Best "Every other bowler," thread.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kinda a follow to Manee's thread about express bowlers.

Who (1990-2007) is the best;

Spinner (Orthodox/Unorthodox)
Fast-Medium (We all know Evo's choice here ;))
Medium

And every other wierd type after those threee main ones! Ashley Giles was probably the best slow bowler ever! Seeing as he wasn't a spinner!

So come on, no disagreements, keep it clean ;) And Shane Warne shouldnt be named as hes a known druggie ;) But we'll let him off.

Oh and this isn't a Spinner A Vs. Spinner B, keep it like Manee's thread, where you give why he is the best.

So no WarneVMurali fights, CollyVBell or GilesV....erm...you get my point? :p

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Spinner; Murali. Find me any spinner who's still playing that's better than him and i'll kiss you.

Fast Medium; Stuart Clark. He's bowling like McGrath in his pomp. I would have picked Asif but he's a dirty drug cheat and they don't deserve any mention whatsoever as they are disgraces to sport.

Medium; Tom Smith. Because he plays for Lancs.

Chinaman; Brad Hogg, because there's hardly any out there and no one can pick his wrong 'un.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Spinner: Warne - No explanation needed.

Fast: Glenn McGrath & Curtly Ambrose - Bowls on the same bit of turf day in and day out. Hit batsman, scared the living day light out of batsman and bowled some of the best spells of bowling in history.

Medium: Ummm..Steve Waugh? Because he is the only Medium bowler I have seen take Test wickets.

Chinaman: Bradd Hogg - Same as Matts reason.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Spinner (Orthodox/Unorthodox): Muralitharan

He spins it the most, has the best variation with the doosra and top spinner and is rewarded with the best record. Those who cannot pick him will be out in seconds and those who can, minutes.

Fast-Medium: Glenn Mcgrath

Not only the best fast-medium bowler, but the best new ball bowler ever. His accuracy is unrivaled; combine this with his vicious wrist flick and great seam and this man adds a whole new level of uncertainty to the corridor. Consistantly over 80mph and with a natural zip off the pitch, he was certainly one who the speed gun did not do justice.

Medium: I'll get back to you.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't quite understand what you have to do? Just name your favourite bowlers?

Spinner; Murali. Find me any spinner who's still playing that's better than him and i'll kiss you.

Stuey MacGill. :p

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Spinner: Warne - Spins the ball a Mile and is unstoppable at his best.

Fast: Glenn McGrath - Has that metronome line and length which is awesome. Almost impossible to play when on song. That spell in the first test of the 05 Ashes is a prime example.

Medium: Phh, I dunno.

Chinaman: Bradd Hogg - The Shane Warne of chinamen. Not as good as Warney, but is probably the best chinaman I've seen. He has the most vicous wrong un in World Cricket. Shame that he was born in this era or he could've played 100 tests for Aus.

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Spinner - Shane Warne, he out thought batsmen and preyed on their weaknesses as well as having brilliant talent. His mind pips his ahead of Murali for me.

Fast-Medium Glenn McGrath. Pace, movement in his pomp. Still a threat at 70+ mph shows how accurate he was.

Medium - Angus Fraser?

Chinaman - Brad Hogg. Only other ones I know are Kaneria and Mac Gill but Hogg has more control.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Nah, Gus was faster than medium Will.

MacGill and Kaneria aren't chinamen either. :p

I think there is. What it is that makes Warne so special?

He's Australian and Murali isn't, there's your explanation.

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Do you have to be left-armed to be Chinaman?

Hogg anyway.

As for medium, Paul Collingwood. :p

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Spinner - Shane Warne, he out thought batsmen and preyed on their weaknesses as well as having brilliant talent. His mind pips his ahead of Murali for me.

Fast-Medium Glenn McGrath. Pace, movement in his pomp. Still a threat at 70+ mph shows how accurate he was.

Medium - Angus Fraser?

Chinaman - Brad Hogg. Only other ones I know are Kaneria and Mac Gill but Hogg has more control.

They're right handed... :rolleyes:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
term given for a left armed leg spinner evo ;)

Spinner: Would have said Shane, but he is retired so the best spinner currently playing is Murali.

Fast-Medium: Pollock, Clark, Asif, Sreesanth,

Medium: Collingwood, Bopara, Ganguly

Chinaman: Hogg- best there is atm.

I didnt go for anyone who is retired, so McGrath and Warne were left out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread