Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
till india's senior dont take the initiative to step down and give youngsters a change things arent going to improve for them.i have a feeling that even bcci is afraid of taking any step because the names and past performances of them

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India can't very well pick a new captain until they establish something resembling a new team, complete with long term captaincy options. Otherwise, it's just shuffling around porfolios like a desperate government trying to appear to be doing something.

But the thing is, we have a non-performing captain and seeing his technique, we know he is not going to withstand tough conditions anymore in his future.

But I think they might continue with Dhoni because seeing that he is hinting at test retirement in 2013 and with India not having an overseas (ie. outside the subcontinent) test until Nov 2013, Dhoni might be persisted with till then while we groom Virat Kohli and have him take over as captain sometime in 2013.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
till india's senior dont take the initiative to step down and give youngsters a change things arent going to improve for them.i have a feeling that even bcci is afraid of taking any step because the names and past performances of them

----------

till india's senior dont take the initiative to step down and give youngsters a change things arent going to improve for them.i have a feeling that even bcci is afraid of taking any step because of the names and past performances of them

----------

till india's senior dont take the initiative to step down and give youngsters a change things arent going to improve for them.i have a feeling that even bcci is afraid of taking any step because of the names and past performances of them

----------

IDK about BCCI but we surely got your point.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
don't think it was. south africa have dominated win/loss ratios away in recent times, their complete uselessness at home to get the job done is why they're never number 1.

though india were second in terms of win loss ratio to them in the 2007-2010 period following the decline of australia, their 0-8 drubbing from england and australia has wiped out those records now. I know you hate india war but they were better away from home than england or australia in that period.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really?. Which period was this?

If we just keep aside last 7 Months from Indian Test cricket, then this is India Record at away from home in last 8-9 Years, which is second best after Australia.

Played: 43
Won: 18
Lost: 11
Draw: 15
W/L: 1.63

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...2003;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team

and in Last 4 years (jan 2007 to jan 2011)

India away record was still 2nd best.

Team records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

War

Chairman of Selectors
If we just keep aside last 7 Months from Indian Test cricket, then this is India Record at away from home in last 8-9 Years, which is second best after Australia.

Played: 43
Won: 18
Lost: 11
Draw: 15
W/L: 1.63

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...2003;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team

and in Last 4 years (jan 2007 to jan 2011)

India away record was still 2nd best.

Team records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Ok cool was just making sure.

----------

I know you hate india war but they were better away from home than england or australia in that period.

No i don't. :facepalm

teamindia

Club Cricketer
A new day, a new team , a new format. Hope India can change things now !!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Glenn McGrath : We will win the world cup undefeated..!! [2003]
People called him "arrogant".
Result :- Australia won the 2003 World Cup being undefeated.

Glenn McGrath : We Will win the World Cup undefeated...!! [2007]
People called him "over confident".
Result :- Australia won the 2007 World Cup being undefeated.

Glenn McGrath : Australia will Whitewash India 4-0 in the test series...!! [2011]
People called him "idiot".
Result :- Australia humiliated India and won 4-0.

Glenn McGrath : We won't let Sachin get to his 100th ton in the series...!! [2011]
People called that "impossible".
Result :- Sachin still struggling to get that feat.

Now what do you have to say bout it arrogants??
Now what do you have to say bout it over confident morons??
Now what do you have to say bout it idiots??

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Glenn McGrath : We will win the world cup undefeated..!! [2003]
People called him "arrogant".
Result :- Australia won the 2003 World Cup being undefeated.

Glenn McGrath : We Will win the World Cup undefeated...!! [2007]
People called him "over confident".
Result :- Australia won the 2007 World Cup being undefeated.

Glenn McGrath : Australia will Whitewash India 4-0 in the test series...!! [2011]
People called him "idiot".
Result :- Australia humiliated India and won 4-0.

Glenn McGrath : We won't let Sachin get to his 100th ton in the series...!! [2011]
People called that "impossible".
Result :- Sachin still struggling to get that feat.

Now what do you have to say bout it arrogants??
Now what do you have to say bout it over confident morons??
Now what do you have to say bout it idiots??

1.2 Billion People said before world cup started to rest of the world, that we will win 2011 WC at home. So if 1.2 billion people can get prediction right all together, then surely mcgrath can also get his prediction right. :D

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
1.2 Billion People said before world cup started to rest of the world, that we will win 2011 WC at home. So if 1.2 billion people can get prediction right all together, then surely mcgrath can also get his prediction right. :D

lol that guy is an absolute idiot. Leave the poor kid alone.

Users who are viewing this thread