Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'll probably start watching the 2005 Ashes DVD nearer the start of the 09 Ashes, don't think I'll bother buying the 06/07 dvd to watch that through, was bad enough watching it 1st time through.

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hehe well mate it would just make ya more hungry for England to win them back wont it? Of course if they don't, you'd feel let down I know, but the 06 07 series is part of the Ashes saga, and should be enjoyed, simply coz it's history with the 5 nil whitewash, ah I better stop or I'll have you English guys in tears...

But yea, I can't wait till the 09 Ashes series starts! :D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Going to be revenge time. We'll win back The Ashes in a glorious 5-0 Whitewash, with Austraila being bowled out for under 100 twice at Lords after England amass 740 in the first innings, with a triple ton from Pietersen and a hundred from Panesar. It's going to happen, I tell thee.

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Well I'd not bet the house on that lol, but of course that's what you guys wish would happen, I would too if I were you. But in the end I hope cricket is the biggest winner, and more people become cricket fans, no matter where they are from, as a result of great cricket being played between our countries. Heck any cricketing country. It's kinda sad that we won't see Warne, McGrath, Hayden etc., anymore in these Ashes battles, ah well...

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Going to be revenge time. We'll win back The Ashes in a glorious 5-0 Whitewash, with Austraila being bowled out for under 100 twice at Lords after England amass 740 in the first innings, with a triple ton from Pietersen and a hundred from Panesar. It's going to happen, I tell thee.

Even though we haven't won at Lords since 1934....

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
This series is going to be immense, it's not even funny. Hopefully our team will be nicely settled before this series begins. I'm backing us to whitewash this, based entirely on the preparation we will have had coming into this series. Playing the WIs on flat tracks is hardly testing your players out :D

valvolux

Club Cricketer
The diff is the Aussies will have a settled team going in......which is sooo important as England found in 05 and SA going to Australia last year. Australia now has such raw and pumped up talent. England have a lot of has beens and never were/never going to be....and certainly arent settled. We have a bowling attack now that is going to be so freaking good in english conditions - Siddle who naturally swings and seams it back in to the right hander...Hilfy who naturally swings it away but has shown he can bring it back in and can certainly present the seam well for any cracks..like a much more effective Hoggard....and Johnson who can't seem to do anything wrong....to think we have an English destroyer like Clark and a somtimes effective but highly respected Lee on the sidelines if there is an injury, how can AUstralia lose? I think back to 05 when 2009 was the series England said they couldnt lose....when we have Johnson at 9 who is a better bowler and batsmen than Flintoff.......I am so glad I have tickets to Cardiff and Lords!!

And by the way...is it just me...or is the latest non english player for england the biggest chucker you have ever seen? Don't lie to me...that guy has a bigger bent elbow than Murali...yet he still cant hit 140kmh regularly like all of the aussie bowlers can.

Oh my...how I love England and English people.....but blimey chaps....your cricket team hasn't looked this ready for the spanking for over a decade!

Sureshot

Executive member
Seems like your bending your arm more by trying to use ellipsis' to replace commas.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Amjad shouldn't even be playing. I don't want to be stink but if he gets banned i'm not going to complain, there are better bowlers. Hoggard, Davies and Ali are all much more deserving of a place in my opinion. Broad needs to find the form he showed ealier in this series although there's no shame in struggling on these wickets. If we go in with an attack containing Khan, Anderson and Broad bowling badly and no Fred then we are in big trouble.

Thankfully all the batsmen except Shah seem to have sorted their issues out and I believe Shah is the sort of player who will thrive under the pressure of the Ashes.

Is this test series against the Windies before the ashes nailed on? If that is the case then provided it isn't a wash out it could be key in getting the team right and helping some player regain their form and get used to playing on actual cricket pitches.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
The diff is the Aussies will have a settled team going in......which is sooo important as England found in 05 and SA going to Australia last year. Australia now has such raw and pumped up talent. England have a lot of has beens and never were/never going to be....and certainly arent settled. We have a bowling attack now that is going to be so freaking good in english conditions - Siddle who naturally swings and seams it back in to the right hander...Hilfy who naturally swings it away but has shown he can bring it back in and can certainly present the seam well for any cracks..like a much more effective Hoggard....and Johnson who can't seem to do anything wrong....to think we have an English destroyer like Clark and a somtimes effective but highly respected Lee on the sidelines if there is an injury, how can AUstralia lose? I think back to 05 when 2009 was the series England said they couldnt lose....when we have Johnson at 9 who is a better bowler and batsmen than Flintoff.......I am so glad I have tickets to Cardiff and Lords!!

And by the way...is it just me...or is the latest non english player for england the biggest chucker you have ever seen? Don't lie to me...that guy has a bigger bent elbow than Murali...yet he still cant hit 140kmh regularly like all of the aussie bowlers can.

Oh my...how I love England and English people.....but blimey chaps....your cricket team hasn't looked this ready for the spanking for over a decade!

Haha - excellent stirring :D

But just on Flintoff, I'd take him over Johnson as a batsman, even though Mitch is one of my favourite players.

As you point out the Aussie pace battery looks very good, but there are massive questions on who our spinner might be. Surely we will need to play one, yet we haven't even played our supposed best spinner, Bryce McGain, in a Test yet. Please don't make him debut in the Ashes Mr Hilditch. Give him a go in the 3rd SA Test, we need to see what the guy's got for crying out loud.

International Coach
it should be a very good series and england should be the favorites at home,the ausseis have been doing great in south africa but they have been aided by some really poor cricket by the proteas and england even though have played some good cricket have been hindered by some shocking pitches.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
it should be a very good series and england should be the favorites at home,the ausseis have been doing great in south africa but they have been aided by some really poor cricket by the proteas and england even though have played some good cricket have been hindered by some shocking pitches.

England are no longer favourites. Looking at the how the two teams are going in West Indies and South Africa. Australia are beating SA quite easily although, as you said, SA haven't played like they should be and England are struggling to beat the WI.

England's bowlers are not taking wickets and the likes of Sidebottom and Harmison are looking so non-threatening. With Australia's batting line-up, England have an uphill task to be able to bowl Australia out twice.

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
Sidebottom will thrive in at least a couple of the Tests though, due to the English conditions.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
England's bowling lineup has gone from world class to average lately. Ironically, at the same time Stuart Broad actually starts performing in test cricket, his more highly favoured teammates start bowling poorly.

5-0 :D

Users who are viewing this thread