Australia vs England 2006 First Test

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Langer starting off well though :) I'm hearing Lee is batting above Warne which is pity as that was one reason I got him. Having Lee might have been better for captain although I don't know how well he was going to do.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
wow i went for hayden who averages 79 at the gabba instead of langer who has averaged 32 in his last 10 tests ;o nice move guys.

i thought a lot of ppl might go for flintoff as captain, but it seems most of us have opted for warney.

good start by the aussies..im loving this!

pity about harmison but he only needs to hit 1 purple patch

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Giles looks to be the most threatening of the English bowlers along with Flintoff so he would have been a better pick than Hoggard. Plus hes still to bat but hopefully that won't prove costly.

saurabh2185

International Cricketer
I went with Justin Langer as captain. Well it looks like Ponting would have been a better option. Still Langer has done well enough. Also i miss Hussey :(

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have Hayden,Langer n Ponting but unfortunately Hayden is my captain :(

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've got Ponting, Hayden, Martyn and Hussey in my team. So far two choices of mine were good. And I just read that Warne, my captain, has his best record at the Gabba, so not all is lost. :)

gamerkid22

National Board President
ZexyZahid said:
I've got Ponting, Hayden, Martyn and Hussey in my team. So far two choices of mine were good. And I just read that Warne, my captain, has his best record at the Gabba, so not all is lost. :)

Warne can change things around here ..... but if Ponting gets 200 or 250 then he will be a good captain for this game

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ponting can get a double as that will mean he won't bat again while Warne will get 2 digs to make up for it :)

Smack

School Cricketer
^ True

ZexyZahid said:
And I just read that Warne, my captain, has his best record at the Gabba, so not all is lost.
Thats why i made warne my captain.

Top 3 came through for me Octavius :happy

although Harmison is struggling

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
Ponting can get a double as that will mean he won't bat again while Warne will get 2 digs to make up for it :)

Yeah, and that's some good news for me too. So far he scored 17 runs and took a catch. He has some catching up to do with Ponting.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
My only problem is I have stacked with Aussie batsmen like yourself so we won't have the perfect team. But I've also stacked my side with their bowlers so thats makes up for it a bit.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Warne didn't even get a wicket. :eek: Too bad Australia batted again. The ones with Ponting as captain will be on top.

Users who are viewing this thread