Sri Lanka tour of India - November/December 2017

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm very impressed with the attitude of Washington Sundar. He looks the part. I think Ashwin's limited overs career is thankfully over.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Matthews has not once in this innings given me the impression that he's trying to get to 393. He's simply trying to make his own runs.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
MS Dhoni wanted to bowl but Rohit turned it down! :mad[DOUBLEPOST=1513173119][/DOUBLEPOST]Lanka didn't get bowled out chasing almost 400 and only got to 250 odd. Says a lot about them as a side.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wow this really makes sense:

If ABD scores fastest hundred, best batting ever; if Rohit hits double hundred, worst bowling ever. :facepalm

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

If ABD scores fastest hundred, best batting ever; if Rohit hits double hundred, worst bowling ever. :facepalm

What? Who said this? And where does AB feature in all of this?

If you're trying to compare the two as batsman my friend, you are absolutely dreaming.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Well for starters I don’t remember AB getting 7 full tosses at 130km/h

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Out of the 3 ODI double hundreds that Rohit has scored, two of them have been against Sri Lanka. SL have in recent times, been many teams' favorite punching bag. I rate his double hundred against Australia (in 2013, Bangalore) as his best innings purely because it came against.... Australia!

I still dont think Rohit Sharma is the ideal guy to open the innings in ODI's. Especially when we tour abroad. Because when conditions are tough, he eats up balls and eventually he is going to get a ball with his name on it. And by that time, the momentum of the innings is sucked up totally and India are in trouble from which they cannot get out of. But the problem is, his double hundreds unfortunately come in the way of moving him down the order.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Out of the 3 ODI double hundreds that Rohit has scored, two of them have been against Sri Lanka. SL have in recent times, been many teams' favorite punching bag. I rate his double hundred against Australia (in 2013, Bangalore) as his best innings purely because it came against.... Australia!

I still dont think Rohit Sharma is the ideal guy to open the innings in ODI's. Especially when we tour abroad. Because when conditions are tough, he eats up balls and eventually he is going to get a ball with his name on it. And by that time, the momentum of the innings is sucked up totally and India are in trouble from which they cannot get out of. But the problem is, his double hundreds unfortunately come in the way of moving him down the order.

I think with Rohit it all depends on the mindset. I've seen him tear apart attacks if he wants to in his youth. He just has a set template now of having a look in and then going for it. I agree with you but that when it doesn't work it's really detrimental to the team. It's a case of addressing his mind. The problem is that we are high on the home results against club level teams. Also, where does Rohit bat if not at the top? Kohli has to be 3 and Dhoni has to be 4. I feel Rohit is too good to be batting there at 5. So, for now, considering the team we have he has to open.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What? Who said this? And where does AB feature in all of this?

If you're trying to compare the two as batsman my friend, you are absolutely dreaming.
I think he means to say that we still should not say that it was just bad bowling which was the reason Rohit made the 200. Cause many are undervaluing him.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On the point above, I still rate SL a better bowling attack than the Windies.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I just LOVE Kuldeep Yadav! He's the greatest thing I've seen after SK Warne! I would 100% play him everywhere in all formats!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That was a good win and a huge win. Lets just get done with this series quickly and go to SA. Even if we get hammered which most probably we will, I am literally dying to see the SA series.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow what a knock by Rohit. Superb stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread