Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pretty harsh. He's already a good bowler, he proved that last night. He'll never be a great bowler, but he's certainly a good bowler. I'd like to see how he'd cope with bowling 10 overs in an ODi, he managed a full 10 for South Australia the other day, so he's capable of bowling 10 overs, just a matter of how you'd use him. Could get 3 overs with the new ball, and then use him in 2 over spells purely as a strike bowler after that. I think he'd be handy to have in the ODi side, especially if you've got bowlers like Hopes and Clarke that can fill in a couple of overs if Tait goes for a few runs. Get him in the side, everyone loves seeing a genuinely fast bowler, there's no more exciting discipline in the game AFAIC. I think he could definitely do a job, would be a good way to buck the modern trend of teams primarily looking to contain for 50 overs instead of take wickets.

He is a good 20/20 bowler but other then that he isn't much because he doesn't play anything else. Thats why I said he will never be a good bowler because he probably wont play test cricket for the rest of his career.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He's retired from FC cricket, so a return to Test cricket would be incredibly unlikely. Even so, I still regard him as a good bowler. Anyone that can bowl at 150-160k's, with decent accuracy, a good slower ball and a mean bouncer has to be a good bowler. Just a shame he's been so unfortunate with injuries.

P

pcfan123

Tait's accuracy last night was a rarety, he is usually spraying all over the place like a garden hose

TumTum

International Cricketer
Tait's accuracy last night was a rarety, he is usually spraying all over the place like a garden hose

In T20 it doesn't really matter, as long as you don't bowl 4 wides an over.

Being predictable is probably the worst thing you can do.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
any 1 remember AB getting injured? during that tour he was very expensive

P

pcfan123

If Tait played all the matches of a 5 or even 3 ODI series he would be injured at the end for sure. Best to use him like a baseball pitcher. A few 2020s here and there with lots of time to rest and heal.

Like dare said, he will never be anywhere close to being a "great" bowler and in a few years time he will be retired.

As much fun as he is to watch, guys with a little less pace but a million times more consistency are miles above him. Lee, Steyn, Mitch, Bond etc

Id rather have Nannes in the ODI side as despite his age, he would last longer.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
He'd be better of as a freelance T20 player, who plays all the international games as well.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
If Tait played all the matches of a 5 or even 3 ODI series he would be injured at the end for sure. Best to use him like a baseball pitcher. A few 2020s here and there with lots of time to rest and heal.

Like dare said, he will never be anywhere close to being a "great" bowler and in a few years time he will be retired.

He knows he is no where near being selected for the ODI or Test team. So he is trying to make a name for himself.

And good on him, if I were him, I would do the same. No point just wondering around at domestic level achieving nothing.

Really?? Does no one remember the past? Watch the 2007 World Cup. No Brett Lee, so who steps in? Shaun Tait, equal 2nd highest wicket taker in the tournament. But no - surely not he can't play without getting injured and he's too inconsistent...

You'll say: well he was better back then. Well I say, he bowled the fastest he's EVER bowled LAST NIGHT. Give the man some fitness and surely he'll be able to match his prior achievements. If he's faster and more experienced - how could he be worse??

I'd have him training up for the 2011 World Cup. I wouldn't overplay him in the next year, but he's a weapon that any team wants up their sleeves. Too early to pigeon hole him just yet.

stereotype

Club Cricketer
Tait is a weapon, if by the world cup Steve Smith gets into the ODI side which he should then having that extra bowler and Watson will allow Tait to be used in short spells and be rather deadly.

Robelinda

International Coach
Man, Tait was magnificent in the 07 World Cup, Lee was out injured, did no-one watch that WC or something??? We happened to win it undefeated, and Tait was awesome.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
On small grounds too, and Ponting set mostly attacking fields for him.

He was awesome in the semi, I think. And against Ireland.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Shane Watson > Shaun Tait even though he bowls 20ks slower than him. Pace is not everything, remember the Perth test against India in 2008? He was terrible there.

Users who are viewing this thread