Assassin in the Palace Mafia I - Endgame

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm a fan of unorthodox set-ups, this one looks very interesting, so let's have a go at it. Not just unorthodox, this one is barely Mafia:D. I feel this one could also really improve the gameplay and scumhunting of some players.

This is a nightless open set-up game. There will be rigid time frames for days, roughly 72 hours, and after that we will move on to the next day. The day can be extended in exceptional circumstances, e.g. a player not posting.

Rules:

1) You must be active and competent at Mafia to sign up.
2) No posting after you die.
3) You must post.
4) No lynches are not possible for two days in a row.

Roles:

1 x King - Must survive the game to secure a win for both himself and his guards. He does not know the identity of his guards.

1 x Assassin - The assassin has a one-shot assassination attempt, and his job is to kill the king to win the game. He may use his assassination ability even once he has been lynched.

5 x Guards - The guards are told the identity of the king and it is their job to protect him by finding the identity of the assassin and lynching him. Guards do not know the identity of other guards. Guards will win when they lynch the assassin, as long as the king is not killed.

Players:

1) @Sulaiman7 - Victorious.
2) @yashdude101 - Lynched Day 1. Victorious.
3) @Simon - Killed Day 2.
4) @User2010 - Victorious.
5) @Umair2000 - Killed Day 2. Victorious.
6) @Varun replaced by @AngryPixel - Victorious.
7) @swirler - Victorious King.

Replacements:

1) @Abhas
2) @Yudi
3)

In case anyone else likes the sound of this set-up, we can add one more guard without affecting balance and if we get two more sign-ups we can do this one later and head back to Medical Mafia. More replacements would be nice too. When would people like this to start? A couple of days from now?

Basic Strategy:

This set-up might be difficult for some of you, especially at the start. The best course of action for the town is to just make a lynch every day. It is vital, however, for the guards not to reveal the identity of the king. The fact that the assassin can perform a kill even after he is lynched shows the importance of this.

For the assassin, he should almost definitely wait until he is lynched before using his assassination attempt to maximise his chances of a win. Other than that, the assassin is a pretty typical Mafia member.

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
In In In

Edit:Oh i am already in

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@thedon5 , So , the assassin will kill the other players like the mafias used to , right ?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Very interesting, I think we should start with 1 King, 1 Assassin and 5 guards(We have 7 players). Just before that please make sure that all the ones who've signed up would be active. Let's start it tonight/tomorrow.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
@thedon5 , So , the assassin will kill the other players like the mafias used to , right ?

Nope, the assassin gets one kill in the entire game and they will usually make the kill after they are lynched to increase their chances of getting the king.

This is very different to something you've played before and you'll need to make sure you understand the rules of the game fully.

----------

Very interesting, I think we should start with 1 King, 1 Assassin and 5 guards(We have 7 players). Just before that please make sure that all the ones who've signed up would be active. Let's start it tonight/tomorrow.

Yeah I agree. Four people have posted so far. @Simon, @Varun, @User2010, please confirm that you will be active and ready to start now.

Another guard would've been nice, but luckily this one works with any number of guards.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Won't the game be over once the assassin is killed?

No. Once he is lynched he is still able to use his assassination ability as long as he hasn't already used it. But yes, other than his assassination, the game is over.

Depending on how well the guards have played, it could be an easy shot for him to pick out the king, but if the guards stay tight-lipped, it'll just be a random attempt to try and get the king, which is what is ideal for the guards.

Thinking I might add a bit of flavour to this too.

----------

Yeah, I'm here. :thumbs

OK you were the main worry:p.

I'll start it up tomorrow.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Will be on the wrong side of activity, but still in.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Lets get this started

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
NO ANALYSING THE 'WRITE-UP'. IT'S JUST FLAVOUR AND WON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING!

It seemed like a fairly normal day at the palace. The only thing louder than the king's thoughts was the creak of his desk as he wrote a letter to the chief guard, thanking him for his 30 years of service. Just as he was signing his name off, he heard footsteps. The king's wife stormed into the room.

She screamed "He's dead... HE'S DEAD!!!" The king rushed to the window and peered down to the court. The chief guard lay there surrounded by his shocked guards with what looked like a stab wound to the neck. The king asked: "Have they found the assailant?". "No" replied his wife. The king gulped, fearful of what was to come.

thedon5 is dead. He was the Chief Guard.

Day 1 Begins - You have roughly 72 hours from the time of this message to reach a majority. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority.

Please confirm roles btw.
@Sulaiman7, @Simon, @User2010, @Umair2000, @Varun.

Last edited:

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Role received. :thumbs

----------

It's going to be tricky on day one. thedon5 suggests we lynch every day, but I doubt we will get enough information to successfully lynch the assassin. Will we just lynch the least active member / the member with the scummiest posts? Hopefully it will get us closer to working-out who the assassin is.

Interested to hear what everyone thinks our plan should be for today?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread