Australia vs England ODI Series - 7 matches - Sep 4 to Sep 20

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Test Cricket? Pfft, whats that? Lets get onto the real stuff aye? :sarcasm

Lets hope we can leave this series on a high and take out the ODI series at least.

Starts September 4 after a couple of meaningless 20/20 matches.
Code:
Fri Sep 4           
13:00 local | 12:00 GMT
20:00 WST | 21:30 CST | 22:00 EST 	1st ODI - England v Australia
Kennington Oval, London 	
N/A

Sun Sep 6
10:15 local | 09:15 GMT
17:15 WST | 18:45 CST | 19:15 EST 	2nd ODI - England v Australia
Lord's, London 	
N/A

Wed Sep 9          
14:30 local | 13:30 GMT
21:30 WST | 23:00 CST | 23:30 EST 	3rd ODI - England v Australia
The Rose Bowl, Southampton 	
N/A

Sat Sep 12
17:15 WST | 18:45 CST | 19:15 EST 	4th ODI - England v Australia
Lord's, London 	
N/A

Tue Sep 15          
21:30 WST | 23:00 CST | 23:30 EST 	5th ODI - England v Australia
Trent Bridge, Nottingham 	
N/A

Thu Sep 17          
21:30 WST | 23:00 CST | 23:30 EST 	6th ODI - England v Australia
Trent Bridge, Nottingham 	
N/A

Sun Sep 20
17:15 WST | 18:45 CST | 19:15 EST 	7th ODI - England v Australia
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street 	
N/A

P

pcfan123

Aye, give us the night at least. Im not even hung over yet

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Would actually have something to look forward to if Warner, Hughes or some other youngsters were picked for the ODIs. But with our Champions trophy squad already picked this is a nothing series.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Lets win all the matches, and show the poms where they belong

The better team lost the ashes, we deserve the odis now

This was the loss we had to have though, now as the number four team we can really rebuild, instead of safeguarding our no. 1 spot

Still the best cricket team in the world though....

ODI cricket is real cricket!

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Ponting's missing the first 4 games isn't he? Pretty sure they mentioned something about him going home for the first 4 ODi's?

With Flintoff gone from our ODi squad, Trott is looking likely to get the call-up, and has been called up for the Ireland game. Hopefully Trott'll get a go in the Ireland game and get himself a place in the Australia ODI series and the CT squads. Be ridiculous if he doesn't play given he's the 2nd best OD player in England, and just scored a hundred against this Australia side.

I'd like to see us going into the series with:

1. Ravi Bopara
2. Andrew Strauss *
3. Owais Shah
4. Matt Prior +
5. Jonathan Trott
6. Paul Collingwood
7. Luke Wright
8. Stuart Broad
9. Graeme Swann
10. Ryan Sidebottom
11. James Anderson

Unfortunately I see Eoin Morgan playing in place of Jonathan Trott and batting 6.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wtf? Does Belowpara open in ODIs? Sheesh, that could be dangerous don't you think? Especially after being absolutely dominated by our bowlers in 8 straight innings.

OffCutters

International Coach
Yeap, Ponting wont be palying at all in the ODI series i think. Gonna go back to Australia.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Wtf? Does Belowpara open in ODIs? Sheesh, that could be dangerous don't you think? Especially after being absolutely dominated by our bowlers in 8 straight innings.

He did a fine job opening for KXI Punjab in the IPL, and has looked good at the top of the order in ODi's. He's a very talented One Day cricketer, and although he was poor in the Test series, I see him having a good ODi series. If he doesn't, then Joe Denly can step up. I'm backing Ravi to perform though.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I can see Bopara being owned again. I guess Warne was right, I remember him saying something negative about him.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Since when is playing well for your IPL team meant anything in international cricket.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It hasn't, but it shows he's capable of opening the batting, against top quality bowling in limited overs cricket.

Leggie, Warne said that Bopara didn't have the technique or temprament to bat number 3 in Test cricket, but he does regard him as a very talented cricketer, and actually said Ravi should just be moved down the order to 5 or 6 in Test cricket. I think Ravi's going to have a good ODi series, he's a very good One Day player, List A double ton ftw. He's not really done much for England in ODi cricket yet, but he will soon enough, I'd back him to perform better than Joe Denly.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
lets win all the matches, and show the poms where they belong

the better team lost the ashes, we deserve the odis now

this was the loss we had to have though, now as the number four team we can really rebuild, instead of safeguarding our no. 1 spot

still the best cricket team in the world though....

You deserve nothing: you have to earn it. You didn't play well enough at the Oval, that's why you lost. Over the course of the series, apart from Cardiff (where you failed to dispose of England's tail) and Headingley, we completely outplayed you. What is it with you guys, you think you have a God given right to win all the time!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
What's our squad for this? Is it just the test squad? Crap if it is. Ferguson and Warner better be over. Hopefully Binga can fire. But I doubt I'll be watching this. D/N games will start at 11pm just as I'm going to bed. Unless it's on the weekend. But I can't see myself staying up till 7am to watch ODIs even though I did it for the Windies tour last year. :o

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
lets win all the matches, and show the poms where they belong

the better team lost the ashes, we deserve the odis now

this was the loss we had to have though, now as the number four team we can really rebuild, instead of safeguarding our no. 1 spot

still the best cricket team in the world though....

ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Oh btw I thought Flintoff only retired from Test match cricket and was still around for ODI/T20?

Users who are viewing this thread