England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters

dazza76

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oct 26 England Arrive in Pakistan
Oct 31- Nov 2 Tour match (Rawalpindi)
Nov 6-8 Tour match (Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore)
Nov 12-16 First Test (Multan)
Nov 20-24 Second Test (Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad)
Nov 29-Dec 3 Third Test (Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore)
Dec 7 One-day warm-up (Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore)
Dec 10 First ODI (Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore)
Dec 12 Second ODI (Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore)
Dec 15 Third ODI (National Stadium, Karachi)
Dec 19 Fourth ODI (Rawalpindi)
Dec 21 Fifth ODI (Rawalpindi)
Dec 22 England team fly home.

Only 7 weeks until England's tour of Pakistan gets under way and this series will present England with a good test after there heroics in the Ashes.
Pakistan are an inconsistent team but i believe on there day they have the potential to be more than match for England.
I am particularly loking forward to seeing the leg spin of Danish Kaneria who is a real talent.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This should be interesting. Kaneria is a very good leg spin bowler. Ahktar well enough said. :D

I must say this is one long tour. Starts in Oct finishes in Dec. Should be a great series. England need to continue their domination on their trek to become number 1. Pakistan would want to become more consistent with their performances. Preferably consistently good, not consistently losing. ;)

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Blimey, only 7 weeks... :p
One we really should win as we won there last time with a weaker team but who knows?

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Pakistan grounds are not modern compared to England and so it would be a kind of boring series.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mahesh Babu said:
Pakistan grounds are not modern compared to England and so it would be a kind of boring series.

For this guy, anything is boring!!!

Other than that, should be an interesting series! Pakistan are shaping up very well under Woolmer. Akthar would be itching to be back with a bang and show that he still is a useful performer! Kaneria has grown tremendously as a leg spinner! The batting is better now with Younis Khan, Inzamam and Youhana!

Should be an interesting series! My money is on Pakistan to win it (I always support Pakistan no matter who the other team as long as it is not India!)

Come on Pakistan!!!

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Mahesh Babu said:
Now what does modern stuff have to do with it?

As far as I am concerned, Pakistan stadiums have a big screen, electric scoreboard, I see no differance in technology from England stadiums and Pakistan stadiums, so SHUT UP.

Theyve also got consessions, and all that gr8 stuff :P

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
zMario said:
Now what does modern stuff have to do with it?

As far as I am concerned, Pakistan stadiums have a big screen, electric scoreboard, I see no differance in technology from England stadiums and Pakistan stadiums, so SHUT UP.

Theyve also got consessions, and all that gr8 stuff :P

hey buddy, dont get tensed. for that guy 'Mahesh babu', anything other than England and Australia is boring! If you followed the India-Zimbabwe two test series thread, you would be knowing what I'm talking!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Don't worry about that boring guy.

And could you add a poll of who do you think will win the Test series? And when the Test series are finished change the poll into who will win the ODI series.

I predict Pakistan to win the ODI series. They're really in form in that part.

But the Test series is a good challenge between Pakistan and England.

The England tour squad will be announced at the England and Wales Cricket Board offices at Lord's on 19 September: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4213208.stm

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My heart was beating faster and faster when I clicked on this thread and realized there are only seven weeks to go. My palms got sweaty and I could feel the blood rushing to my brain. This is how excited I am about this series....

Sando

Club Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
My heart was beating faster and faster when I clicked on this thread and realized there are only seven weeks to go. My palms got sweaty and I could feel the blood rushing to my brain. This is how excited I am about this series....

You might like to think about taking a cold shower and a lie down, it sounds as though your health may be in danger. ;)

This shapes up to be a great series, Pakistan certainly in with a shot in the ODI's but imo no chance in the Test series. Pakistan never seem to be able to play consistently well even though one Test match. I'm sure with players such as Kaneria, Shoaib, Inzi and Youhanna Pakistan with have their moments, but I personally can't see them putting it together long enough to win the series against England.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong, somebody needs to knock these English fans down a peg or two! ;)

dazza76

Club Cricketer
ZexyZahid said:
Don't worry about that boring guy.

And could you add a poll of who do you think will win the Test series? And when the Test series are finished change the poll into who will win the ODI series.

I predict Pakistan to win the ODI series. They're really in form in that part.

But the Test series is a good challenge between Pakistan and England.

The England tour squad will be announced at the England and Wales Cricket Board offices at Lord's on 19 September: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4213208.stm

Not sure how to add a poll mate or i would have done it. perhaps one of the mods would be kind enough to add one to this thread.

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
England will crush the pakistanis into pieces this time.Pieterson are you listening?

Users who are viewing this thread