England tour of Pakistan - 7 T20Is, 3 Tests

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Benjamin Andrew Stokes!

I know there have been some serious all rounders in the history of this beautiful game but I think I have finally seen someone who trumps Imran Khan now in every department. I don't care about his stats. Bloke is a serious cricketer and easily now my pick in an all time cricket XI. The format doesn't matter!

Really want to ask the blokes who were out for his head after his pub rage episode? I'm so chuffed for Stokes and England in general. India loves to rave about their depth in talent but I have been saying for ages now that England's depth is scary. I will say though that India is the only side that can take this English team down.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Benjamin Andrew Stokes!

I know there have been some serious all rounders in the history of this beautiful game but I think I have finally seen someone who trumps Imran Khan now in every department. I don't care about his stats. Bloke is a serious cricketer and easily now my pick in an all time cricket XI. The format doesn't matter!

I think there are allrounders or players that define their generation and game during their era. Imran Khan breathed life into the dull Pakistani side and was a captain like we have never had - aggressive, well-mannered, and a true fighter. Viv came and changed the game in no small terms - dominated sides and beat the colonizers at their own game.

Stokes is surely heading in their path to be a defining player in this generation if he continues - I feel like Andrew Flintoff his stats don't really tell the story of his talent.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not sure about that! India does not have the bowling yet away from home to take down the new England side.

The last time India went there, they had England very much on the ropes and I think we won 2-1 till we had a one off test. Also, whitewashing PAK in PAK and winning in India are two very different things. We have more than enough spinners to win against England in India. India is not in the same league as England with the white ball but we are a much better red ball side and have been the best team in the format of the last 5 years, even if we have under achieved.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Eh?

A truly dreadful cricket pitch. The demerit point was fully deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread