South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia :laugh:

Excellent stuff from the debutantes Parnell and Lopsy. Lopsy in particular impressed me with his immaculate control.

ajdude

International Coach
That Commonwealth Bank chairman probably didn't know how to pronounce Tsotsobe's name. >_< Nah, Amla deserved at least one MOTM award this series.

And hey, South Africa may have won the Test and ODI serii (is that a word?) but we can take away the fact that we won the Twenty20 series pretty comfortably. Well, the first match anyway.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
And hey, South Africa may have won the Test and ODI serii (is that a word?) but we can take away the fact that we won the Twenty20 series pretty comfortably. Well, the first match anyway.

That's a pretty small consolation imo.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
That Commonwealth Bank chairman probably didn't know how to pronounce Tsotsobe's name. >_< Nah, Amla deserved at least one MOTM award this series.

Good one mate.

Attention to a post in his book "Captains Diary - 2008" by Ricky Thomas Ponting :

Teams that are outclassed in five-day matches and even 50-over games are much more competitive in Twenty20. India offer a good example of this.
:D How quickly things can come back biting you! All Ponting has to brag about currently is a T20 series win.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Might as well give us the Ashes now, let's compare results against South Africa:
Tests: 2-1 to South Africa in both
ODi's: 4-0 to England in England, 3-1 to South Africa in Australia.

That therefore leads me to believe, South Africa > England > Australia. Might as well present The Ashes to Strauss and co today =)

;)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
:D How quickly things can come back biting you! All Ponting has to brag about currently is a T20 series win.

I wouldn't say we were much more competitive in the Twenty20's, especially in the second, neither did we treat the wins like it was the best thing ever to happen.

Feelin Blue? added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Might as well give us the Ashes now, let's compare results against South Africa:

That therefore leads me to believe, South Africa > England > Australia. Might as well present The Ashes to Strauss and co today =)

;)

Plus South Africa played us with a stronger squad ;)

See, bragging is contagious. It's just impossible not to do, and you guys arent even number 1 yet! :p

I'm not sure that 'yet' belongs their though ;) :D

Precambrian

International Cricketer

;)
And since we beat England 1-0 both at home and away, let us sneak in there

SA > India > Daylight > England > Australia. :D

Users who are viewing this thread