12. SI Mahmood
13. MS Panesar
14. KP Pietersen
15. LE Plunkett
16. CMW Read (wicketkeeper)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks for making it. I think I'll make some slight change by putting another Australian in my team, which it will make nine Australians. And I read that Warne got 25 wickets in the previous 4 matches at Adelaide. So the pitch favours spin?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Not really Warne just bowls well on most pitches. MacGill actually has a bad record over there. It's a flat pitch so it will suit the batsmen more than the bowlers and on any flat pitch the spinner bowls a ton of overs where he is likely to get wickets.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well, I can give you a clue already: the only English ones I think I will pick are Pietersen and Flintoff. Maybe I'll include Jones, since he probably have to bat twice, while Gilchrist just once. ;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Lol you read my mind on the keeper but not for that reason more cause Gilly is struggling against England.

Smack

School Cricketer
^ nice thought process but i expect a England fightback...i'll go for Gilly he's got to conquer his fear of England at some point (you cant keep a good man down :p)

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
Batsman 1 Justin Langer
Batsman 2 Matthew Hayden
Batsman 3 Paul Collingwood
Batsman 4 Ricky Ponting
Batsman 5 Kevin Pietersen
Wicket Keeper Adam Gilchrist
All-Rounder 1 Andrew Flintoff
Bowler 1 Shane Warne
Bowler 2 Matthew Hoggard
Bowler 3 Glenn McGrath
Bowler 4 Stephen Harmison

Captain Andrew Flintoff
Bonus 1 Paul Collingwood
Bonus 2 Shane Warne
Bonus 3 Matthew Hayden
Bonus 4 Ricky Ponting

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
This feels like Edgbaston again, since it isn't sure if McGrath will play or not.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well if McGrath doesn't play, we could see an Edgbaston here, so then seven Englishmen isn't bad. But I presume McGrath plays and I'll pick my nine Australian players. :)

And I extended the deadline with an half an hour to 00:30 GMT.

Last edited:

Octavius

Club Cricketer
yeah thanks, i think we need to know if McGraths playing or not before we can finalise.

i am expecting more of the same as the last game really, so i have gone with an australian heavy team, with 4 english.

McGrath is playing...

Batsman 1 Justin Langer *
Batsman 2 Mike Hussey *
Batsman 3 Ricky Ponting (C)
Batsman 4 Damien Martyn *
Batsman 5 Kevin Pietersen *
Wicket Keeper Geraint Jones
All-Rounder 1 Paul Collingwood
Bowler 1 Shane Warne
Bowler 2 Brett Lee
Bowler 3 Stuart Clark
Bowler 4 Andrew Flintoff

i have grave concerns about McGraths fitness, so i have dropped him from my team and taken Collingwood instead.

big move but i really think McGrath will only bowl one good session until he is suffering too much, i heard he was limping on the ground, and having been a bowler myself for many years, i know a heel injury can be really bothersome to bowling well.

good luck guys.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
i had long thoughts about Lee, its a batsman's paradise out there, i was hoping his extra pace would make a difference and he will be a handful if the traditional variable bounce comes into play. Lee has the ability to rip out the vulnerable English tail. But yes i feel he is bowling below his best, but too dangerous to leave out.

Levaing out McGrath is also dangerous, but i feel on a batter wicket where you really have to toil for your wickets, McGrath might just struggle with the heel.

I actually expect Clark and Warney to take most of the wickets.

I have a feeling of al the matches this is the one England should win, if they dont win this i have little hope they will win any.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This pitch is dead flat I don't think the bowlers will be doing too much anyone with a bowler as captain is pretty much stuffed. The English openers look like they will be making some runs so if someone has them they are off to a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread