to warm up. bowl for about 45-60 mins then jog home... good for rythmn and fitness

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
I have quite a few problems with my run up i try to do a 14 step run up. Last year i bowled 4 guys in the season with no-balls....devestating. Im a medium pacer i play for under 16's this season (start team training in september already started batting coach a month ago). i bowl around 100kph any tips would be helpfull. Should i have a longer run up,should i cut it down a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread