Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

ajdude

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Heh, after that wide, mum goes "Come on Huffenhaufenhoofenhau, watch what you're doing", and look what happened. It must be like a raindance, we must recite it for Benjamin to take wickets.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good reward for Hilfy who has bowled very well in his 2nd spell. And neither dropped catches today cost us much and funny enough Siddle and Hilfy switched wickets.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
3 more and we will be crowned NO 1 again :happy Siddle ........ yo beauty :D

WORLD CHAMPIONS

We are NO 1 :happy 2-0 :happy didn't see Micky Arthur whole day :laugh

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
There's the series! Katich takes the last couple of wickets, no Smith heroics this time around, and Australia consolidate its title as world number 1 once again :D.

This is the new Australia, a changing of the guard we've been waiting for, we must resist the temptation to bring back the old guys like Lee and Symonds now and persist with this squad (but bring McGain in for McDonald).

WORLD CHAMPIONS

There's the series! Katich takes the last couple of wickets, no Smith heroics this time around, and Australia consolidate its title as world number 1 once again :D.

This is the new Australia, a changing of the guard we've been waiting for, we must resist the temptation to bring back the old guys like Lee and Symonds now and persist with this squad (but bring McGain in for McDonald).

I will like to see to Roy for McDonald. Lee or Clark in for Hilfenhaus :)

Mr.Cricket

Club Cricketer
Australia you little beauty!!1 What a great test win. Everyone said we will get thrashed but even with bunch of rookies we still beat the so called ' best team in the world'. Im so proud to be Australian right now. Just awesome stuff.

Well done to Mitch Johnson , Siddle , Hilfy , Hughes , North , Ronnie Mac......well pretty much everyone. Its so good to see the young guys step up and do so well for Australia. Hopefully we can keep this momentum going and finish them off 3-0. Just one change needed for next match - young fella Bryce McGain in for McDonald. I know we won the last 3matches but we really need a good spinner.

Bad luck to South Africa. They did very well in the last 2 days but it was too little too late for them.

Ps- Australia = #1.:D

PS 2 - Well done to Ricky Ponting. This series shows that he knows how to captain a cricket team with or without legends like Warney and McGrath.

Last edited:

Mars Maximus

International Coach
:happy Yesss wooohooo yay :happy how sweeeeet it is! A great series win, great revenge, and I want it to be 3 nil! Well done to Ricky and the boys, and I hope Huhges is the Don Bradman of the 21st century. So far he's better than the Don, coz the Don was dropped after his first test match I believe lol.

Yea great win indeed! :D

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Surely Aus have to player a spinner in the last test. Even though it will be a seamers pitch in Cape town, we really need to give the frontline spinner the go leading up to the Ashes.

McGain in for McDonald, and Bollinger in for Siddle if his foot doesnt get better.

Question is though, is Hughes the next big star for Austalia, people have been saying it for years on here. Starts off with a 0, but follows up with a 50, 100 and 160. And hes only 20!!:happy

stefan

International Coach
McKenzie dropped. That's the end for his international career I think.

Morkel dropped as well. He will be back just need to sort out his inconsistency. Donald was also very wild when he was young, Morne will learn.

Imraan khan,Wayne Parnel and Prince added to the squad. Prince will also captain the side in Graeme's absence.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
McKenzie dropped. That's the end for his international career I think.

Morkel dropped as well. He will be back just need to sort out his inconsistency. Donald was also very wild when he was young, Morne will learn.

Imraan khan,Wayne Parnel and Prince added to the squad. Prince will also captain the side in Graeme's absence.

Good choice to bring in Khan, he has had a great supersport series and also scored that century against the Aussies in the tour match. Mckenzie can't handle quality pace bowling and deserves, to be dropped, he is not an opener and will never be one.

No so sure about Parnell, their are better bowler playing domestic cricket at the moment. Morne has looked amazing in spells but isn't consistent enough to take wickets. It is good that the players are learning that they have to earn there place.

And well done to the Aussies, you have completely outplayed us in the 2 tests so far. Funny enough, the only to good days were day 4. All we need to do is survive till day 4 and let the day 4 magic take us through.

King Cricket

International Coach
Wow! This is Australia! It's now quite hard to believe that this same team was struggling against the Kiwis in the tests. Talk about silencing critics! Keep it up Panther. We are with you. The Aussies really deserve the No 1 spot. Amazing! How things change, eh?

McKenzie dropped.

Woha! McKenzie dropped!!! Why? For failing in just three matches!

Last edited:

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
McKenzie just hasn't performed against Australia at all. Just a bad run of form.

Only worrying thing is Australia have to really resort to part time spinners in Katich, North and Clarke. I'm pretty settled on the batting, besides McDonald and maybe Husseys test form.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Katich is a pretty dam handy part time spinner. If he put more work on it in the nets and Ponting had the same faith in him he could go somewhere with his spin. Still would get McGain in for McDonald or if they still insist on going 4 pacemen get Geeves, Magoffin or Bollinger in.

Interesting moves by SA but guess you could see them coming. At least they have the balls to drop players unlike our selectors!

Ari

International Cricketer
I have been a huge fan of Boucher over the years but I think the time has come for him to retire from test cricket before he is pushed the team balance will look a lot better if AB de Villiers takes the gloves.

Smith
Amla
Duminy
Kallis
Prince
de Villiers
A Morkel
M Morkel
Harris
Steyn
Ntini

That looks like a far more threatening side to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread