Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mhussey needs to be more aggressive i know its hard when your struggling for form but only way back is to stop worrying so much about getting out an play each ball on its merits..
He looks to be 2nd guessing himself out there.

Maybe dropping him from the 3rd test if we win this will get his fire back.
But i still think hes good enough to be in the team but he needs a 100 soon an it cant be followed with a score under 20.
We want mr reliable back

Johnson=Akram

School Cricketer
first of all, well done to Hughes. Massive target of 546 for SA to chase, but i must say they have made a solid start. Our bowling has been preety good i though. Hilfy's referral was very unlucky, and we should have had a 3rd slip when Amla edged Johnson in consecutive deliveries. 5 session to go though:)

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
There is a guy that's been waving an Aussie flag for the past 2 Tests. His been wearing a tattered baggy green cap, which seems strange. Some idiot stole Matthew Hayden's baggy-green (ironically it was the last Test he scored a 100 in) during his 94th Test against India at Adelaide at the start of 2008. I wonder if that's him.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
nooo Siddle is fired up should of had kallis out for a duck but north dropped him :(

Why is North at first slip he hasnt looked comfortable there at all.
Looks to be too far back an just gets in wrong positions to take the catches.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Siddle gets a massive breakthrough, Amla gone. He never seems to make a big score, just gets in, looks pretty and gets out, like Ian Bell.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
North did drop a catch during the tour match. But I guess he is a slipper and we don't really have another.

Siddle certainly in one of his spells, Kallis would have been a big wicket for this situation. Alma again struggling to carry on his start.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Mhussey did well there an looked alot more confident an capable than North has

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Surely we can't lose from here.

Been very pleased with the way we have all played throughout this test match so far, only whether could stop us from winning this now. We need 7 wickets (8 if Smith bats) in 5 sessions, with Johnson in red hot form, and Siddle ever improving, we should have no troubles dismissing them.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
I think we need to have 4 wickets down by the end of play today.
Or else day 5 could get pretty scary.
Dropping Kallis on 0 is a huge missed opportunity.

The guy waiving the flag i think its the same guy who goes on all the tours an just stands around waving flag most of the day.
Had a website to i think wavetheflag.com or wavingtheflag.com something like that

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hope Siddle is fit to bowl as he looks to be our most threatening bowler right now. Hilfy isn't causing too much problems and McDonald has been taken for a fair few runs. This is where we needed the spinner or at least another strike bowler.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hope Siddle is fit to bowl as he looks to be our most threatening bowler right now. Hilfy isn't causing too much problems and McDonald has been taken for a fair few runs. This is where we needed the spinner or at least another strike bowler.

Punter should use katman and Pup in this conditions :)

Mermaidman

Club Captain
I think that Johnson is a great bowler but I hope the Aussies don't do what we did with Freddie. Using him as both a strike bowler and a stock bowler at the same time. According to my reseach he has bowled a similar amount of overs to Ntini, Flintoff does the same job but he is keep getting injuries and IMO it is down to him bowling too much at top pace.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Not using him as a stock bowler its just whenever Ponting wants a wicket Johnson is the guy he turns to.
Yes he is being overbowled though an i worry about how long before he breaks down.

Why oh why wont Ponting ever bowl Katich hes always looked dangerous when he bowls and is surely the guy to turn to if North isnt threatening an Clarke has back issues

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The part-timers should come out of the shed if only to give the fast bowlers a rest on a reasonably tiring day. It's known that Katich can be reluctant, but Clarke would probably be keen. There's enough of them and there are enough runs on the board to take a punt. Another good point is that by speeding up the over rate, they might get a good spell with the new ball late today.

Users who are viewing this thread