Pakistan tour of Australia (Dec 2016 - Jan 2017)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He's getting his banana swing back. He troubled Warner massively in the first few overs in every match. He should stay. Wahab needs to go. He's overrated as hell.
It does not matter if his banana swing is back. The bottom line is he hasnt taken wickets. If Pakistan bowling bowled well and restricted Australia to 260-280 ish I would say Pakistan would have had a much better decent batting chance. Amir is what Starc is to Australia. Not comparing but defining the value.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It does not matter if his banana swing is back. The bottom line is he hasnt taken wickets. If Pakistan bowling bowled well and restricted Australia to 260-280 ish I would say Pakistan would have had a much better decent batting chance. Amir is what Starc is to Australia. Not comparing but defining the value.
You took our fielding out of the equation.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
If Pakistan has any, remotely any sense, they'll beg Wasim Akram to join the coaching staff. May be even be appointed head coach or at least have some sort of role in their administration or involvement somehow someway. But, knowing them, they will probably approach Shoaib Akhtar who will accept and then the captain and coach will have a brawl.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I would agree that Aamir should stay in the squad, He is just getting there with his swing but he is no Wasim Akram we should all come out of dream. On Wahab Riaz, I can't agree more with Wasim Akram with his quote that "We have to stop saying that Wahab bowled a great spell against Australian in World Cup, Should come out of that Spell. A Spell is one which delivers a match winning performance, Had Watson catch taken, the situation might have been different but there IF in that... "

Wahab has only one chance left I feel, Try him with the New ball in one or two matches and then see what he does, however having already at Number 8th, You don't have much choices.

People talk about Pakistan batting but there is also serious concern on the bowling as well. All in all, They need to be gelled together under a strong and aggressive captain.

I don't think so Shoaib Akhtar would be approached, If PCB wants to get some benefit from him, He should be hired to coach the players in NCA and in the domestic circuit. He has got loads of experience how to take wickets.

I am all for a local coach and for that I feel like Aaqib is the one who can guide them but a coach should remember that Captain is still the captain of the ship. Coach can mentor and provide an assistant role, In Cricket, Captain is the Main Man.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I would agree that Aamir should stay in the squad, He is just getting there with his swing but he is no Wasim Akram we should all come out of dream. On Wahab Riaz, I can't agree more with Wasim Akram with his quote that "We have to stop saying that Wahab bowled a great spell against Australian in World Cup, Should come out of that Spell. A Spell is one which delivers a match winning performance, Had Watson catch taken, the situation might have been different but there IF in that... "

Wahab has only one chance left I feel, Try him with the New ball in one or two matches and then see what he does, however having already at Number 8th, You don't have much choices.

People talk about Pakistan batting but there is also serious concern on the bowling as well. All in all, They need to be gelled together under a strong and aggressive captain.

I don't think so Shoaib Akhtar would be approached, If PCB wants to get some benefit from him, He should be hired to coach the players in NCA and in the domestic circuit. He has got loads of experience how to take wickets.

I am all for a local coach and for that I feel like Aaqib is the one who can guide them but a coach should remember that Captain is still the captain of the ship. Coach can mentor and provide an assistant role, In Cricket, Captain is the Main Man.

Amir is not Akram. No doubt. No one can be. But, you shouldn't come out of that dream because he can be every bit as good and trust me, I regard Akram as the all time greatest fast bowler and for me to say that Amir could be every bit as good is a bit painful. Why? I used to properly hate Akram. Why? I watched him in my teens and inevitably, even on the flattest of flattest decks he would destroy India. The nostalgia of hating someone in your youth often turns into immense respect as a grown up. I remember, I used to be petrified whenever I saw Akram with ball in hand and I have NO qualms in saying that I had no such fears when people like McGrath were with ball in hand. So, it's a bit painful to say that Amir could be as good.

However, the comparison is not fair. Let's face it, Amir is a huge talent. Yes, perhaps as talented as Akram. But, Akram had the wise guidance of Imran Khan and Javed Miandad to aid him with not just his skills but also his mindset. Back in the day, Pakistan was never ever out of a contest. Every time you felt that the game was over, a fighting spirit would emerge and they would pull of victories from the jaws of defeat. Also, the lack of infrastructure and fitness was very very overshadowed by talent. In today's day and age you will just be caught pants down. The most important thing for me is that Akram had the likes of Younis, Javed, Saqlain, M Ahmed, Imran Khan, Akhtar, Mahmood and Razzaq as part of his attack at different stages in his career. For the past decade, while Pakistan have produced good bowlers, there have been none of that calibre and no one who has consistently kept his place in the side and become a world beater. Not to mention, the fielding and catching is worse than before.

In my opinion, at least in terms of bowling, Pakistan have a wealth of talent. They just need to pick 5-6 people around the 25 year old mark who are fit and who can form a core around Amir. You also need to give an attack 2-3 years to learn. In Pakistan, if you don't perform in 3 games, the whole system is blamed. Then the person is dropped, if the captain backs him they blame him for playing favouritism and if he doesn't they say this is the difference between him and Imran Khan. Then suddenly, after having been dropped 3 years back this player will make a comeback only to be dropped and recalled 3 years later. It's just a big joke. Pick 20-25 young chaps. Back them and rotate them. Keep them fresh, make them feel important and just create a huge reef between the media and the team. Pick a coach with an understanding and not a reputation. Let the board do the administration and keep them far away from the cricket.

Akhtar is good for TV. He's the last person who should be given any responsibility around the team.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I understand your view, Back in 2009, He was looking that kind of prospect, but after 7 years, making a return like this is still appreciative but he needs some time to get on that track and people should leave the Akram image out from their mind in comparison to Aamir, until or unless he gives that kind of magic once again which we haven't seen yet. Aaqib pointed out rightly that his action is not getting complete and he needs some rework with someone. I agree that Akram had the great backing and guidance of Imran Khan but that talent and hardwork was rare as well, Akram put a lot of hardwork and practice as he says, I am not sure how Aamir is progressing on that. He has been used badly no doubt with lots of matches but the media hype and expectations should get a cut while I back that he should stay in the squad.

I really liked the attack of Junaid and Aamir, both are similar kind of bowlers with almost same pace and swings. Their combo can work wonders if they work hard, although Junaid is looking rusty at the moment but there were glimpses of his old magic in this tour. Their on-field rivalry can be very beneficial for the team.

Yeah Akhtar himself said that He can't do a job and happy for the TV talk, but I'd say that PCB should take advantage of his experience some way or the other, it can be worked out, Nothing is impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread