England Confirm Pakistan Tour Dates

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England confirm Pakistan dates

England will play three Tests and five one-day internationals on their tour of Pakistan this winter, having finally agreed their itinerary after lengthy negotiations with the Pakistan Cricket Board.

The tour, which gets underway on October 26, includes a solitary one-day game at the disputed venue of Karachi, while the first Test will take place at the PCB's favoured location of Multan, and not Rawalpindi, the alternative suggested by the England & Wales Cricket Board.

In a change from the format on the last England tour to Pakistan in 2000-01, the Tests will take place first, with the Multan match launching the series on November 12. The second Test at Faisalabad begins on November 20, and the third, at the Gadaffi Stadium in Lahore, on November 29.

England have two non-first-class warm-up matches to prepare for the Tests. The first starts in Rawalpindi on October 31, although if the Muslim festival of Eid falls on the third and final day of that fixture, then there will be no play on that day. After the Tests they switch formats, with five one-day internationals in 11 days - two in Lahore, one in Karachi, and two in Rawalpindi - before the team flies home for Christmas on Dec 21.

Though the schedule has been agreed in principle, the ECB stressed that the tour would only go ahead subject to on-going advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and their own security advisers. "The safety and security of the tour party, travelling media and supporters is a top priority on any England tour," said John Carr, the ECB's director of cricket operations. "The tour to Pakistan is no exception."

The ECB also added that they believed Multan to be "an outstanding cricketing facility". The prime reason for suggesting Rawalpindi as an alternative Test venue was because of the greater number of international-class hotels in that area, to accommodate the team, media and travelling spectators.

Tour dates

Oct 26 Arrive in Pakistan
Oct 31- Nov 2 Tour match (Rawalpindi)
Nov 6-8 Tour match (Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore)
Nov 12-16 First Test (Multan)
Nov 20-24 Second Test (Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad)
Nov 29-Dec 3 Third Test (Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore)
Dec 7 One-day warm-up (Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore)
Dec 10 First ODI (Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore)
Dec 12 Second ODI (Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore)
Dec 15 Third ODI (National Stadium, Karachi)
Dec 19 Fourth ODI (Rawalpindi)
Dec 21 Fifth ODI (Rawalpindi)
Dec 22 England team fly home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://content.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/214530.html

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Good news, the Pakistan tour will be interesting. I just hope there's nothing iffy about the venues to put the spectators, players or media under any danger.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I just hope that the English players are scared about security issues and we are able to steam roll over them. :D :D

MAJID-A

School Cricketer
England should not be worried about security, Pakistan has one of teh best security squads in the world, the whole of the Indian tour in 2004 had not even a single incident which is great credit to the special forces in Pakistan.

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
Inzamam hits out at England?s Karachi Test stance

KARACHI: Pakistan?s experienced cricket campaigner Inzamam-ul-Haq has joined the list of people who feel that the England cricket authorities had taken an unjustified stand in rejecting a proposal to play a Test match in Karachi on their coming tour in winter.

The senior team captain said on Wednesday that he didn?t see any direct security threat to the England team in any city of Pakistan including Karachi.

"Nothing has happened to any touring side in Pakistan so why the England team should have only security concerns about playing in Karachi is a big surprise to me," he said.

Former captains Javed Miandad and Wasim Akram have also criticised the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) for their decision to express security concerns about playing more than one match in Karachi and they also feel the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) should have done more to get their way.

England are due to tour Pakistan from October 26 for three Tests and five One-day Internationals. They will play only one game, a one-dayer, in Karachi in December for security reasons.

All their other matches are in the central Punjab province something that has irked the passionate followers of the game and the cricket association of Karachi.

Inzamam asked the England cricket authorities/players to review their decision not to play a Test match in Karachi and felt if they changed their mind it would earn them a lot of goodwill in different quarters specially among the people of Pakistan.

"I don?t feel good about not being able to play at all our major cricket centres and Karachi is one of them. It is disappointing and takes the shine of what should be a absorbing series.

"When India played last year in Karachi no untoward incident took place and everything went well. I think Karachi being a major centre deserves to host a Test."

The Pakistan captain also insisted that it was for the England board and players to accept the hard reality that no city in the world was safe today from terrorist attacks.

"That is a fact of life we all have to accept. Particularly after what happened in London recently. So why should Karachi only be singled out?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://216.167.27.246/thenews/aug2005-daily/04-08-2005/sports/s4.htm

KyleP

School Cricketer
should be a fine finish to the year after winning the ashes , and then winning pakistan...

hopefully security will be top class

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Yea, this should be a challenge for England but not too big a one. Should win test series comfortably. One-dayers may be a bit more difficult tho

zohaib19

School Cricketer
well i guess pakistan is a far more better side then england as compared because the series is in pakistan not in england if it had been in england then i must have statwed england as favourite but now its even stevens no one is better ...i know england won last time around the test series but i believe pakistan r in good form as well...england r playin really well

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I have to disagree, England will go into the series as favourites no doubt. Pakistan lack in test cricket. I watched them against Australia during the winter and they were poor apart from the odd performance and Danesh Kaneria

usy

Chairman of Selectors
now this is interresting tour ... hope sky sports show it man
??

Users who are viewing this thread