ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
And he has left for no reason
It is considerably worse: it's entirely CA's fault. They only offered him 12 months extension I believe, as they were still not happy with... something about the team?

Twelve months ago, after the India series, I'd have said it was justified. Now... not sure.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
It is considerably worse: it's entirely CA's fault. They only offered him 12 months extension I believe, as they were still not happy with... something about the team?

Twelve months ago, after the India series, I'd have said it was justified. Now... not sure.

Sounds like it was maybe even only a 6 month extension. Madness

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Honestly, I don't think it's madness. From the outside looking in, Langer seemed like an awful person to work for, and the players going out and getting results doesn't especially change that.

But CA could certainly have handled it better than they did - if you don't want him, don't offer an extension. Thank him for his services to Australian cricket, and say that the World Cup and Ashes triumph show that he leaves the team in a better state than he found it

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They only offered him 12 months extension I believe, as they were still not happy with... something about the team?
Wasn't it a 6-month extension, at least that's what I remember reading. Feel like he did the right thing. No point taking up a short term role.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Wasn't it a 6-month extension, at least that's what I remember reading. Feel like he did the right thing. No point taking up a short term role.
Yeah I didn't have all the facts in the right order then, sorry all

Users who are viewing this thread