England tour of Pakistan - 7 T20Is, 3 Tests

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Just woke up to see the score. This is a tour that we will want to soon forget. But looking at the changes coming up for PCB I am not very hopeful for the future either. I hope I am wrong.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
55 from 5 should have been a cakewalk. Umpires just ruined ENG chances........

.......for a day :lol

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Bazball or not, losing 3-0 at home is not acceptable at any level. Forgive me if I am wrong but looking at the scoreboard, I do not see one person grinding it out. The over reliance on Babar is mind boggling across format and as I had mentioned after 2021 T20 WC, he is bound to fail, all players do.. what will you do Pakistan? Because of all the peanut cricket since last 2 years with 2 back to back T20 WC's, I have followed Pakistan cricket enough. My conclusion? Stop over relying on Babar, dont break his back by letting him take the entire burden, help him and surround him with players who take equal responsibilities.

Also again 0-3 drubbing at home is just unacceptable in 2022 when home field has to be advantageous

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
England scoring more in a Test powerplay than India do in most T20Is :facepalm

On a serious note, Pakistan will have some thinking to do. But given how the subcontinent management deals with losses, I doubt anything radical is going to happen. The disdain shown by this England side is very scary.

<frantically checks when England is touring India next>

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Abdullah Shafique
Mohammad Hurraira
Shan Masood
Babar
Saud
Agha Salman
Rizwan
Nauman (edit - I'd probably rather see Zafar Gohar in the team)
Wasim Jr
Abrar
A pace bowler who is fit

THat's how I'd like to see Pakistan line up v New Zealand.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Abdullah Shafique
Mohammad Hurraira
Shan Masood
Babar
Saud
Agha Salman
Rizwan
Nauman (edit - I'd probably rather see Zafar Gohar in the team)
Wasim Jr
Abrar
A pace bowler who is fit

THat's how I'd like to see Pakistan line up v New Zealand.
Even an Englishman on the internet knows better than our current lot

Bevab

Staff Member
I’m normally not a fan of white ball cricketers being given extended runs in tests but Shadab should be playing IMO. At the least he needs to be in the test cricket pathway. He’s too talented to be skipping out on FC cricket and tests when the current lot are this poor.
Post automatically merged:

He’s an adopted desi.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I’m normally not a fan of white ball cricketers being given extended runs in tests but Shadab should be playing IMO. At the least he needs to be in the test cricket pathway. He’s too talented to be skipping out on FC cricket and tests when the current lot are this poor.
Post automatically merged:

He’s an adopted desi.
I reckon they can give a go at Usman Qadir too. For Shahdab's position, there is already Nawaz who plays a similar role in the side.

Bevab

Staff Member
I reckon they can give a go at Usman Qadir too. For Shahdab's position, there is already Nawaz who plays a similar role in the side.

I’m not sure if you’re serious as Qadir doesn’t even deserve to be in the T20 side which is his strongest format.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I think Pakistan need to pick their best seven batters, regardless of economy rates it has been the batting that's let Pakistan down. Don't necessarily know if those are them but I think Saud and Agha have shown promise. Someone with experience, like Shan, would be good to give a run in Azhar's position at 3.

Feels pointless picking all rounders like Faheem or Mohammad Nawaz - particularly if they aren't going to get a bowl. Saud and Agha can offer enough with the ball (if Babar can remember they exist).

Agree with @Bevab though, Shadab Khan is probably the only all rounder (like Stokes, Green, Jadeja) who could make a realistic claim as one of the best seven batters or at least worthy of trying in that role. Mubasir Khan seems to have decent numbers though. Could be one to keep an eye out for.

Last edited:

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I’m not sure if you’re serious as Qadir doesn’t even deserve to be in the T20 side which is his strongest format.
Granted that thus far he hasn't been able to make a huge mark but Zampa was quite similar few years ago if you remember. Personally, I like how he is old school with his action and has the potential to be an attacking spinner will proper guidance. I am sure with someone like Saqlain, his bags of tricks would amplify and might become a potent weapon for Pakistan in times to come.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Imagine being the only side in the world that plays at home or the best part of 20 years and when a touring side comes over after 17 years - you get a clean sweep in every department after knowing fully well what their approach will be.

It is so annoying to see the same approach to Pakistan's game as was 20 years ago as will be 20 years in the future. The wasted debut of Mohammad Ali.

People keep saying bring this person in or bring that person in - does it matter if they're gonna do the same thing these lots are doing now?

Even when your best bowler is Abrar Ahmed, he is still going for over 20 a wicket in this series. No half measures from England - they know they will lose a wicket but they know they can score 20/30 runs per wicket so it doesn't matter. So what do we do - bat ourselves in to box and then lose all out wickets in a lump!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Has anyone realized that the career stats of Azhar Ali and Cheteshwar Pujara look very similar yet Azhar has been ridiculed as a burden to the side while Pujara has been lauded as a hero for recent exploits (including the series in Australia). Has Azhar been a low ranked team bully of late to warrant himself that sort of tantrums? Pretty sure he wouldn't have played this Test had he not announced his retirement.

Azhar Ali:

View attachment 273886

Cheteshwar Pujara:

View attachment 273887

If I remember correctly, Pujara used to average around 50-ish a calendar year until COVID hit, and then he had a little slump. I remember him playing a lot of solid innings in Australia, and England after a small collapse at the top and his ability to hold up an end whilst the guy at the other end attacked.

Azhar Ali was tipped to be the man to take over the Test Side post-Misbah and Younis Khan's retirement, he even became captain and played the same brand of cricket and we lost a bunch of games. Plus, he wanted to lead the ODI side and had to transform his slow approach to fit ODI cricket - which he did a few times very successfully (ala 2017 CT, and a few series against Sri Lanka in the UAE). But in general, when we weren't playing on the boring docile tracks of UAE, he was mediocre at best (maybe a little unfair because his performances were crucified during a turbulent time trying to create a Test side without the older guys).

He averaged 30 odd in England, WI and NZ (where we were trashed resoundingly), and averaged 15 odd in South Africa. His average is heavily propped up by his UAE average of 54 where the pitches are stupidly flat for the first 3 days and we played a bunch of games against WI and Sri Lanka.

Maybe that was a little unfair on him - but I honestly feel that he had a lot more quality in him than his average and his performances suggest. He proved it when he played County Cricket or during his short stint in ODI but may be due to management or for whatever reason - he seemed to prefer just playing out over after over without the solid cricketing technique of someone like Pujara.

Users who are viewing this thread