Test Cricket Returning to Pakistan! Sri Lanka to tour Pakistan for a 2-Match Test Series in December

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Abid Ali
Azhar Ali*
Babar Azam
Fawad Alam
Asad Shafiq
Mohammad Rizwan
?
Yasir Shah
Naseem Shah
Shaheen Afridi
?

Shouldn't this be Pakistan's lineup in the next game in Karachi?

Who do you guys reckon should be in those two vacant spots?
Shan Masood will get another game. He is very hard working but sadly, he has not been able to transform that into the games. Babar Azam said in a press conference today that #4 is the best spot for him. He further added that he enjoys playing at 4 than any other number. So, I don't think they they will be messing up with his batting number

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Karachi will be a batting paradise. The last time a test was held there it had scores of 600 and 700 declared. Back in the day, fast bowlers used to get some assistance in morning session, due to breeze from nearby Arabian Sea. But, 10+ years is a long period of time so, I don't know if the conditions have changed. The most likely team will be:

Abid Ali
Shan Masood
Azhar Ali
Babar Azam
Asad Shafique
Haris Sohail / Fawad Alam
Rizwan
Yasir Shah
Shaheen Afridi
Naseem Shah
Mohammad Abbas

Last edited:

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Abid Ali is great batsman, too bad he is 32 years old now, if only he was young because Pakistan needs a world class batsman as we are struggling to produce a great batsman.
He has been in the circuit since last 5 years and Azhar Ali said this about him recently: "He should have been selected 5 years ago. To be honest, it was difficult for us as opponents to plan against him (in donestics) as he has all the shots and temperament"

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He has been in the circuit since last 5 years and Azhar Ali said this about him recently: "He should have been selected 5 years ago. To be honest, it was difficult for us as opponents to plan against him (in donestics) as he has all the shots and temperament"
Yeah we need to start using these players like Abid Ali mostly batsman as we are struggling with batsman right now, we can't relay on Babar Azam all the times.
Pakistan can learn from India when it came to Fitness and training.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I'm not sure whether Azhar actually said that, and I'm also very lazy to fact check it for myself.

But I'm pretty sure that somewhere I saw some really reliable journalist or analyst say that Abid Ali was average in the first half of his career. He had a mediocre average and was very inconsistent, so how do you expect anyone to select an average batsman into the Test team, obviously not knowing that he'd get a lot better in the next five years?

I think it is very unfair to criticise someone over the 'snub' of Abid Ali in earlier parts of his career.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm not sure whether Azhar actually said that, and I'm also very lazy to fact check it for myself.

But I'm pretty sure that somewhere I saw some really reliable journalist or analyst say that Abid Ali was average in the first half of his career. He had a mediocre average and was very inconsistent, so how do you expect anyone to select an average batsman into the Test team, obviously not knowing that he'd get a lot better in the next five years?

I think it is very unfair to criticise someone over the 'snub' of Abid Ali in earlier parts of his career.
I read this comment of Azhar somewhere on the internet but can't really remember where. I am not criticising somebody on not selecting him but I just mentioned what Azhar said

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good to see Azhar and Masood back in form. Babar is just Babar. Now need to wrap them up.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The defensiveness of Azhar's captaincy is astounding. Deep point, deep midwicket and just two slips and a gully, when the ooposition are 130/5 chasing almost 500. Just plain stupid. Shaheen is moving the ball away from the batsmen, so how would they even hit it through midwicket?[DOUBLEPOST=1577013844][/DOUBLEPOST]Now there's an edge outside off, and instead of adding a slip, he moves third man back.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Dilruwan comes in and just 2 slips :facepalm

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Nassem Shah :yes
I really admire and love the commitment and dedication of Naseem, who decided to stay with the national team when his mother passed away. She would have been really proud today. I really hope and believe that him and Shaheen will make an excellent duo.

I can't stop thinking that Shaheen, Naseem, Musa, Hasnain, Sameen Gul and Akif Javed will be playing for Pakistan and I already have sympathies for the captain and coach who will have to select 3-4 fast bowlers from them. The Pakistan fast bowling unit will be a scary one for the opponents, if they all stay on the right track and superstar syndrome doesn't get to their heads

Last edited:

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I really hate (most of) Pakistani journalists. They have no manners. Not long ago, one journalist called Dickwella De Silva and asked him if he was looking to score a ton and he replied that he had got out on 33. Earlier, a journalist tried to get attention through saying that Shaheen Afridi had passed racist remarks and that all proved out to be a fraud.

Journalists are constanty asking Naseem about his dead mother. Would she be proud today? Did she want to you to play cricket? How much did she love you? etc. One question is fine but bombarding a 16 Year old lad with these type of questions is not right. He started crying in the middle of the press conference. I will try to find some video of it.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I really hate (most of) Pakistani journalists. They have no manners. Not long ago, one journalist called Dickwella De Silva and asked him if he was looking to score a ton and he replied that he had got out on 33. Earlier, a journalist tried to get attention through saying that Shaheen Afridi had passed racist remarks and that all proved out to be a fraud.

Journalists are constanty asking Naseem about his dead mother. Would she be proud today? Did she want to you to play cricket? How much did she love you? etc. One question is fine but bombarding a 16 Year old lad with these type of questions is not right. He started crying in the middle of the press conference. I will try to find some video of it.

Wow that's appaling stuff

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

Dickwella de Silva is Pakistani?

Users who are viewing this thread