Australia and Pakistan in UAE

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Just about a month to go, will be a cracker as it has been over 4 years since these 2 teams played each other

Wed 22 1st ODI - Pakistan v Australia
Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium

Fri 24 2nd ODI - Pakistan v Australia
Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium

Mon 27 3rd ODI - Pakistan v Australia
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

May 2009
Fri 1 4th ODI - Pakistan v Australia

Sun 3 5th ODI - Pakistan v Australia

Thu 7 Only T20I - Pakistan v Australia
Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium​
Cricinfo - Australia and Pakistan tour of United Arab Emirates, 2009 - Fixtures

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I expect a clear win of the series by Australia if they send their best team. Pakistan has missed too much cricket and most of their opposition has been weak, in ODIs.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan had plenty of domestic cricket and that's cricket too, so they shouldn't be in that bad shape. Normally Australia should win the ODI series.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i hope Pakistan can kick some major bottoms
i will be very happy and proud, it will help them shut all the critis and ... ;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wonder if Brett Lee will be back for this. Would be good if he could make it not only for the team but also his quest to win his Test spot back. ODIs at least give a better indication than T20s.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan had plenty of domestic cricket and that's cricket too, so they shouldn't be in that bad shape. Normally Australia should win the ODI series.

big difference from playing domestic cricket to playing one of the best teams in the world. of course I wouldn't mind Pakistan causing a upset and winning for the sake of their cricket.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
You said that Pakistan missed too much cricket. Of course the national side didn't play much, but that doesn't mean the players they didn't play cricket at all. And of course there's a difference between national and international cricket.

And teams are doing well against Australia lately. Maybe Pakistan can follow in their footsteps.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
UAE is a favorable place for Pakistan and they played very well and were unpredictable at times. So, 'tis a series to watch.

lostboy182

School Cricketer
How much of the IPL will the Aussie players miss out on now with the SA schedule in place?

I can't imagine many of them will be very happy considering this series was shoe horned in right in the middle of their greatest earning potential.

8 MONTHS away from home for the players now - you have to ask how mentally fatigued that will leave them as well.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Really excited for this series. Been a long time since we played Australia. I can see Australia winning this 3-2. Pakistan should win atleast 2 games given the fact that they would be more used to the condition and pitches in UAE. If Pakistan do get Mohammad Yousuf and Abdul Razzaq back by the time of this series...then it could be interesting..

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Here is the news about it. Yousuf, Razzaq, Nazir and Naved-ul-Hasan will surely strenghten Pakistan, if they come back.

Yousuf may cut ties with ICL - report
Cricinfo staff
March 26, 2009

Yousuf, Abdul Razzaq, Imran Farhat, Imran Nazir, Mohammad Sami and Naved-ul-Hasan are the players who might walk away from the ICL

Cricinfo - Yousuf may cut ties with ICL - report

Users who are viewing this thread