14-18 Dec 1st Test Hobart
26-30 Dec 2nd Test Melbourne
03-07 Jan 3rd Test Sydney

11 Jan 1st ODI Melbourne (d/n)
13 Jan 2nd ODI Adelaide (d/n)
18 Jan 3rd ODI Brisbane (d/n)
20 Jan 4th ODI Sydney (d/n)
23 Jan 5th ODI Hobart (d/n)

26 Jan 1st T20I Sydney (ANZ Stadium)(Night)
28 Jan 2nd T20I Melbourne (Night)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Really Want Australian Selectors To Give A Chance To Alister McDermott

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aah that is why we do not tour Australia in December as NZ has a series vs England. SA, NZ and Australia normally competes for the VB series together.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well that VB Series sadly is no more :(

Just a shame that the one that started them all has bitten the dust. Back when it was the World Series Cup started in 1979

spooony

Club Captain
What do they call it now the Kangaroo cup? Triangular tournament is a triangular tournament. Concept still the same just new sponsors and name

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Not played every season now. It was brougfht back as a one off last summer after being MIA for the last few years

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Tri-series was bought back last summer because India were involved. It meant that the non-Australia matches would still get a lot of TV viewers. Financial decision in other words...Without India here, we go back to the 5 match series against 2 different countries, a move which started a few seasons back.

spooony

Club Captain
My appoligies. I thought they would continue with it as it was brought back and its one of the good traditions in cricket most support. I think if SA toured around December we would have had the tri seriies again cause half of SA lives in Australia already.

Sri Lanka get the Boxing match test returning to the ground where Murali was no balled and if Ponting playes against SA he will break Waughs record of 168 consecutive test appearances

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Nice, you'll love it. I'm afraid I missed out on my day of Test cricket this year. Was supposed to go to the Gabba yesterday...blasted rain :(

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Once again the Big Bash is going to stuff around with our test selection. With no more Shield games when this series starts, Ponting's replacement with probably be picked on Big Bash form. Khawaja, Hughes and Quiney would be the 3 in line.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Quiney should not be near the test team again. Was never good enough in the first place.

I don't know understand how George Bailey isn't in the test match set-up right now, if it is the selectors want to pick an experienced guy & want young talents like Hughes and Khawaja to be dominant on the first class scene before they are selected again.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
The replacement guy may depend where they want Watson and Clarke to bat now. Those 2 could bat anywhere from 3-5 at this stage, so it's just a question of whether you pick a top order guy like Hughes/Khawaja, or whether you pick a Bailey type guy in the middle. Or maybe just pick the top order guy and bat him at #5.

Clarke probably should be the long term #3, but as the best player of spin in the side he still has value at #4 or #5. Watson prefers the pace generally so #3 makes sense, but he's not a big 100 scorer and could use rest from bowling, so #4/#5 makes sense as well. Will be interesting to see where they end up.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I wouldn't move Clarke atm, for whatever reason he does his best work at 5 and with 4 doubles in a year who is to argue. Ideally he would move to 3 but I wouldn't change something that is working so well for the time being.

Watson at 4 would be ideal, 6 probably even better given his love for 50s. Big problem is going back to an inexperienced top 3 again, if Hughes or Khawaja kick on then we are looking good but I sense we could be 3 down for not many for quite some time.

Doolan named in the tour match along with Khawaja, either make a big score that could be their ticket into Ponting's spot.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think sri lanka will be murdered no matter which team they put out. Dilshan looks in terminal decline but I doubt he'll be dropped because no other opener is staking a claim, jayawardena has been out of form for a while now, mathews still has a bit to go before he's any real danger, samaraweera and sangakkara may turn good but I don't see it. the pace attack is rather toothless and herath isn't likely to get much purchase in australia.

Users who are viewing this thread